Topic: Hardware not good enough?

So I just used SVP to watch Monsters U on bluray. It was the first bluray movie that I have actually got working right with AnyDVD HD and MPC and that the 60fps was beneficial. I tried to watch Iron Man 3 with SVP but my processor was at 100% load and didn't play smoothly at all. I feel like my PCs hardware should be up to scratch. Spec here (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1MEFw).

My processor is OC'ed to 4.4Ghz from it's stock 3.4Ghz.

So my first question is should my PC be able to play 1080 blurays, and if so what may have caused the issue?

Second question is the movie played with french visuals in MPC (audio was in English), there didn't seem to be a way to change this. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get around that?

Re: Hardware not good enough?

JT!
First. You can manually to select another (4g or 3g) profile set in SVP menu: profiles - reset to defaults.
Second. You can view CPU load on bluray playback without SVP. It must be not very high.

3 (edited by JT! 02-11-2013 17:03:39)

When I was watching iron man 3 a week ago my cpu load was 98-100% according to other sources outside of svp.

Restoring to defaults suggested I pick 5g.

Did 5g solve your problem?

I'm not sure, other blurays have been fine before, it was just that one. I'll try with my next bluray from netflix.

I have another question, on a 60htz tv, is it worth going above 60fps? Like setting svp to multiply the original frame rate by 4? Right now I'm watching a youtube vid originally 25fps and at 4x brings it to 100fps. Can't really tell the difference between 60fps to 100fps. Is it going to be smoother or am I just looking at more artifacts?

You can see only 60 frames in one second on your TV. If you create more than 60 in the second then you need to decimate or combine other frames somehow. If you will decimate then your work is to no purpose. So you need to combine some how all calculated frames to get new 60 frames for your TV. For example you can mix them to get blurry output like motion blur effect.

I can help you with script but it will be not smooth video, not mainstream to SVP. It will be experimental video. For individual use.

Please tell me what exactly blurry smoothness your want to try? 25x4=100 -mixto-> 60?

Nah that's ok, was just curious. Default settings are doing me fine.  smile

Bumping this because I'm having the same issue again, smoothing 1080p puts my processor at full load and stuttering starts to happen. I tried to goto profiles and reset to defaults but that option doesn't seem to be there anymore?