Topic: Finally solved the dvd-playback problem

This should be on FAQ. Just uncheck the "dvd-decoding" option in ffdshow-menu, when choosing decoder for mpeg2 in decoder options. I think ffdshow gets confused with MPC if the dvd-decoding is turned on or something like that.

Re: Finally solved the dvd-playback problem

redlid wrote:

This should be on FAQ. Just uncheck the "dvd-decoding" option in ffdshow-menu, when choosing decoder for mpeg2 in decoder options. I think ffdshow gets confused with MPC if the dvd-decoding is turned on or something like that.

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't help those of us who are using the LAV decoder. Single-frame menus are still a problem when using SVP. Mag promised to improve things in a future release, but I think it involved more coding than he was expecting.

jkauff
Yes. Thank you for reminding. smile
One-frame DVD menu is hard thing for me. I tried several times, but I could not fixed it a once.
I will be try again. I had a good rest for that wink

Regarding DVD Menus. I know its very difficult to get interpolation to behave correctly in these scenarios. My issue is that some DVD menus, I think maybe 30% of the time when using mpc-hc / lav / madVR / SVP, the player will hang when moving the mouse over some items in the menus.

With SVP disabled the hangs never happen. Wondering can anyone reproduce these hangs?

mark007
They are not hangs. Menu is still working if you click it to hot areas. It just don't painting.