1 (edited by ckychris 04-12-2014 13:24:16)

Topic: SVP partly freezing after playback started

Here is the case:

A. SVP first opened, waiting for playback > playback started, working.

B. playback stopped at the middle, and resume to play. SVP will not turn to pause and keep working until it goes to C

C. previous playback closed, SVP freezed, icon stays green, does not response until
- right click (left clicks wont work)
- double click which unfreeze 5s after(see attachment #1)

Anyone have the same bug with me?

Using MPC and Madvr, standard LAV and ffshow raw filters.

This issue happening since 1 month ago.

Edit log is under 2 playback, closed the first one and opening the second one after, tried to re-install everything, couldn't work, suspected a settings problem.

Post's attachments

Log.txt 2.35 kb, 457 downloads since 2014-12-04 

擷取.PNG, 109.77 kb, 479 x 534
擷取.PNG 109.77 kb, 456 downloads since 2014-12-03 

Re: SVP partly freezing after playback started

Can you put here your last launch log (SVP tray menu - Information) just after freezing and unfreezing SVP?

I have experience with freezing SVP too, but not occurred anymore.
The freezing was randomly happened at that time, but then it was randomly solved and not happening anymore lol

I have experience with SVP manager immediately turned off (without any warning or error notification whatsoever, it just crashed). But for last several weeks (or 2-3 months maybe) it wasn't happened anymore.

So I conclude, the problem like this is lie in my machine rather than SVP itself.

MAG79 wrote:

Can you put here your last launch log (SVP tray menu - Information) just after freezing and unfreezing SVP?

Thanks for helping, I have put it on already  cool

ckychris
I see you use avisynth.dll 2.6.0.3. It is not criminal but SVP has another optimized version of avisynth. I recommend to use avisynth from SVP bundle. Maybe it will solve your problem with freezes.
There are nothing more strange in your log. When SVP freez is happend? Just after smooth playback starts?

6 (edited by ckychris 05-12-2014 09:27:05)

MAG79 wrote:

ckychris
I see you use avisynth.dll 2.6.0.3. It is not criminal but SVP has another optimized version of avisynth. I recommend to use avisynth from SVP bundle. Maybe it will solve your problem with freezes.
There are nothing more strange in your log. When SVP freez is happend? Just after smooth playback starts?

I guess avisynth.dll is indeed the (one of the)criminal, I replaced it with the one included in the SVP pack. And (part of the)bug is gone  tongue

After smooth payback starts, SVP program GUI will freeze but the video is still in smooth payback, which SVP at that moment will not able to detect any changes, including pausing stopping the video.

Here I found out that the language is not shown properly as well.

My windows7 language settings are traditional chinese(hong kong) which includes english.

Edit: reinstalled avisynth.dll now pause icon is properly displayed but closing playpack still causes the freeze

Post's attachments

擷取.PNG 181.8 kb, 172 downloads since 2014-12-05 

1 |21:24:04.428; SetPriorityPlayer: 3. Duration: 7946 ms
2 |21:24:12.374; RefreshSVP
3 |21:24:12.376; ===== Waiting for ffdshow video

I think there is something wrong at line 2, because I am sure that only my right click trigger that line

someone?