1 (edited by TURANZA 19-04-2015 19:58:44)

Topic: audio delay, svp performance is too low

I haven't edited any of the profiles and my screen is 1920x1080, hz is 144. And processor i7-4770. I use BSplayer since it's the only player that works with SVP. I get huge audio delay and the movement is choppy. Any help?

2 (edited by dlr5668 19-04-2015 20:29:52)

Re: audio delay, svp performance is too low

I use BSplayer since it's the only player that works with SVP
WAT ? MPC original / MPC-BE / PotPlayer / KMP all works exelent with SVP.

I get huge audio delay and the movement is choppy
Check svp cpu and gpu load %. Decrease settings if u need.

I have amazing perfomance with avs+ and last svpflow libs.

Interpolation up to 144 fps requires some mid-range video card plus needs more attention to both video driver and video renderer settings.

Getting FullHD @144 fps from i7 w/o any external video card can be rather tricky.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 20-04-2015 02:43:30)

I can confirm from my own experience that 144fps and 150fps requires considerably more performance than you would expect over even 120fps.

Therefore it may be wise to instead use something like MPC-HC's built-in resolution opitons and set it to 120hz for 24fps & 30fps content and 100hz for 25fps content.

If you are hesitant to give up the full 144hz, then I recommend seeing if your monitor is "lightboost" compatiible which will improve your monitor's motion resolution considerably:

Nintendo Maniac 64
I have 144Hz monitor with LightBoost technology. And it works good with MPC-MC. No noticeable audio delay.
Maybe it is the problem of certain video file?

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 20-04-2015 04:14:57)

MAG79 wrote:

Nintendo Maniac 64
Maybe it is the problem of certain video file?

Uhh, what I meant is that interpolating up to 144/150fps seems to take considerably more grunt than interpolating up to 120/125fps, especially when you consider that 120/125fps doesn't seem to need that much more grunt than 90/96/100fps

The lightboost thing is just being able to get the most out of your lightboost monitor if you're going to be running at a lower refresh anyway (lightboost itself does not support 144hz - it maxes out at 120hz).

I use 144Hz mode to watch 24 fps video. And I don't see any audio delay. What is different from your case?

I don't really have the issue in question unless SVP is running at less than 1.0x performance, and even then it's not audio delay but rather video delay relative to the audio - hence why I was suggesting that maybe it's just a performance issue?

Nintendo Maniac 64
Did you check your GPU load while using SVP?
via GPU-Z for example.

After switching to D3D Exclusive FS mode to counter visual issues, I'm noticing that my audio can sometimes start to lag ~250 mS behind the video with SVP 3.1.7 enabled, especially when playing in windowed mode.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

MAG79 wrote:

Nintendo Maniac 64
via GPU-Z for example.

Since this thread got bumped, I might as well respond to this post...

I wasn't saying I was having an issue, I was just mentioning that, whenever MPC-HC cannot render a video in real-time for whatever reason, the video will start to fall behind the audio.  This most commonly occurs when rendering the video in question maxes out your CPU.

Because of it you need to get not 100% CPU load but about 75% load to avoid such situations with video delayed.

13 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 07-10-2015 21:31:53)

MAG79 wrote:

Because of it you need to get not 100% CPU load but about 75% load to avoid such situations with video delayed.

Kind of difficult when the likes of SVP4 treats 1080p VP9 @ 1280x720 and 1440p VP9 @ 1280x720 exactly the same even though the latter requires considerably more CPU utilization. wink

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
MAG79 wrote:

Nintendo Maniac 64
via GPU-Z for example.

Since this thread got bumped, I might as well respond to this post...

I wasn't saying I was having an issue, I was just mentioning that, whenever MPC-HC cannot render a video in real-time for whatever reason, the video will start to fall behind the audio.  This most commonly occurs when rendering the video in question maxes out your CPU.

Reading that, I'm wondering if "fall behind the audio" isn't like "turn the AC up" in that it is a phrase that can mean either of 2 opposites lol.

VB_SVP wrote:

Reading that, I'm wondering if "fall behind the audio" isn't like "turn the AC up" in that it is a phrase that can mean either of 2 opposites lol.

I understand the double-meaning of "turning up the AC", but I don't understand the double-meaning of "fall behind the audio" - the only meaning I know of regarding that would be when the audio stream is playing at normal speed (1x) but the video stream is playing at slower-than-normal speed (say, 0.9x).

This audio delay issue, whatever causes it or however it is stated in relation to the video, is really annoying.  With lip movement in live action I can sort of ignore it but animated lip action really highlights the problem as the audio stops when the lip flap stops...or, at least, it is supposed to.

So is this issue being fixed by devs or not?  Still on free version of 4.0 but ordered full, and hoping that in final product this will be fixed