1 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-02-2015 21:58:49)

Topic: Mention "drop every other frame" in the OSD when active?

I just chased around a wierd choppiness issue in SVP for like half an hour that was all because I forgot to deactivate the "drop every other frame" function when I used it on some anime yesterday.  It'd be really nice if, when that funcion is active, the OSD would say something different.

My personal idea - for a 24fps video being interpolated to 72hz with 'drop every other frame' activated:
24 / 2 * (6 : 1) = 72 fps

For reference, it currently shows the following, which is exactly same as when 'drop every other frame' is not activated:
24 * (3 : 1) = 72 fps

EDIT: Related idea, an option to automatically enable "drop every other frame" if the video profile used has the "SVP shader" set to 'Sharp (for anime)'.

Re: Mention "drop every other frame" in the OSD when active?

Nintendo Maniac 64
It'd be really nice if, when that funcion is active, the OSD would say something different.
Ok. We will look how it can be done better.

It is nice idea. But it is hard to differ from standard line:

24 * (3 : 1) = 72 fps

Maybe it will be separate line in OSD. Like

drop every other frame enabled

to automatically enable "drop every other frame" if the video profile used has the "SVP shader" set to 'Sharp (for anime)'
Sorry. That setting is not related so much to make such link. But we will think about your suggestion.

Re: Mention "drop every other frame" in the OSD when active?

That function is very impressive. But making so many artifacts. So I decide to use when I want some fresh thing(?) only. (Sorry for bad English lol)