1 (edited by Jwood013 15-10-2014 03:52:11)

Topic: I've installed SVP3.1.6 Full; I still see "Waiting for ffdshow video"

I've installed SVP 3.1.6 Full, went with the default installation therefore I should have everything I need. I'm using MPC-HC (as installed with SVP Full), "ffdshow raw video filter" is chosen as one of my external filters, and SVP still says (when I hover the mouse over the icon in the tool menu) "Waiting for ffdshow video".

I see no SVP file or folder in my Roaming folder. From what I read I think that's an issue, not sure though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I changed a word

Update: I uninstalled all the programs used in setting up SVP, cleaned my registry with CCleaner and installed them again. It works now but due to my slow PC I can't even watch movies at 48 FPS so this was a lost cause.

Re: I've installed SVP3.1.6 Full; I still see "Waiting for ffdshow video"

Are you playing the video while checking/hovering the SVP icon?

mashingan

Yes, yes I am.

I read in another forum post that I should re-install but clean my registry with CCleaner. I'm installing SVP full again and will report back with results.

4 (edited by Jwood013 15-10-2014 03:46:03)

mashingan wrote:

Are you playing the video while checking/hovering the SVP icon?

I have the program working now, sort of. Sadly I only have a dual core APU @ 2.7ghz (AMD A6-4400M) so 1080p video seems to be a no go.

Jwood013 wrote:

Sadly I only have a dual core APU @ 2.7ghz (AMD A6-4400M) so 1080p video seems to be a no go.

I was struggling too when watching 1080p on my older system. I didn't use many fancy filter but it still was hard.

So I think it's no wonder if you can't use SVP in older system.

Jwood013 wrote:

Update: I uninstalled all the programs used in setting up SVP, cleaned my registry with CCleaner and installed them again. It works now but due to my slow PC I can't even watch movies at 48 FPS so this was a lost cause.

What is your display refresh rate? maybe you can lower it into half or quarter of your display refresh rate.
Hopefully Re-clock will detect it as exact multiple of your display refresh rate and smooth it.

e.g. I have 60hz display refresh rate, if the video has 29fps, it's half of my display refresh rate. Then Re-clock will smooth the motion video.

mashingan wrote:
Jwood013 wrote:

Sadly I only have a dual core APU @ 2.7ghz (AMD A6-4400M) so 1080p video seems to be a no go.

I was struggling too when watching 1080p on my older system. I didn't use many fancy filter but it still was hard.

So I think it's no wonder if you can't use SVP in older system.

Jwood013 wrote:

What is your display refresh rate? maybe you can lower it into half or quarter of your display refresh rate.
Hopefully Re-clock will detect it as exact multiple of your display refresh rate and smooth it.

e.g. I have 60hz display refresh rate, if the video has 29fps, it's half of my display refresh rate. Then Re-clock will smooth the motion video.

I said "no 1080p" because even 48 FPS video didn't even work.

Jwood013
AMD A6-4400M

it may work in 1080p with 1st profiles set selected... if nothing else will interfere
but anyway it won't be "smooth"