26 (edited by ithehappy 20-02-2015 21:29:01)

Re: A total new user, spellbound, however have some queries

biff
Thanks biff. I understand that you are asking me to extract the maximum juice from my old system and that is fair too, but I really don't want to do that any more. Cause this whole rig will be sold in less than two months time (except the GPU), and the party is my relative too, who is just a basic user, so I don't really want to OC the CPU and lessen the total life time of the CPU, mine is already four and a half years old, so you know. However my RAM is already OCed and running at 1800 MHz, haven't tried 2000 MHz. It's the entry level Corsair XMS3 kit, don't know whether it will be able to take 2000 MHz or not. However if it can I will simply do that, cause I have seen the performance difference between 1600 and 1800 MHz, not for playing videos and stuffs but for WinRAR extraction process.

27 (edited by ithehappy 20-02-2015 22:45:25)

Nintendo Maniac 64
Thanks once again mate. Actually yes, I have tried all the options, so yes the 2m (min artifacts) was tried on, but it was up to my taste. I mean it definitely does what it says, the artifacts were indeed minimum, minimal actually, but the whole video looks really choopy, you know jittery, it's like going back to 24 frames, LOL. But thanks for that suggestion that I need to increase other settings along with decreasing the frame interpolation mode, will try them one by one but tomorrow, very tired now.

Got the reset menu settings, so thanks, again smile

PS: I hit on the reset menu and it auto detected my hardware as i7 920/i5 2300 etc, and it's 4g or something, just out of curiosity if I select it at i7 980/i7 2600, profile 5, what would happen?

My experience, time and time again, is that the faster your machine and your software run, the less artifacting you have.

29 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-02-2015 05:57:29)

biff wrote:

My experience, time and time again, is that the faster your machine and your software run, the less artifacting you have.

As long as you have a decent amount of CPU headroom (10-20%), there should not be any quality difference, and even then any artifacting should be caused by the video decoder itself (like h.264 in-loop deblocking filter).

I mean, otherwise people wouldn't even be able to do non-realtime encoding with SVP.