1 (edited by BipBip 30-05-2011 14:41:27)

Topic: Option to disable automatic ffdshow raw activation

I don't know if it's possible to deactivate this but each time I launch svp it activates ffdshow raw and I'd like an option to not activate it.

That is, I have some movies that I can't use with svp since they are too cpu demanding (1080p) so I don't use it for smooth motion. So the thing I do is to use dxva for these kind of movies with vmr9 as renderer (Windows XP) and I have ffdshow raw added to the external filters in MPC which is disabled.

But when I watch some movie/clip that my cpu can handle 720p I activate ffdshow in the external filters and madvr renderer. The problem is that svp enables ffdshow raw so the next time I want to watch a 1080p clip I have to disable ffdshow raw in external filters but ALSO I have to go to ffdshow config window to disable raw support.

No big problem but little annoying   big_smile

EDIT: Or option to restore previous state of ffdshow raw when leaving svp would be best...

Re: Option to disable automatic ffdshow raw activation

BipBip
option to restore previous state of ffdshow raw when leaving svp
It is must be so. Restoring of previos state on exit SVP. If not so we will fix it.
Thank you for report.

About RAW mean "all supported" in ffdShow Video Decoder. Now SVP change it every time it launch.
If it is necessary we can add another hidden setting to SVPMgr.ini.
For example, ffdDec_RAW=1/0 (enabled/disabled).

Oh thanks, it will been great, i so long want this setting.

Option ini better than nothing  smile

But the ideal i think, if it's possible, is that svp when launched always enables ffdshow raw (if launched it means we want to watch movie with smooth motion big_smile) and when exiting svp it restores previous state of ffdshow raw, that is, if ffdshow was already enabled live it enabled but if it was disabled disable it  wink

5 (edited by BipBip 25-06-2011 21:09:57)

I saw the new options for ffdshow raw in the ini file (explanation in russian  hmm ), I tried it and I was able to disable the enabling of raw by SVP, but couldn't find a way that SVP enables it when launched and disabled it when exiting or leave it in the state it was.

I see that there are too options for raw, I tried to mix it but couldn't not do what I wanted. Is it possible?

BipBip wrote:

couldn't find a way that SVP enables it when launched and disabled it when exiting or leave it in the state it was

You are right. I forgot to make restore of this setting. sad
Thank you for bug-report. We will fix it next bug-fix release.

Translation of some ffdshow settings:

;low priority check ffdshow Video Decoder (1-on/0-off)
ffddec = 0

;low priority check ffdshow raw video filter (1-on/0-off)
ffdraw = 0

;Forced ON RAW format support for ffdShow Video Decoder (1-on/0-off)
forceRAWinDecoder = 1

Next release we will translate all of them. wink

Thx smile