Topic: Best SVP settings

Hi.

At first I want to thank SVP developers for making an opportunity for everyone to almost feel the movies smile I've tried every frame interpolation methods for pc(like in powerdvd and other software) and they are not even close to SVP possibilities. Thanks.

I'm using SVP more than half a year. First I had some problems with codecs and players, but after a few days of trying i worked them out. I used some guides and suggestions from this and other forums. Well, I managed that, but when i got it to work i've got another problem: configuration of SVP itself... Few days more and I did it, worked great, but not perfect.
Because of some harware problems my computer started to overheating. In games it was around 60C for cpu and 80+C for gpu, for movies around 60C both, so whole cooling system was noisy and stuff... In past months I managed that too...
To the point: Summer came and 30+C in my room, it was bad for hardware so I haven't changed SVP settings then. Now i get max 53C for movies on gpu and cpu both.
What I didn't mention is: my SVP settings allow me to watch movies in „double source frame rate” without overloading the cpu and gpu, I mean gpu is around 0%(I'm not sure) and cpu max 20%, sometimes first core is around 50% when others not more than 10% so it's not constant value.
I'm happy about this, because, what I read on this forum, people have problems with hd movies+SVP on some hardware configurations and they usually have 80% use of cpu... maybe they have much better settings?
Now I'm trying to make my settings to allow me watching movies in 60fps and preety clear picture, no artifacts and stuff(more stuff than artifacts, they weren't really noticable). I've noticed on some movies with parts of variable framerate the „SVP frame multiplier”, or how else you could call it, is also changing, not exactly to make better smothness - it freezes picture for 1/4 seconds and do another weird things, mostly freezing, others are unnoticable (according to freezing), really annoying. So I had to go back to 2xframerate...

My question is: What can I do to make movies look better without using „to screen refresh rate” and without overloading gpu and cpu(I guess it could incrase to 30-40%, max 50% but picture should be awesome)? Specifics:

-Amd phenom II x4 955 ~3,21GHz
-Radeon hd5830 1Gb
-8Gb ram in 3 bricks
-Win7 x64
-No additional cooling systems, only fans
-For movies hdmi output 1920x1080
-All packages from full SVP set are installed(they are from around december 2012, but working great, I dont have time to update and reconfigure them again)
-Sources are: highly compressed 720p&1080p and standard 480p&720p&1080p
-Player I use most: PotPlayer x86, before that was kmplayer and vlc.
-And of course my settings in .jpg as attachments, same for every file format and resolution(I thought it was the best I could do).

Well, any suggestions to make it better or maybe your own SVP settings that not consume so much cpu power?
I remember I was so inside that frame interpolation theme when I applied SVP to my pc, I did really know what I was doing, now I dont have time to search for new informations and stuff so please help me to improve visual quality of a SVP picture. And sorry for my sometimes incorrect english. Thanks.

Post's attachments

1.jpg, 32.42 kb, 348 x 517
1.jpg 32.42 kb, 463 downloads since 2013-09-05 

2.jpg, 104.31 kb, 461 x 866
2.jpg 104.31 kb, 433 downloads since 2013-09-05 

Re: Best SVP settings

Piterrini
it could incrase to 30-40%, max 50% but picture should be awesome
Amd phenom II x4 955

it's a joke, right?  big_smile

Well, in other words in that sentence I meant that 50% is optional only if the picture will be awesome compared to present state. I don't want overheating and slowdowns overall, because I use some other apps and the movies are usually „2 hours break” for me, so more than 50% use of cpu wouldn't be acceptable. I also know that amd x4 is not enough for SVP scripts. I just thought that in around 50% of use I would notice biggest difference, near "awesome"  smile .
Anyway: could you advice me which sliders should I move to notice the difference but without making cpu overloaded? I can spend some time on changing these settigs by observing every pixel on the picture and  monitoring cpu use and temperature but If you have some „personal best” settings I would try them, it would save many hours of my time.

I am using SVP in 3.1.3 version, if it makes the difference I will change it to 3.1.5.

Btw. I'm still under impression that many fullhd tv's with only one core can „render” picture in hundreds of Khz. I know the difference between pc and tv, but you can't say that it is impossible to make 5 new frames for every 2 in source(2,5x) by amdx4 and radeon5800+ in decent quality.
I also see the difference between SVP and tv's scripts: SVP is better in many ways(better quality, more options...) and I really appreciate it, I hope that you will help me with my „problem”(quick suggestions maybe?) and even if now the picture is more than tolerable it would get slightly better.

my best shot is to reset settings to predefined profiles sets (1g -> 2g -> 3g) one by one

on the other hand you could just buy any suitable cooler

phenom 2 X4 isn't a heat monster, I personally have X6 @3.5 GHz with a passive cooling
what's the point in buying 4-and-more-cores CPU if you can use it only at 20%? the hardware should work

Thanks, I'll try that after updating SVP, ffd, mad...
Now I'm making better air flow through pc, if temperatures will be better, maybe some cpu oc 3,2 -> 3,6 will help, well, I did that years ago but there wasn't much performance improvement... Than I could use better quality settings.