Re: Youtube app won't allow 1080.

So, any solution? or update?

not so fast

I'm guessing the devs know about it by now so we just play the waiting game.  smile

Here's the issue: Youtube splits 1080p clips.
If someone wants to download 1080p he needs to download two separate streams, one for video and one for audio.
I can easily add "new" 1080p video-only plus audio-only streams to SVPtube but I've no idea right now how to play both streams in video player at the same time  hmm

Try SVPtube 1.1.0 with MPC-HC wink

Only does 10 second video's on 1080p sad

sausje
try latest "night" build of MPC-HC - http://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

Yep that seems to work, thanks smile

I now have the problem that SVP ain't working, i installed the new one in the same folder (took 32bit one, because 64bit didn't work with madvr and had different exe), and have madvr render.. I tried restarting the program but it's not working neutral

MPC-HC 1.7 has LAV built-in so you probably need to re-check / adjust filters (ffdshow raw) and LAV settings (set decoder to dxva copy-back) manually

36 (edited by sausje 03-12-2013 14:32:37)

It seems that i'm not that good with MPC settings, i did manage to switch the decoder to dxva copy-back at the "Internal LAV Filter Settings", but i can't find anything other than that, nor does the change make it work again. sad

what exactly "ain working"? ffdshow filter not loading or what?

38 (edited by sausje 03-12-2013 14:40:45)

The external one isn't loading at all, it keeps using the internal one that SVP doesn't recognize and thus doesn't work with them, even tried re-installing the external ones.

(sorry for Dutch language, couldn't change it.)

http://i.imgur.com/C2xRYVc.png

http://i.imgur.com/b0EC4HR.png

Other issue i have with the new player and SVP is that some video's stop sound after ~10min, some video's stop at random times with image but they keep having sound etc..
Seems that it's not correctly buffering/loading those streams.

I've all of "source" and "transform" filters checked on the "Internal filters" tab and only one "ffdshow raw" checked in "External filters" and it's all working as expected / as usual.
Check properties of "ffdshow raw" - it should be set to "Raw video" = "all supported" on the "Codecs" page.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2923&download=0

Post's attachments

filters.png, 9.19 kb, 520 x 163
filters.png 9.19 kb, 425 downloads since 2013-12-03 

40 (edited by sausje 03-12-2013 19:54:40)

I have exactly those options, only for me in the menu you are showing the "ffdshow raw video filter" still doesn't bother to show up..

So after some trying, i thought that "what if i just removed MPC their added LAV filter files?", and so i did (removed the folder named "LAVfilters" from the directory that has the .exe).
With that it was forced to use the external ones and the smoothing did work.

But now it's back to only having 10 sec video's on 1080p..

So after that i just renamed the LAVVideo.ax to LAVVideo.ax.bak (from the folder with internal LAV filter), and now it uses the internal one for sound and external for video processing, that seems to work for now.

It's not perfect, but at least it's working now.

Now for the video/audio that cuts off after some time, i presume that there is still something not 100% with the method the video gets grabbed?
Seems to me like it doesn't buffer properly enough.

For example, this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af2qXg-tHo freezes the video at 13:37 and only sound continues to play, on 720p this is not an issue.

41 (edited by JT! 14-12-2013 08:33:39)

So... one problem, solved 3 problems created. In 1080 * mode, there is no sound, and the file only plays to 8 mins when it should be 26 mins ish. Also, now the newer version of MPC does not work with SVP (just says waiting for ffdshow video). I'm going to try resarting and then downloading one of the nightly builds of mpc.

EDIT all problems still persist. Any ideas?

EDIT II I read more and I also don't have ffdshow like you do on the screen capture. I might just follow his steps and see what happens.

42 (edited by JT! 14-12-2013 10:20:18)

EDIT III. Still no smoothing what so ever, on any format. All the problems still remain.
EDIT IV. Downloaded the ffdshow video filter. Added it, but now whenever i play anything on MPC it crashes when SVP is open. Runs fine when I close SVP. SVP attemps to smooth video then crashes.  sad