1 (edited by Novaeangliae 11-04-2014 00:32:55)

Topic: [FIXED] Unable to install SVPLight for SVP 3.1.6

I've recently installed SVP onto my computer (Windows 8.1), and everything is fine. I have Lightpack and Prismatik installed so I decided I would install SVPLight for the benefits, however I've been unsuccessful in trying to get the installer to even run...

I run into a prompt after selecting my language to be English that tells me I need to download SVP 3.1.6 (and I've triple checked, triple downloaded including torrent, and reinstalled to try to verify) but it doesn't seem to recognize SVP on my system.

I have an SSD where my OSS and programs are installed (Where I had SVP install to) and a 3 TB Hard drive disk that stores videos, etc., I thought it may have been a drive issue so I reinstalled SVP on the 3 TB drive with no success (same prompt telling me to go download SVP again).

I've tried numerous things such as compatibility settings, adminstrative settings for both SVPLight.exe and SVP manager, however nothing seems to make it get past the prompt and install. FAQ and google searches came up with nothing.

Please advise,
Thanks!
Tri

Edit: added file with screenshot

Post's attachments

svplight.png, 6.64 kb, 475 x 178
svplight.png 6.64 kb, 344 downloads since 2014-04-10 

Re: [FIXED] Unable to install SVPLight for SVP 3.1.6

please re-download SVPlight installation file from our site

Chainik wrote:

please re-download SVPlight installation file from our site

Thanks, the installation worked this time around, I'm now facing a different issue where when I configure the SVPLight settings and close it out, it doesn't save them and I have to keep reconfiguring, I've tried with the Lightpack and Prismatik engine, both seem to fail at retaining my configuration when I close out the SVPLight configuration box. SVP doesn't seem to be using it when I click tell it to use SVPLight, I haven't had a chance to peruse the forums for this issue, is there a solution?

mad

The problem is "Software\SVP-Team\SVP" registry key is moved from HKCU to HKLM

The quick solution: add DWORD value at HKCU\Software\SVP-Team\SVP\SettingsFolderType = 2

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3138&download=0

Post's attachments

svplight-reg-fix.png, 15.57 kb, 666 x 226
svplight-reg-fix.png 15.57 kb, 346 downloads since 2014-04-11 

Chainik wrote:

mad

The problem is "Software\SVP-Team\SVP" registry key is moved from HKCU to HKLM

The quick solution: add DWORD value at HKCU\Software\SVP-Team\SVP\SettingsFolderType = 2

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3138&download=0

Many thanks, I'm about to head to work but it looks to be working, I'm looking forward to donating to the cause!

fixed, just re-download installation file from the Downloads section