1 (edited by toaster511 31-10-2013 09:02:32)

Topic: Two problems

Hi,

I have recently started having more and more problems.

To describe it best I will post 2 links here.

The first problem is I get something like ghosting (but probably not) - it's moving parts of the picture almost all the time on some videos (normal bitrate).
Strangely this only happens when GPU (OpenCL) is enabled. Unfortunately I can't watch some videos without it because it lags pretty much and audio is out of sync / stops.
Video: http://youtu.be/jdMfeLaalu4

The second problem is I get some of my videos automatically separated by 2 on the screen (I can't explain this to myself)
Video: http://youtu.be/950IbPzq6A0

Now, my configuration is:
i7-2600k
GTX 560 Ti (3096 MB)
16 GB RAM

Using latest drivers from NVidia (331.65)
I've noticed the first problem started to happen after 326.x drivers.
The second one I'm not sure.

Using latest version K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 10.1.0

I run on Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)

My SVP settings are attached below. I've changed to lowest quality possible and I still get the same.
http://i.imgur.com/JWC3c0K.png

P.S. Sometimes I get audio problems only, playing on the right speaker only.

Hope you can let me know what's wrong. I've tried to search in google without success.

Thanks

Re: Two problems

First problem is not ideal smoothness. It is jerkyness. Maybe it is because you are using not madVR renderer. Please run tearing test from SVP menu. Orange line must move smooth without any jump.
Second problem is stereo mode auto detection. You can change stereo mode manually in SVP menu. To fix detection algorithm I need to know file name and frame size of problem video.

3 (edited by toaster511 31-10-2013 15:50:12)

Hi,

Does filename have importance for stereo mode?
By default, now is enabled Plain 2D. What sould I set to?
I changed to whatever possibly I could without success.

Here are few examples for stereo mode detection:

Filename is: Chris Brown - Love More (Explicit).flv
23.976 fps

Filename: Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home.flv
23.976 fps

Filename: Ellie Goulding - Burn.flv
25.000 fps

Filename: Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself).flv
23.976 fps

I ran tearing test. The first file I linked to have the orange line moving like crazy. I have the same file in 720p - same story.
After that I ran it on 1080p 5 mb/s bitrate file - no problems at all. It's weird that it makes problems only on random videos.

I added madVR alone with prefer option and without ffdshow - it didn't work, so I added ffdshow back with madVR (both with prefer option). No tray icon or anything but the video goes so smooth without any glitch!
That's awesome!

Thanks for the support!

toaster511
Does filename have importance for stereo mode?
Yes. It can contain stereo tag for about stereo pair orientation: HalfOU, HalfSBS.
Your videofile names are not contain this. So, problem not because of file names.

By default, now is enabled Plain 2D. What sould I set to?
I changed to whatever possibly I could without success.

It work on open video only. And value are autodetected at each video open. So your manual selection are reset at each video open.

Stereo mode autodetection looks at frame size (NOT framerate) smile
If width/height ratio more than 21:9 then it decide it is Side-By-Side stereo movie. I think your problem video has wide aspect ratio more than 21:9.

So, can you tell me frame size of problem video divided while playing in two parts (left and right)?

5 (edited by toaster511 21-01-2014 11:27:35)

Hi,
Sorry for late response.
Chris Brown - Love More (Explicit).flv (Display aspect ratio: 2.500, 1920x768)
Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home.flv (Display aspect ratio: 2.40:1, 1920x768)
Ellie Goulding - Burn.flv (Display aspect ratio: 2.40:1, 1920x784)
Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself).flv (Display aspect ratio: 2.553, 1920x752)

I guess the aspect ratio is the problem.

Also, does madVR degrade the picture quality, even a bit?
I guess its like EVR?
And what is the difference between ffdshow raw and normal? I tend to use the raw one only.

I see. Thank you.
Now I can fix this issue to make SVP automatically play this video in 2D with such aspect ratio.