Topic: Can't enable "Expert" mode on SVP 3.1.6

Hello to everyone,

my congratulations to SVP-team for making this awesome software.

I installed the new 3.1.6 version, but there is no selection for the Interface mode during the installation as with version 3.1.5.

After installation, SVP gets stuck with Basic mode and I can't find a way to enable the expert mode.

I would greatly appreciate your help....

Keep up your awesome work!

Re: Can't enable "Expert" mode on SVP 3.1.6

SVP tray menu - Inteface type - Expert

Yes, I've already tried that.

It doesn't change and stays on Basic Mode.

The same happened with SVP 3.1.5. You had to preselect Expert mode during the installation.

picolo
Something wrong with user's rights to SVP settings folder. Uninstall SVP with delete all settings and install again. It must help.

I've already tried that.

Completely uninstalled SVP 3.1.5 --> Installed SVP 3.1.6 --> Completely uninstalled SVP 3.1.6 --> Reinstalled it

Is there a way to manually force expert mode?

Yes. First off all I need to know your SVP settings folder: for all users or for local user?
What you choosed when install SVP?

7 (edited by picolo 19-04-2014 08:16:19)

OK, now it works.

What I did is during the installation, I deselected and reselected the option that gives rights to all users (which is preselected by default).

Could this be an installation bug?

Congratulations! smile

picolo
Could this be an installation bug?
No. I think it is "lucky" configuration in your case.
If anyone can confirm the issue at his system then we will start to fix it.

10 (edited by picolo 19-04-2014 08:22:56)

MAG79 wrote:

Congratulations! smile

Haha, thank you!

But I still don't understand why this problem occurred in the first place. I never touched this selection before and it is preselected for all users.

picolo
Did you any changes with logins of your windows recently?
The problem can appears when renaiming or add new user without reinstall SVP.

12 (edited by picolo 19-04-2014 08:38:27)

No, absolutely no changes to Windows Users, accounts, passwords etc....

As I wrote before, I had exactly the same problem with version 3.1.5 and had to preselect expert mode during the installation to enable it. From the system tray I couldn't select it.

Now, with SVP 3.1.6, I installed it 3 times to make it work, and the only difference in the last installation was that I deselected and reselected the SVP settings folder permission for all users....

picolo
It is not permission selection it is selection of SVP settings folder location.
If problem was earler it is mean SVP settings folder was created before SVP 3.1.5 installation without rights needed to work properly. If folder exist then SVP installator don't change them. And problem stays.
If folder apsend then it is created and all rights are given to it. I think when you uninstalled SVP last time you selected DELETE SETTINGS FOLDER and it helped you.

Perhaps, although I am certain that I deleted the settings folder the last times I uninstalled the software. But ,yes, I cannot exclude that it could be a user error from me.

Nevertheless, the problem is solved now and I thank you very much for your support!

You are welcome smile

Hello again!!!

So, because I wasn't satisfied with the randomness of my problem's solution, I checked a little more the whole situation.

I uninstalled SVP 3.1.6 once more, I chose to delete the SVP settings folder, I manually checked for any files remaining on the hard disk, I run CCleaner to remove any registry leftovers, I restarted my computer and reinstalled SVP 3.1.6, choosing to install the settings folder for all users.

And, as before I cannot change the Interface from the system tray. In fact, I cannot change any settings from the system tray.

I located the SVP settings folder and the file SVPMgr and manually changed the Interface selection value to "2"

That forced the Expert Interface and I have access to the advanced settings, but the fact remains that I cannot change any other setting from the system tray Interface. Processing threads, frame crop, outer lighting etc, all remain unchanged to default values.

But I can change the active profile settings (by double clicking on the SVP system tray icon) when a video file is playing.

picolo
Thank you. I can try to fix the issue. But I need your help.
It is good that you can repeat the issue.

I need to know:
1. details about your user's account. User or Admin. UAC current setting?
2. details about C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1 folder's settings: permissions for this folder and is there rule fo all users?

1. The windows installation has only one account, Administrator. The UAC is "Default"

2. The permissions for C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1 folder are as follows:

Everyone: Allow for everything. The "Special permissions" is unticked
Administrators: Allow for everything. The "Special permissions" is unticked
Users: Allow for "read & execute", "List folder contents", "Read", "Special permissions"

Windows 7?

Yes, Windows 7

I can't reproduce the issue. When I install SVP 3.1.6 on my Win7 it switches to Expert mode from tray menu successfully.

Can you give me access to your PC via teamviewer?
If yes then send me private message with your ID and password.

MAG79 I found it!!!!!

The MSI Afterburner's "MSI On-screen display server 4.5" conflicts with SVP !!!!

If the MSI On screen display server loads before loading SVP, you lose control of the SVP system tray menu. If I disable the MSI program and restart SVP (close it from task manager and then reopen it), I have control of the SVP system tray menu even if I enable the MSI program afterwards.

If I enable the MSI program before loading SVP, immediately I lose control of the SVP menu when I load it.

So it goes like this:

Load MSI Afterburner On screen display server ----> load SVP----> No control of SVP system tray menu

Load first SVP ------> load MSI Afterburner On screen Display server -----> Full control of SVP system tray menu

picolo
Thank you for solution!