Topic: No OpenCL

Hi,

I think this is brilliant work coming up with this software as the 24fps blu-ray issue has been driving me crazy (I have just built a new home and I have a 133 inch projector screen so all juddering shows up!!)

I have installed the software today and whilst there is some improvement, there is still a fair bit of judder in panning scenes.  I do however have an issue I believe which is causing it -> when I run the "SVP Mark" application, it advises that "no OpenCL compatible advice was found".  Is this required for strong performance?  Is there some way I can have SVP find this device (I am assuming it is referring to a video card?).

FYI, I am running an AMD Quad Core Athlon II at 3.1GHz and have an ASUS EAH5750 ATI graphics card carrying 1GB of GDDR5 ram.  I am also running windows 7 64 bit (when I tried the SVP in windows XP my computer crashed on opening the media player classic).

Any help is very much appreciated as I really want to be able to achieve nice smooth quality blu-ray to play on my projector.

Kindest Regards,
Simon

Re: No OpenCL

milkycow wrote:

I think this is brilliant work coming up with this software

Thanks wink

ASUS EAH5750 ATI graphics

You have to install AMD Catalyst Suite >= 10.12 (full version with OpenCL driver) in order to use GPU for acceleration.

Re: No OpenCL

Thanks again Chainik.  Got GPU working with AMD Catalyst 11.5 and I think there is a definite improvement over CPU acceleration.

Very well done on creating this once again!

Simon