Topic: Hangs with PotPlayer

Hello!

I get hangs all the time if I jump back and forth with Potplayer. I tried different decoders (with hardware acceleration, because I need it), splitters, renderer, updated ffdshow to the one packed with SVP, but the hangs remain. (My preferred decoder, splitter is LAV).
The hangs usually happen when I jump a couple times quickly after each other. I'm out of ideas what to do.

Re: Hangs with PotPlayer

avada
Try to encrease pause before smooth start after rewind:
In the SVP tray menu - Turn off on seek - Turn off by 2 sec.

3 (edited by avada 10-03-2013 09:30:22)

MAG79 wrote:

avada
Try to encrease pause before smooth start after rewind:
In the SVP tray menu - Turn off on seek - Turn off by 2 sec.

Thanks for the tip. I had that option turned off completely. Didn't think it would result in hangs. Why is that?

avada
I had that option turned off completely.
Did it help you?

Why is that?
SVP needs in disabling smoothness on seeking to clean frame buffers to prevent frames-from-the-past artifact. Very fast disabling and enabling can lead to player hangs. PotPlayer is not ideal for SVP. Try MPC-HC. You will get no hangs on seeking.

MAG79 wrote:

avada
I had that option turned off completely.
Did it help you?

Why is that?
SVP needs in disabling smoothness on seeking to clean frame buffers to prevent frames-from-the-past artifact. Very fast disabling and enabling can lead to player hangs. PotPlayer is not ideal for SVP. Try MPC-HC. You will get no hangs on seeking.

Enabling it makes hangs a lot less likely even if I use the "quickly" option. Actually I have some frames-from-the-past artifacts regardless.