Topic: SVP crashing immediately

SVP was working fine, until I decided to update my graphic drivers. I now got the newest (Catalyst 13.1) and SVP just crashes immediately after I click the icon on my desktop. I tried reinstalling everything, but it doesn't work. I can get it running if I disable my graphics card in the control panel.

I got Windows 7, core 2 duo e5200 @ 3,6 GHZ, 4 GB ram and an ATI HD 4850. The strange thing is, it used to work.

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks you!!

Re: SVP crashing immediately

Heyman
You can disable GPU-acceleration in SVP in the settings file from windows explorer:
- open %appdata%\SVP 3.1\Settings\settings.ini in notepad
- change svp_libflowgpu value to 0
- close and save
- launch SVP Manager
Then try to reenable GPU-acceleration in SVP tray menu.

If error remain then:
1. Run SVPmark test. It crashes too?
2. What shows GPU-Z about OpenCL?
3. What shows Start - Programs - SVP 3.1.4 - Utilities - CLInfo? Show all report text here.

Thanks. Svp_libflowgpu was already at 0, I tried 1 instead but didn't work either.

SVPmark has the exact same problem. I see it appearing in the task manager, then a second later its out.

GPU-Z shows me "ATI OpenCL driver bug detected, skippping OpenCL detection. Uninstall the AMD Stream SDK / OpenCL driver to re-enable this functionality."

Sounds interesting... This might have something to do with it?

Heyman
Reinstall AMD driver.

Allright, it works now :-)

Apparently the HD 4xxx series got a problem with the 13.1 OpenCL stuff, so I installed 12.6 and then only installed the 13.1 display driver (and use the 12.6 OpenCL version). Now it works fine, thank you very much for your great and fast support!

Heyman
Congratulations!
It is useful information for HD 4xxx users.