Topic: A Problem with H/W Accelaration

Hi all. My laptop is equipped with nVIDIA GeForce GT630M and every time I used SVP with H/W acceleration on, my computer became quite slow and the frame rate become quite low as was totally not smooth.
But, when I turned off the H/W acceleration and used all my CPU threads to support SVP, it was quite smooth and looked wonderful, by the way, my CPU is Intel i7-2670QM.
I use MPC-HC with LAV suite (LAV Video Decoder, Audio Decoder and Splitter) and ffdshow raw video process and the renderer is MadVR.
I have tried SVP on another laptop equipped with 630M GPU and i5-3230M, but the situation remained the same and the H/W acceleration with Intel QuickSync even did not work.
Was it because of the MadVR? I think MadVR really occupies a lot of GPU. Or was it because the deband of ffdshow I set?
Thanks. (When I turned on the SVP with all the CPU threads, the effects were really fantastic. I am just curious about this problem.  wink )

Re: A Problem with H/W Accelaration

630M is a very slow card, just do not put too much on it

Chainik wrote:

630M is a very slow card, just do not put too much on it

Thank you very much and maybe the reason was I had put the rendering and raw video processing work to the GPU so it was too tired.
I think I should upgrade my computer. smile
Another two questions:
i - Which one performs better, LAV splitter or Haali?
ii - SVP has raised the frame rate to a very high level, so do I need to still use ReClock?
Thanks again.  smile

qatalyst
Which one performs better, LAV splitter or Haali?

no matter, its equal

qatalyst
SVP has raised the frame rate to a very high level, so do I need to still use ReClock?

yep, desirable