1 (edited by serendo 08-06-2014 12:30:05)

Topic: [SOLVED] Intel Driver Crashed After Launching SVP Manager

I've just recently installed SVP on my laptop, but every time I try to launch the SVP manager, I keep getting the message that the Intel graphics driver has crashed and recovered. And then the SVP icon tray is also unresponsive, when I try to play a youtube video using SVPTube, nothing would happen (no videos are played), and when I open a video using MPC, the video would be played normally at its original framerate.

My laptop is an Asus S451LB with Intel Core i7 4500U and NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: [SOLVED] Intel Driver Crashed After Launching SVP Manager

- update Indel driver
- downgrade Intel driver

choose one  big_smile

Unfortunately, it seems that I'm stuck with the drivers officially supported by ASUS as shown here (I'm using Win 8.1 btw). I actually had already tried to install the latest driver for my CPU from Intel, but I got an error message saying something along the lines of this driver is not validated for this device. So it seems installing another version of the driver is not a solution for me.

Run SVPmark and try to pass the tests with Intel's card selected and then with NV.

I was using the 10.18.10.3308.02 version of the driver but I've never actually tried the other one (i.e 10.18.10.3325.01). So I decided to try it out hoping that nothing would break, and it seems to work without any problem. SVP is working correctly now. Thank you so much for the help. smile

May be it's some NV Optimus issue, try to set it so SVP Manager and the video player always run with NV card active.

===
Oh, ok smile