Topic: API for Player Applications?

Is there an API for player applications to access the SVP settings?

There is a "toggle" hot key to enable and disable SVP.  Is there away to send "discrete" enable and "discrete" disable hot keys?  I want to allow users of my player to enable and disable SVP if certain conditions that they define exist.  I'd rather send an "on" or "off" command rather than sending a toggle code and trying to guess at the status.

Thanks.  Great project.

Re: API for Player Applications?

ccrocker
No, SVP has not any API to control yet.

What player do you create?
How do you planing to integrate and to use SVP with your player?

Re: API for Player Applications?

MAG79 wrote:

ccrocker
No, SVP has not any API to control yet.

What player do you create?
How do you planing to integrate and to use SVP with your player?

I'm one of the developers for MeediOS and am developing a video player focused on using LAV, madVR, Reclock, ffdshow raw filters.  More info can be found here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=167183

I've incorporated a "Toggle SVP" option within the player video menu options (unreleased for now).  Screen shot attached.  I've done this through sending key presses "Alt Control Windowkey P".  However, if the user changes the hotkeys, this won't work.  I'd rather be able to send SVP a message through an API.

I'd also like to allow the user to set an option to automatically turn SVP on or off based on movie meta data (ie Animation).  So my player would get that data from the MeediOS library and then turn SVP on or off based on user settings and the media being played.  However, to do this, I need to be able to detect if SVP is on or off and then respond accordingly.

Post's attachments

MeediOS SVP.jpg 186.9 kb, 113 downloads since 2014-01-03