1 (edited by bum 11-01-2015 20:34:24)

Topic: Check your network connection (6) YouTube error

Hi!
Recently I reinstalled my OS (Windows 7 x64) and SVP ceased to work for me since then. Vimeo vids play just fine, the problem is with Youtube only.
I believe it has something to do with the sertificate that Youtube is using because Download Master warns me that it cannot verify Youtube's sertificate when I pass some YT video URLs to it to download. I have never seen this before this January.

Re: Check your network connection (6) YouTube error

bum
Download Master warns me that it cannot verify Youtube's sertificate when I pass some YT video URLs to it to download

you DO understand this's not normal, right?
you may have some serious security issues
or your system time isn't set correctly smile

3 (edited by bum 11-01-2015 21:04:57)

I'm not sure. It looks like the problem is with Youtube only. And my system time is correct.
Also, Firefox says that the connection with https://www.youtube.com/ is secure and that it is verified by Google inc

Sorry, have no idea then.
I can't do anything until I'll face the same issue.

Try to open https://www.youtube.com/ in IE - is it secured?

Yes, secured in IE too... I only get the warning that the website uses 3rd party software (Adobe flash player) to display its content.

you may want to roll back to SVPtube 1.2.3 - it doesn't use HTTPS at all

and for this reason may not work in your region  big_smile

7 (edited by Mystery 11-01-2015 22:26:49)

What anti-virus (and/or firewall) are you using?

When I re-installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus, at first I couldn't open PayPal because it hadn't yet updated its database of certificates.

8 (edited by bum 13-01-2015 11:04:01)

Mystery wrote:

What anti-virus (and/or firewall) are you using?

When I re-installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus, at first I couldn't open PayPal because it hadn't yet updated its database of certificates.

I don't have any anti-virus software, only TinyWall firewall. And I tried disabling it completely and it didn't help.
Thank you for the replies guys! The problem has disappeared just as suddenly as it arose. And I don't think that I have something to do with all this whatsoever.
The strangest thing in this story is the fact that almost all this time some folks from my ISP were working in our building.
I believe my ISP could try to crack [or something] that Youtube HTTPS encryption so they can see what their clients are doing on that site... We've had quite a bit of Internet censorship going on these few years in our small country (All forums where our government could be criticized were blocked.)
BTW, why this forum does not support HTTPS?