1 (edited by WolfyAmbassador 16-06-2014 01:16:10)

Topic: MPC-HC has been terminated.

I get this as a dmp error. I think it may have to do with SVP or SVPtube. It has happened with GPU acceleration turned on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … sp=sharing I put it in txt format.

Don't even ask. It's kinda like a weird language.

Along with this, I get a graphics card driver crash and an ffdshow script error an a message saying svp cannot prepare the smooth playback.

My driver is up to date as far as this computer goes.

Re: MPC-HC has been terminated.

WolfyAmbassador
I can't understand your txt-format smile
Video driver crashes are not normal. You need to check stability of your video card and video driver. Maybe overheating, maybe unstable beta-driver, try WHQL, try older one.

MAG79 wrote:

WolfyAmbassador
I can't understand your txt-format smile
Video driver crashes are not normal. You need to check stability of your video card and video driver. Maybe overheating, maybe unstable beta-driver, try WHQL, try older one.

I have the latest stable official driver. I don't think it would be overheating, because if my laptop gets too hot the fan would usually shoot air at high speeds and you can actually hear the fan going fast. After I got that mpc has been terminated message, I tried to relaunch the svptube video and it'll say something like "svp cannot prepare smooth video playback". Maybe I should use a lower shader. What's a good shader for lower end pcs? Also being that I have a low end pc, is it possible to use the "uniform" interpolation setting without getting performance issues? The preset/auto-detect gives me 1m average mode in svp. I usually try to experiment with it and try to lower other settings so I could use uniform, but no matter what, it eventually becomes unstable in terms of stuttering or audio being out of sync with video, or overall crashing somehow.  I do have my laptop OCed from 1.5ghz to 2.2ghz.

Frame size and frame rate: 1280x720 pixels, 23.976 fps
After auto crop: 1280x692 pixels

Detected screen parameters
Screen size and refresh rate: 1366x768 pixels, 59.966 Hz

Video smoothing info
Smooth factor: 5:2
Resulting video frame rate: 59.94 fps
Repeat 1 frame every 38 sec

Selected profile: 1280x720@24

Profile settings of video processing
[ExMethod=MSmoothFps_0]        Frames interpolation mode: Uniform (max smoothness)
[ExAlgo=2]            SVP shader: 2. Sharp (for anime)
[ExMulti=5:2:5]            Target frame rate: 24->60 (2.5x)
[ExBlockSize=16x16:0]        Motion vectors grid: 16 px. Average 0
[ExRecalc=0:0]            Decrease grid step: Disabled (default)
[TypeDist=Hex:-6:SATD]        Search radius: Small
[ExPel=0]            Motion vectors precision: Two pixels
[Badsad=1000:-24]        Wide search: Average (default)
[ExSadml=0]            Artifacts masking: Disabled (default)
[ExBlend=false]            Processing of scene changes: Repeat frame (default)
[ExDwnResize=0]            Decrease frame size: Disabled (default)

Settings by menu
[svp_libflowgpu=1]        GPU-acceleration (OpenCL): true
[ExThreads=0]            Processing threads: Auto
[StereoMode=0]            Stereo mode (3D): Plain 2D
[AutoCrop=1]            Auto crop black bars: true [0:14:0:14]
[HandCrop=None]            Frame crop: Disabled
[Borderlight=None]        Outer lighting: Disabled
[VDelay=0]            Video delay: 0 ms
[ExDemo=0]            Demonstration mode: false
[ExTearingTest=0]        Tearing test: false
[StopSmoothDelayOnRewind=1]    Turn off on seek: Turn off by 1 sec

System Manufacturer    SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
System Model    305E4A/305E5A/305E7A
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) (OCed to 2.2ghz)

Adapter Description    AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
Adapter RAM    512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)

4 (edited by WolfyAmbassador 16-06-2014 15:08:17)

I booted up my computer and got this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … sp=sharing

Also you may be right about the overheating. I opened the temp monitoring program (core temp) and from what i've seen, all these days/months of running SVP (with and without GPU acceleration) my temp has been running between 85C-100C continuously in a room with no A/C. The max specified temp for this laptop is 100C. I hope i didn't damage my laptop. I just undid the overclock.

After I undid the overclock, it runs around 80-81C with SVP and MPC. It auto-detected at a lower profile since I underclocked it, it used the "fastest" shader with 1m for 720p, as well as some other lower settings, but I still selected the uniform interpolation setting. With GPU acceleration, there's less artifacts on "fastest".

These errors seem to only happen in DVXA copy-back, however, that's the only usable mode on my pc for GPU acceleration. I am using the EVR renderer. Please let me know if I could fix these errors.