Topic: [SVPtube] h264 60fps streams (unknown format/no audio)

It looks like youtube now has 60fps streams for h264 (DASH) with the itags 298 (720p) and 299 (1080p).
The only problem is that SVPtube detects them as unknown format and, unlike the other DASH formats, doesn't add the audio stream as the dub in MPC, resulting in video-only playback.

A video which already has this streams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMgxQHPnQj8

Re: [SVPtube] h264 60fps streams (unknown format/no audio)

There is a workaround, though it's a bit fiddly, and requires that you're using MPC:

Ensure that you have "show all formats" enabled. Copy the video link as always, then select the video stream you want (298 or 299) and click the "copy" icon (looks like two sheets of paper, between 'play' and 'reload'). Open MPC, click "File --> Open File..." and paste the URL into the upper field. Don't click "OK" yet. Return to SVPtube and select the audio stream, will usually be called something like "Audio (mp4, medium)" and will also be a strike-through font and also copy it. In MPCs open-dialog, paste this into the lower box ("Dub") and now click "OK". This will play the selected video stream with the audio stream and should work.
As I said, it's a bit fiddly...

I really hope we'll see direct support for this soon (even though I've only just discovered SVPtube, I already love it). It should be relatively trivial to add the format definitions to tell it how to handle and treat the streams. Looking forward to it smile

they've been testing it since June
as these formats're now "official" (298,299-h264, 302,303-VP9) they'll be added in the next release

Is there a preview-release available somewhere I can test/experiment with?

http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.2.2.zip
it's not yet "released" - will wait for one day smile

Chainik wrote:

http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.2.2.zip
it's not yet "released" - will wait for one day smile

Streaming works perfectly with 60fps videos from youtube.

The script for downloading the videos does not work. Something about "specified file not found" in line 71 char 3.

@Chainik: Thanks, much appreciated! I'll test around a bit. if I notice anything not quite right I'll report back...

Stonga
Something about "specified file not found" in line 71 char 3.

you really need ffdmpeg.exe somewhere around

Chainik wrote:

Stonga
Something about "specified file not found" in line 71 char 3.

you really need ffdmpeg.exe somewhere around

You're right lol.

I thought I had it in the same folder.

I feel stupid now. sad

Anyways, thanks for adding support for streaming and downloading 60fps videos so fast.