1 (edited by Creat 14-11-2014 02:07:58)

Topic: SVPtube DASH-video playback doesn't include the whole video

Hello,

I have rather recently discovered SVPtube and it's a life-saver for me, since my GPU (HD6870) can't decode 1080p60 for some reason. It would allow me to use software decoding for YouTuve videos (f.ex. via Haali renderer in MPC-HC) without disabling hardware acceleration in chrome completely (which is the only way for me to watch those videos otherwise). It does take a rather long time to actually open the stream (~30s), but the download-script seems to take just as long, so that's apparently normal (I assume?)

The actual problem is that the video streams of most/all of the videos I want to watch are too short by an inconsistent amount (even for the same video), causing the video to play for a while just fine, but then video stops and only the audio continues normally. I'll use this as an example video, which is about 35 minutes long.
If I open the 1080p DASH-version, after the initial 'Opening ...', it seems to play fine and the length indicated is correct, but the length seems to come from the audio stream. Usually somewhere between 12-20 minutes, video playback will stop (black screen, audio continues normally). If I click the 'copy' button in SVPtube and explicitly open that stream I'm missing the audio (obviously) but I can see the length of the video stream (opening takes just as long, btw...). If I repeat this multiple times, even for the same video, I get varying lengths for it, but basically never the correct length. It might be 12:45, 13:05 or 14:00 or once it was 18:something (can't remember exactly).

This essentially means that I can't use this to watch 60fps videos (or anything 1080p) at the moment as a significant part of the video will be missing, which is a real shame. This may or may not be related to this issue, but I've never had the video be as short as a few seconds, let alone just 10...
EDIT: after reading a bit more carefully, I've noticed that those in that thread seem to have a rather similar issue after all, sorry for starting a new thread.

Re: SVPtube DASH-video playback doesn't include the whole video

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 993#p44993