Topic: Output FPS converted video

Hey Guys,

Just got back from a ski trip with a heap of Go Pro footage that I realised I have recorded at 4k instead of a lower resoluation which means it is all at 12fps instead of 30fps. Using SVP I am able to view all off these at pretty close to what it should have looked like if I hadn't been dumb and checked my Go Pro settings before recording but I need to be able to permanently convert these so that I can use the footage for editing and also simply giving my friends a copy.

I've tried following the guide here: http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

But I keep getting errors in the final steps and frankly it's a bit frustrating at the moment. I've actually managed to export the configuration I use in SVP (which only makes it 30fps) and added the code into the script of MeGUI but I am still stuck when trying to actually covert the video at step 10 of the guide above.

I'll post up some pics of the error messages later on tonight if people are willing to help troubleshoot but for now was just wondering if anyone has found a more straight forward way of getting the same exported result?

Cheers,

Craig

Re: Output FPS converted video

Gagzila
Also you can use GDSMux or MeGUI

Attention! Links lead to pages in Russian but there are a lot of pictures to understand

Hi Mag79,

Thanks but MeGUI is the main program used in the guide I linked to that I am having issues with and the GDSMux page you've linked is all in Russian LOL. I've actually installed Adobe After Affects to try the below but would still appreciate help with the MeGUI guide in case AAE is no good...

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/202/889172

to start you'll drop the 12fps footage into a 12fps comp. in this case you'll want to make the comp 2x as long as the footage. then apply timewarp and set the speed to 50% (this of course slows it down, but you'll speed it up later). this will generate new frames as it stretches out the duration of the clip.

you'll also need to extend the outpoint of the footage layer. to do that, enable time remapping for the footage layer (layer>time>time remapping) and drag the outpoint of the layer out (don't modify the keyframes for time remapping, just the outpoint).

at this point you'll want to start looking at the interpolated frames and making tweaks to setting in the timewarp effect... in particular the settings for vector detail, filtering and error threshold. for descriptions of the controls see this page:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffect … 1FB2a.html

after that, you can take that comp into a new 24fps comp that is the duration of the original footage and set time stretch to 50% so the 12fps, slow-mo comp should now be 24fps, realtime speed.

Cheers,

Craig

Gagzila
I think showing error message text could be helpful wink

Hi Chainik,

Was at work before, will recreate the errors now and post up some screenshots of them. Was just hoping someone would have something else I could use that is more straight forward and I wouldn't have to use MeGUI.

Cheers,

Craig

if you have 4k resolution input then it may be out-of-memory error
you can try to patch x264.exe with "4GB patch" from SVP distro

Just removed everything and reinstalling as per the guide now as had CineForm Studio and SVP along with everything for the guide installed and some things seemed to be conflicting. Will be a little bit before its ready to try again.

I can use CineForm to quickly covert the video files to a smaller resolution if you think in the end that is what is causing the problem.

Be back soon.

Cheers,

Craig

Ok, all set to go. Just got to step 10 again, after clicking save which loads it to be encoded, the main MeGUI window greys out and it just sits there and if I click in it, I get a "This program has stopped working" message after which it promptly closes. The step before loads the video fine in the preview window which I just close and then click save as the guide says to.

Any ideas?

Furthermore, just tried "Preview AVS Script" in the script creator before click save and get an "Out of memory" error so maybe it is as you say. Should I be setting the "Setmemorymax(512)" to a higher amount in the script though, since I do have 16gb of ram but the guide mentions nothing of changing this value to suit my system?

Think I may have figured it out...at least got it working now - when I previewed the script and pressed play, it said something about some option called "Improved AVS opening" that it doesn't like and has disabled it. After this happens it then allows me to save the script, queue it and start the job. I've now disabled that option in the main window, will see what I get once the job finishes.