Topic: SVPtube @ 120fps

Hello all,

As a lot of you may know, youtube recently introduced 60fps playback. This renders SVPtube useless for a lot of videos. However, regular old SVP is still great for me because it can take an MP4 and put it out at 120 fps. The Youtube side (SVPtube) however seems to be limited to 60fps. Is there any setting I can change so that SVPtube renders out to 120fps?

Thanks for any and all help!

Re: SVPtube @ 120fps

1. YT has 2 types of videos now - 30 fps and 60 fps
2. SVPtube "renders" nothing, it just provides the URL that can be opened in any video player
3. SVP can interpolate whatever-you-want up to 120 Hz. It doesn't matter if the source is 10 fps or 60 fps. However 60 fps source will require MUCH more CPU power for interpolation.

In other words, if you have 120 Hz screen, SVP is running and set to "to screen refresh rate" and you'll open 60 fps YT stream via SVPtube - then it'll be interpolated to 120 fps

Chainik wrote:

1. YT has 2 types of videos now - 30 fps and 60 fps
2. SVPtube "renders" nothing, it just provides the URL that can be opened in any video player
3. SVP can interpolate whatever-you-want up to 120 Hz. It doesn't matter if the source is 10 fps or 60 fps. However 60 fps source will require MUCH more CPU power for interpolation.

In other words, if you have 120 Hz screen, SVP is running and set to "to screen refresh rate" and you'll open 60 fps YT stream via SVPtube - then it'll be interpolated to 120 fps

Where exactly do you set it "to screen refresh rate"?

Thank you

ObeseCamelz wrote:

Where exactly do you set it "to screen refresh rate"?

Thank you

If you double-click the SVP item that's pinned in your taskbar, it will bring up a profile settings window. You can set the option there.

BTW, "to screen refresh rate" is value by default wink

6 (edited by rozen44 30-11-2014 09:55:47)

Hi is there a difference between a 120hz screen at 120fps versus 60fps with a 60hz screen is it more smooth with the 120hz screen or its the same with svp ?sorry if my english is bad im french.I just want to know because i dont no if a 120hz panel is worth for this program or i should stay at 60hz.

Hi. I am from Russia, but I'll write in English using Google translator;)

I'm interested in the same question that was asked and writing above:

Is FPS - number of frames per second in a video like that is associated with a refresh rate - Hertz?

I thought it was two different things altogether. or they are closely related to each other?

and copy on Russia languarge:

Привет.  Я из России, но напишу на английском с помощью гугль переводчика  wink

меня интересует тот же вопрос что и письмом выше задавался:

Разве фпс - число кадров в секунду в видеофайле как то связано с частотой обновления экрана - Герцы  ?

я думал что это разные вещи совсем.   или они тесно связаны между собой ?

Absolum wrote:

Разве фпс - число кадров в секунду в видеофайле как то связано с частотой обновления экрана - Герцы  ?
я думал что это разные вещи совсем.   или они тесно связаны между собой ?

И да и нет smile от фпс видео напрямую зависит оптимальная часта обновления экрана.
23,976 фпс отлично разворачивается в 71.928 Гц (многие мониторы поддерживают) или даже ~96 гц на корейских
25 фпс -> 60 фпс
30 фпс -> 60 фпс

9 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 12-09-2015 04:19:48)

For anyone else reading:

120fps @ 120hz > 60fps @ 60hz > 60fps @ 120hz

The only exception is if your display is not PWM*, in which case 60fps @ 60hz and 60fps @ 120hz should look extremely similar if not identical.

*you might be able to check by making a custom resolution at a low refresh rate, like 30hz - you would see flicker if your display is PWM, otherwise there'd be no flicker at all if your display is not PWM