1 (edited by moeburn 25-11-2013 18:02:10)

Topic: Windowed plays back at 60fps, but fullscreen only 45fps?

So I managed to get SVP working, and it looks absolutely stunning... when MPC-HC is only windowed.  But as soon as I double click mpc-hc to make it go full screen, I lose that magical effect.  Running FRAPS in the background confirms this; I am getting 60fps when MPC-HC is windowed, even if the window is maximized, but only 44-45fps when in true fullscreen.  What am I doing wrong?  Is my hardware simply not powerful enough?  I am running an AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6ghz*4, and a Radeon HD 5770 1GB video card, with 4GB DDR3 RAM.  OpenHardwareMonitor confirms that both my CPU and GPU are being used; CPU usage is around 50-60% and GPU is 50-60% when playing back video.

I don't think its a hardware limitation, because I can take the same video, set MPC-HC's UI layout to "minimal", and then maximize the window, and achieve the exact same size/look as full screen.  But using MPC-HC's fullscreen-mode lowers the framerate for some reason. 

The source video is a 720p mkv, at around 1300kbps.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Windowed plays back at 60fps, but fullscreen only 45fps?

moeburn

what is your hardware?

what render did you use?

Rimsky wrote:

moeburn

what is your hardware?

what render did you use?

I already posted my hardware in the first post.  But like I said, this can't have anything to do with hardware limitations, because I can achieve the exact same fullscreen look by setting MPC-HC to minimal, and then stretching the window to fill the entire screen.  It's just when I try and use TRUE full screen mode that the frame rate drops.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'what render', but I tried several different combinations of 'frames interpolation mode' and 'svp shader' in the SVP settings.

moeburn

I use MadVR render
show me the same picture from your MPC during playing
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2907

Post's attachments

ewrwerwer.jpg, 278.91 kb, 720 x 547
ewrwerwer.jpg 278.91 kb, 492 downloads since 2013-11-25 

Well my MPC-HC was set to "madVR" in options->output, so I changed that to Sync Renderer, and now it works!  Not sure why madVR couldn't do 60fps on an exclusive full screen render, but whatever Sync Renderer is can do it just fine, so I'll be using that.

thanks!

moeburn
otherwise better render for you is EVR CP

Rimsky wrote:

moeburn
otherwise better render for you is EVR CP

thanks, EVR CP works great too!  is it better than Sync Renderer in any way?

moeburn
its the fastest render after overlay