Re: Best configuration SVP for my system

Michael
Now, with SD movies everything seems ok
It is good! cool

After a few weeks of testing, the gift arrived at these conclusions:

The video card you suggested to buy (Asus nVidia GeForce GT 640), is not powerful enough for use with madVR (with settings at maximum)
To see SD movies (not to have dropped frames and video slowed down), the correct setting maximum that you can put it:
Chroma upscaling Jinc (4 taps)
Image upscaling spline (4 taps)
Image downs aling: Spline (4 taps)

For all HD movies and FHD the only setting that you can get (not to have dropped frames and video slowed down), are:

Chroma upscaling Bilinear
Image upscaling Bilinear
Image downs aling: Bilinear

The GPU load is always very high, from 60/70% for SD movies, 99% for HD movies and FDH.

I would like to be able to use madVR with all settings at maximum, both with movies SD, HD and FHD.
I could sell the card I bought and buy another more powerful. What do you recommend?

Another problem is that you can not use the video card acceleration. If active, the movie is hard to see. I use SVP mode 5C, the entire load is on the processor.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Dopo qualche settimana di prove, dono arrivato a queste conclusioni:

La scheda video che mi hai consigliato di acquistare (Asus nVidia GeForce GT 640), non è abbastanza potente per utilizzarla con madVR  (con settaggi al massimo)
Per vedere filmati SD (per non avere dropped frame e filmati rallentati) ,  il settaggio corretto massimo che si può mettere è:
Chroma upscaling: Jinc  (4 taps)
Image upscaling: Spline (4 taps)
Image downs aling: Spline (4 taps)

Per tutti i filmati HD e FHD gli unici settaggi che si possono mettere (per non avere dropped frame e filmati rallentati), sono:

Chroma upscaling: Bilinear
Image upscaling: Bilinear
Image downs aling: Bilinear

Il carico della GPU è sempre molto alto, dal 60/70% per i filmati SD, al 99% per i filmati HD e FDH.

Vorrei poter usare madVR con tutti i settaggi al massimo, sia con i filmati SD, HD e FHD.
Potrei vendere la scheda che ho comprato e comprarne un'altra più potente. Quale mi consigli?

Un altro problema è che è impossibile utilizzare l'accelerazione della scheda video. Se la attivo, il filmato si vede male. Devo utilizzare SVP in modalità 5C, tutto il carico è sul processore.

Michael
What monitor resolution do you have?

29 (edited by Michael 15-03-2013 22:32:35)

Resolution is 1920x1080 FHD, my TV is Samsung LE40B530P7W  http://www.samsung.com/it/consumer/tv-a … B530P7WXXC

Michael
I did not know what you are so hard man. wink

I checked GPU load when play video with SVP at my TV via HDMI with mode 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz.
My GTX 660 Ti with madVR on default setting FullHD shows GPU load at 20%. And 24% with sharpen complex 2 shader enabled.
720p shows 16% / 17% (without/with sharen complex 2).
GTX 660 Ti has 1344 SPs, GT 640 has 384 SPs. So GT 640 is slower in 1344/384 = 3.5 times. It must be enough for madVR at default settings.

Default settings you can get by launching madVR\restore default settings.bat from SVP folder.

I checked GPU load at your's maniacal madVR settings (Jinc 4 taps / spline 4 taps / spline 4 taps).
FullHD shows 43% / 49 % (without/with sharen complex 2).
720p shows 27% / 30 % (without/with sharen complex 2).

GTX 650 Ti (768 SPs) is minimum for such settings. If you don't want more complicated GPU processing hmm

31 (edited by Michael 16-03-2013 21:30:22)

So it is normal that I get the results I said with my nVidia Geforce GT 640?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
Quindi è normale che ottengo i risultati che ti ho detto  con la mia nVidia Geforce GT 640?

Michael
Yes

What video card I can buy to use madVR maximum and still have power to use the video acceleration of SVP?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
Quale scheda video posso comprare per usare madVR  al massimo e avere ancora potenza per usare l'accellerazione video di SVP?

overclocked ati 7850 is enough (very cheap)

I do not want to overclock, I never did. I prefer a powerful normal form.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
Non voglio overcloccare, non l'ho mai fatto. preferisco una scheda potente normale.

Michael
What video card I can buy
MAG79
GTX 650 Ti (768 SPs) is minimum for such settings

A more powerful in order to use madVR in maximum mode and use SVP with video acceleration turned on and still have power to spare?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
Una più potente per poter usare madVR in modalità massima e usare SVP con l'accellerazione video attivata e avere ancora potenza a disposizione?

