Topic: Stereoscopic Player locks up

I set up SVP and Stereoscopic Player per the instructions, but when I launch la Blu Ray, the screen locks up almost immediately (1-2 second).  Sometimes with normal image on screen, sometimes with blank screen.  I see the SVP icon in my task bar.   Audio plays for 30 seconds or so, then silence.  If I delete the video processor 'ffdshow raw video filter'  then the video plays normally, but not smooth, same as no SVP.
How can I make the video not lock up?

Re: Stereoscopic Player locks up

it was tested on version 2.1.4, may be something changed since then
and I've never tried BRs but only SBS and OU stereo pairs

Hmm, I've just tested 2.1.4 again and it crashed every time I started SVP.
BUT the very same file with the very same settings plays well in the latest 2.3.0.

Chainik wrote:

Hmm, I've just tested 2.1.4 again and it crashed every time I started SVP.
BUT the very same file with the very same settings plays well in the latest 2.3.0.

I've tried it on both 2.14 and 2.30 with same results.  Plays fine with MPC player, but immediately locks up on Stereoscopic player in both 2D and 3D blu ray (SSIF).  Has this been tested on Blu ray with Stereoscopic player?

gkroller
SVP is not compatible to ssif-format and not compatible to BD3D.
It is because left view video stream and right view video stream are processed separately in different ffdshow instances.

I looked to my logs. I worked with BD3D support in april 2014, but faced some problems. I can continue to work on it if it really needed.

MAG79 wrote:

gkroller
SVP is not compatible to ssif-format and not compatible to BD3D.
It is because left view video stream and right view video stream are processed separately in different ffdshow instances.

I looked to my logs. I worked with BD3D support in april 2014, but faced some problems. I can continue to work on it if it really needed.

I *desperately* need BD3D support!  I must return my $4000 samsung unless I can get judder free 3D Blu Ray! 
Thanks!

gkroller
$4000 samsung definitely should have FRC built-in smile

Chainik wrote:

gkroller
$4000 samsung definitely should have FRC built-in smile

It does not.  Like all brands, all picture enhancements including FRC are disabled and grayed out when displaying 444 chroma.
  For every brand other than samsung, this isn't a problem, just use a mode that subsamples chroma  to 420.   But samsung  has a unique bug that degrades picture quality in all 3D modes if 420 chroma, known as the 'ugly bug'.  In 3D, 420 chroma PQ is so bad, it's not an option.   Only way to get rid of judder and maintain normal PQ is to process the judder in software so that  444 chroma mode can be used (444 chroma defeats the ugly bug, but disables built-in judder reduction).