Topic: How to get SVP to interpolate to 48fps always?

My Intel G3258 is a great gaming chip but sadly only dual core and can only handle the 60fps interpolation when the browser is closed which is unpractical for my current use case.

Is there anyway to force SVP to interpolate to 48fps always regardless of the source frame rate of the video?

I am aware of the target frame rate option that allows for doubling of source frame rate but there is no way for me to manually input a frame rate I want.

Is what I am trying to accomplish possible? My CPU can handle interpolation to 48 fps just fine no matter what else is running in the background which is why I am trying to achieve this.

Thanks again for your time.

Re: How to get SVP to interpolate to 48fps always?

There is clearly seen an option Doubling (2x) in Profile. Double click on SVP icon while playing video.

aoisoraa
Is there anyway to force SVP to interpolate to 48fps always regardless of the source frame rate of the video?
Yes. You can point any custom refresh rate and fix it to SVP. SVP tray menu - Screen selection - Force... - check option "Specify custom screen refresh rate" and type 48 Hz - Save.

But you will get more CPU load when you will watch not 24 fps video at 48 fps. Use frame doubling instead as James D said.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 08-02-2015 05:37:50)

I'm going to assume you're using 1080p because I can do 96fps on my own G3258 just fine on 720p content with the maxed out "default" settings.

FYI, if you're doing 48fps then you may want to make a custom resolution of 48hz.  If that doesn't work, then if you're willing you could try 72hz which would be the next best thing (even if your video is still running at 48fps).

Intel and Nvidia users have the custom resolution function available in their graphics control panel, while AMD GPU users can use CRU - Custom Resolution Utility.