Michael
madVR in maximum mode
Tell what you mean when say "maximum mode" and I will can to measure GPU load at my system at these settings.

Image upscaling: Jinc (4 taps)
Image downs aling: Jinc (4 taps)

The taps are what?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
Image upscaling: Jinc (4 taps)
Image downs aling: Jinc (4 taps)

I Taps cosa sonot?

Michael
Jinc / Jinc / Jinc
You are seriously? You want just heavy settings. But heavy settings is not equal to better settings hmm
Better setting are settings by default wink

The taps are what?
It is parameter that controls count of input samples. You may google it. wink

Michael
I googled for you.
1. LanczosResize taps or lobes.
2. Lanczos vs Bicubic comparison: Lobes vs. Taps. The short version.
3. ResampleHQ kernel visualizations. Interactive visualization of various resampling kernels.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2419

Post's attachments

ResamplingKernels.png, 14.3 kb, 510 x 258
ResamplingKernels.png 14.3 kb, 497 downloads since 2013-03-17 

Thanks for the info;)

Unfortunately I still can not giardare a movie in Full HD (1080p) with MadVR. If I use it, the audio and video out of sync and goes a bit in slow motion.

To see the video, I put the default renderer mpchc (system default).

I also noticed that watching a video SD cartoon, any settings you put with MadVR, there is loss of frame (dropped frames).

Grazie per le informazioni wink

Purtroppo non riesco ancora a giardare un filmato in full hd (1080p) con MadVR.  Se lo uso, l'audio e fuori sincro e il video va un poco al rallentatore.

Per vedere il video, devo mettere il renderer predefinito di mpchc (predefinito del sistema).

Ho anche notato che guardando un video SD cartone animato, qualsiasi impostazione metto con MadVR, si verifica la perdita di frame (dropped frame).

Michael
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think on Doom9 madshi said Jinc taps above 3 were not recommended for everyday use, and that Jinc was not his preferred algorithm for downscaling. Have you tried other settings?

%username% wrote:

Michael

b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.
the highest HD4000 is slower than the slowest AMD APU

I've been reading this forum from time to time to get my SVP configured properly and after reading this, I simply HAD to register.

The benchmarks you posted are for 3D rendered video games, which is not an accurate or honest way to compare AMD's APU's with Intel's HD 4000. Why? We're discussing an APU's ability to render/decode/transcode by using it's integrated GPU for the mathematical calculations, typically referred to as Quicksync or a form of iGPU acceleration.

If the video format is the supported H.264, MPEG2, or VC-1... a QuickSync enabled Intel processor will absolutely DESTROY even the fastest AMD graphics card or CPU while Decoding/Transcoding/Encoding. It even beats the heck out of my GTX680!!

And QuickSync hardware decoding is included in the latest FFdshow

here:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/cpu/core-i3-ivy-bridge/charts-gfx/cyberlink.png

Or more here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the- … -review/21

Andrew LB
I have sad news for you: SVP uses OpenCL not QuickSync.
HD3000 not supports OpenCL. HD2500/HD4000 support OpenCL. OpenCL is based on Pixel Shaders units which is not so fast as Quicksync transcoding unit.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2436

Post's attachments

SVPmark_results.png, 11.19 kb, 548 x 471
SVPmark_results.png 11.19 kb, 448 downloads since 2013-03-24 

MAG79
True, but I have the best of both worlds. VirtuMVP software lets me use both the HD4000 QuickSync (for LAV and ffdshow) and my GTX 660 for SVP at the same time. Works great.

jkauff
I have the best of both worlds... Works great.
My congratulations!
Me too. smile My SVPmark results in comparing each other with different GPU devices.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=1877

GTX 660 Ti gives the best performance.

Hello, I am new here smile
I have a problem again. Suddenly two days ago, without my having changed the settings that I have written in previous messages, movies FHD (1080) are all slowed down. The sound feels good, but the video is jerky and slow motion. What can it be?

==============================================================

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Ciao, sono di nuovo qui smile
ho di nuovo un problema. All'improvviso due giorni fa, senza che io abbia modificato le impostazioni che ho scritto nei messaggi precedenti, i filmati FHD (1080) sono tutti rallentati. L'audio si sente bene, ma il video va a scatti e al rallentatore. Cosa può essere?

Michael
I don't know. Try to find what happened. Or reinstall SVP.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything, but I have not solved. The problem is that there are so many dropped frames when I use madVR and spv together. Using only madVR, there are no dropped frames.

Ho provato a disinstallare e a reinstallare tutto, ma non ho risolto. Il problema è che ci sono tanti dropped frame quando uso madvr e spv insieme. Usando solo madvr, non ci sono dropped frame.