Topic: SVP and 50/60 frame sources

Hello,

I have some source material with 50 and 60 frames. SVP identifies them as 25/30 frames and than calculates the multiples. Is there a way to force SVP to work with the 50 and 60 frames  -resulting in super smooth 100/120 frames by doubling?

Thanks

noos

Re: SVP and 50/60 frame sources

these high framerate videos are always a problem.. I dont know yet an useful way to handle them,

You can use selectevery to remove frames and get a 30fps source to do the interpolation later.

I wonder if there is a solution planned in future SVP versions for these videos

SVP work with 50 fps and 60 fps very well for me. It detects right meaning of framerate.

noos
SVP identifies them as 25/30 frames
Give me a link to such video please.

travolter
these high framerate videos are always a problem..
What you are talking about?

Yes. It is the main task of SVP. If we have some problems with high framerate video then I need a sample to fix SVP.

4 (edited by travolter 25-03-2013 07:41:46)

MAG79 wrote:

SVP work with 50 fps and 60 fps very well for me. It detects right meaning of framerate.

travolter
these high framerate videos are always a problem..
What you are talking about?

Yes. It is the main task of SVP. If we have some problems with high framerate video then I need a sample to fix SVP.

Hi Mag wink

Sorry for not explain the  word "problem" correctly. SVP is working OK.

These videos are a problem in terms of CPU usage. Im testing with 50 and 60 sources and they run as smooth as 24/25/30 sources.. but I need to resize down the sources about a 20% more to handle them correctly.

I countinue searching the best way to convert the source video to 25/30.. with selectevery.. or using assumefps, convertfps, etc. to avoid resize these huge videos.
What do you recommend?

travolter
If video already has 50 fps (or 60 fps - Excellent!) then why you don't use playing it at refreshrate = framerate?

selectevery.. or using assumefps, convertfps
It is wrong way. You will kill half of information about movements.

MAG79 wrote:

travolter
If video already has 50 fps (or 60 fps - Excellent!) then why you don't use playing it at refreshrate = framerate?

selectevery.. or using assumefps, convertfps
It is wrong way. You will kill half of information about movements.

50 is the problem... with 60 I can turn off svp (60hz monitor here)

Anyway You are true.. the info is killed and these selectevery/assumefps/ convertfps dont do the trick.
Its better create a preset for resize these videos with high framerate when I dont have enough CPU

travolter
I don't remember what video adapter do you have.
But my adapter NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti. It can be adjusted manually. I added new mode at 50 Hz. My monitor can show that.
I think you can do it too. View 50 fps video in 50 Hz mode.

problem solved here smile I just added two new presets for ffdshow triggered by 50fps and 60fps videos that do lower resize than default.

My monitor does not support 50hz.. only 60 and 75hz

travolter
My monitor is too, but if I make user defined 50Hz mode then it shows 50 Hz picture correctly wink

What video adapter do you have?

I just added two new presets for ffdshow triggered by 50fps and 60fps videos that do lower resize than default.
I don't understand you. Please explain more detailed.

MAG79 wrote:

travolter
My monitor is too, but if I make user defined 50Hz mode then it shows 50 Hz picture correctly wink

What video adapter do you have?

The cheapest that I could get. Im not a gamer and never imagined that I could use  the videocard for avisynth processing ;/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_7_ … ce_7300_LE

MAG79 wrote:

I just added two new presets for ffdshow triggered by 50fps and 60fps videos that do lower resize than default.
I don't understand you. Please explain more detailed.

I always do ffdshow resize 1920x1080 -> 1280x720 to sve cpu.
When I need extra CPU for high framerate sources, I added new profiles in ffdshow that resize to 800x600 when 50/60fps sources are detected