Topic: finding a profile that works

now that I've got svp working with stereoscopic player (hurrah big_smile ) the fun begins.
I'm trying to get two live 1080p@30 cameras up to 1080p@60 but need help creating a profile that doesn't complain  roll

My rig:
intel haswell i7 4770k oc'd 4.4Ghz
dual geforce titan sli
32gb ddr3 ram @2800

when I try running stereoscopic player with the stereoscopic multiplexor (dual 1080p@30 cameras)
svp performance is too low message displayed.

so if I wanted to create a custom profile for this setup would I create a 3840x1080 @ 30Hz profile since the player creates a sbs frame?
and what should I try changing first among the many parameters available to get this working?
Or is this an impossible task without a supercomputer?
thanks,
Robert

Re: finding a profile that works

gillecaluim
Start from choose 1g / 2g / 3g profiles set from SVP menu - Video profiles - Reset to defaults.
Then remember good settings. Then return to 5g set and add new profile 3840x1080 @ 30Hz with these settings.

And you are right. It is heavy task to SVP to smoothing dual 1080p@30 video. wink

3 (edited by gillecaluim 22-11-2013 18:42:37)

does the svp manager utilize my sli setup?  I'd be willing to fund the changes necessary to allow a dual sli card setup to utilize both gpus for smoothing.  I know most of the game developers utilize sli for frame rendering and perhaps svp could be tweaked for stereo vision so that the stereo frame is split into individual frames and separately processed by both gpu.

nvidia sli info
https://developer.nvidia.com/sli-best-practices

gillecaluim
does the svp manager utilize my sli setup?

SVP enought gtx650Ti
so sli 780GTX svp-load is near zero

couldn't understand what you were trying to say Rimsky....

gillecaluim
does the svp manager utilize my sli setup?

SVP is CPU-limited for all frame sizes above 720p
unless you've something like a "supercomputer"
so it's really doesn't matter how many titans do you have

7 (edited by gillecaluim 22-11-2013 22:04:52)

so if I really needed stereoscopic 1080p should I go to a dual xenon supercomputer...would svp be able to use the extra cpu? Cause my current setup doesn't seem up to the task.

gillecaluim
should I go to a dual xenon supercomputer

Well, no  big_smile
Predefined profiles "level 1" allows to run 1080p on Core2Duo machines so just a 2*1080p should work fine on overclocked i7.
MAG79 said it in the 2nd message...

after some tests I think it's a stereoscopic built-in renderer issue
may be it just cant render 2*1920*1080*60

at least I can easily process 3840*1080 in MPC-HC but in Stereoscopic it just dies