Topic: System Requirements

What are the system requirements for using MPC-HC + SVP?

And what are the system requirements for considering MPC-HC + SVP + madVR?

Re: System Requirements

from zero up to infinity

Do you mean SVP works on pretty much any system because it automatically switches settings based on what the system can handle?

Combining with madVR, however, is more demanding.

madVR has "bilinear" option, isn't it? so the answer is the same  big_smile

I mean it's pointless to ask for "system requirements of madVR" cause the correct answer is "DX11-compatible video card".

Does SVP also require a DX11-compatible graphic card?

Mystery
SVP needs any graphic card but to use GPU-acceleration you need OpenCL-compatible graphic card with recommended performance: GPU Compatibility

Thanks, that's helpful. Does that mean some people may actually need to manually disable OpenCL to get better performance if their graphic card is too low?

I'm trying to write simple instructions so that non-tech-savvy people can setup SVP and madVR to use with a software I wrote. Some of them are getting performance problems, so it's kind of trial and error so far.

8 (edited by Mystery 02-12-2014 23:01:25)

Btw, is there a way to programmatically change MPC-HC's configuration to enable/disable madVR?

And SVP's OpenCL, is there a way to programmatically change that setting? Most likely. I just have to know where is the settings file.

I think the easiest way to configure those would be to have a wizard that puts a 1080p video, then enables the components one after the other to know up to what the system supports. Some can't play regular 1080p videos on their computer, and someone had a blue screen while trying it.