Topic: Any way to stream videos/live streams from websites onto MPC-HC?

Something similar to SVPtube, except it is not limited to only youtube, but varies other websites, or some way to copy the video url from the website with the , open it up in MPC-HC, and the MPC-HC player detects the video that's on the website and plays it?

Example: "http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13toh … 19_animals" and then open it up in MPC-HC?

Also, how can I stream live streams like E3 Electronics Expo from a website live into MPC-HC?

P.S. Surprisingly, Vimeo links worked in SVPtube.

Re: Any way to stream videos/live streams from websites onto MPC-HC?

WolfyAmbassador

It's very hard to track all of 100s of sites for the HTML engine changes. It's not "hard" but just impossible. The only project I know (and it's feeding ALL other "downloaders" with the code) is youtube-dl.

I mean if youtube-dl can't download your E3's videos - nobody can.

May be at some point we'll move SVPtube to use youtube-dl engine.

Surprisingly, Vimeo links worked in SVPtube.

yeah, it's a miracle!  big_smile

from the main SVPtube page wrote:

SVPtube is a tiny free app to extract direct URLs to live streams from YouTube and Vimeo

Chainik wrote:

WolfyAmbassador

It's very hard to track all of 100s of sites for the HTML engine changes. It's not "hard" but just impossible. The only project I know (and it's feeding ALL other "downloaders" with the code) is youtube-dl.

I mean if youtube-dl can't download your E3's videos - nobody can.

May be at some point we'll move SVPtube to use youtube-dl engine.

Surprisingly, Vimeo links worked in SVPtube.

yeah, it's a miracle!  big_smile

from the main SVPtube page wrote:

SVPtube is a tiny free app to extract direct URLs to live streams from YouTube and Vimeo

So videos must be downloaded in order to watch? It's impossible to use MPC-HC with live stream and SVP?

> youtube_dl -g http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13toh8_eurofurence19_animals

will give you something like

http://www.dailymotion.com/cdn/H264-1920x1080/video/x13toh8.mp4?auth=1402042365-2562-yzj4znuh-d53a643be6851e03a3751e5336752e56

paste it to MPC-HC "Open file..." window and it'll work

I have to download youtube_dl? Also, thanks.

Alright I used this method. So far it works for youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrUGKwc8JA

WolfyAmbassador
Alright I used this method. So far it works for youtube

May be we've some misunderstanding here  hmm

"youtube_dl" is an ultimate solution that can download (or just give an URL) videos from almost anywhere.
Since all video providers (especially YouTube) are continuously changing their methods of hiding that direct URL, this ultimate solution requires continuous work to track those changes.

But there're some more convenient ways, compared to the command-line, to get the video. One of them is SVPtube, but it accepts YT and Vimeo only.

Chainik I use SVPtube, but it crashes the mpc-hc player a lot, which forces it to close immediately, so I can only watch a handful of videos with that. However, sometimes the video will open and play properly at certain times, and then it'll start crashing again on other times. I will use Youtube dl for when I want to watch stuff that I can't on youtube, but at the same time, I don't know how to download links from other sites, like the commands for them so youtube-dl is able to download them.

WolfyAmbassador
I use SVPtube, but it crashes the mpc-hc player a lot

it happens with or without SVP running?

Chainik both

use the latest MPC-HC build with internal decoders only

if the crash with some video is repeatable - post here the link to that video

Chainik wrote:

use the latest MPC-HC build with internal decoders only

if the crash with some video is repeatable - post here the link to that video

MPC-HC is built into SVP folder, how would i be able to update it and keep it in the SVP folder with all of the settings that work with SVP?

WolfyAmbassador
MPC-HC is built into SVP folder

ok, then we're moving to 2nd point - "if the crash with some video is repeatable - post here the link to that video"

Chainik

Sir, I just wanted to share my way of viewing files on season var...

just open the javascript console when you have a video paused
run this command:

uppodGet("videoplayer719", "get[file]");

That will return the url to the file being played. You can then go into MPC-HC and play it, and it will be 60fps (well, with SVP running).

I was thinking of making a bookmarklet, but it would be helpful if perhaps SVPTube can look for any .MP4 link on HTTP and pass that to MPC-HC automatically.