Topic: Info on OverrideAlgo and OverrideArea for improving synthesis

It's been ages, but I'm back to trying Interframe for something.

Preliminary question is that I thought Interframe was the batch processing (for VirtualDub) counterpart to SVP.  But it appears the two are separate and use different AviSynths, SVP using 2.5.8 and Interframe using 2.6MT.  So they're not really all part of the same "package"?

I have upgraded to 2.6MT.  When I did, a problem went away.  My 222,000 frame video was only 990 frames long.  So I upgraded as the Interframe page said to (replacing the avisynth.dll I had with the one supplied at the Interframe link), and I was back to 222,000 frames.

This is good 29.97fps video, and I want to double it.  I'm supplying a very short test clip showing a person walking (21 frames).  I wish to learn about how to use the various OverrideAlgo and OverrideArea settings so that maybe I can get rid of the double-exposure effect seen at some points when the legs are swishing forward.  Animation mode seems to help, but at the great expense of the new frame not being "half way" from prior to next.

Can someone please (is this you Mag79?) download and run Interframe on the attached 21frame sample and advise??  Thanks, in advance.  Or if there's a different forum where I should be asking this, let me know.  The file is too big for this bbs, so I have it on a server of my own:
http://www.tomsgoodfiles.com/Tom's … 015-02.avi

Re: Info on OverrideAlgo and OverrideArea for improving synthesis

The instructions to run Interframe on a video are here

http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

Interframe is a AviSynth filter that uses SVP's engine.

Mystery
Interframe is a AviSynth filter

it isn't a "filter" but a "preset" for SVP wink

Mystery wrote:

The instructions to run Interframe on a video are here
http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

Mystery, that tells a noob about total install of numerous tools and Avisynth from scratch.  I thought I implied I had gotten much further than that, but I guess I left too much to "inference".  That link you gave goes into installing lots of things I don't need, MeGUI, MKVToolnix, K-lite codec pack, etc.  I don't need any of those.  I already am running my own script, having written and run numerous ones in the past (but not much with InterFrame).  Here's my script:

SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3,4)
AviSource("D:/Video-Work/2014-NCAA-wv/Tom's-test-clip2997.2015-02.avi"   )
ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
InterFrame(Cores=2,Tuning="Smooth")

I request that someone can run my 21-frame video referred in that script (and the avi is linked in my post) with this script.  (The script converts from 29.97 to 59.94fps.)  Then you'll see it is running, but the leg motion is what I am hoping to fix.  (You'll see that at certain spots there are "2 legs".)  The manual (InterFrame2.html) when speaking of 3 of the values for OverrideAlgo, and says "Others - If you know them you can use them".  I am asking the authors to divulge what those other Algo values are and what they mean.  This is so I could try them out and see which ones best "follow the leg".  (Doesn't it make sense that if there are other param values to any parameter, that it would be good to share user documentation??)

But while I'm willing to experiment with those other Algo values and even some "Area" values, it would be most helpful if you expert developers of Interframe and the Algo values could please look at these few frames in my video and ADVISE what param values you feel would give the best definition to those "double-vision" legs that you can see.

Would you author(s) please load my script (and tiny .avi) into your Vdub and take a look?

TCmullet wrote:

I wish to learn about how to use the various OverrideAlgo and OverrideArea settings so that maybe I can get rid of the double-exposure effect seen at some points when the legs are swishing forward.

I've since discovered SubJunk has a thread about InterFrame over on Doom9 and have been interacting there.  The double exposure effect was not eliminated because it needed "GPU=true" (done on hardware that has OpenCL).  As I have the answer to the mystery, it's no longer necessary to respond here to this problem.  (I also learned the differences and connections between SVP, InterFrame, SubJunk and the SVP team.)

However, I still feel it would be a good and maybe helpful thing for the various settings of OverrideAlgo and OverrideArea were documented in detail, so users could intelligently experiment with them and maybe better improve their results.

In this case here, I had mistakenly thought it was likely one of those areas that needed adjusting to solve my problem, when it was an inadequately understood functioning of the GPU switch in InterFrame.

What is the difference in spiriton script and the one generated using svp for video encoder