Topic: Real Video (.rmvb) don't works with SVP 3.1.4

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
After I tried a few times, I found that after I rebooted my computer and install the Lite package,
with the "Reset to default" checked, SVP didn't crash at start up anymore and worked with some files.

It seemed like I had to reset the user setting, which I ain't used to do, because each time I call a reset,
I have to remove the other 3 profiles and have only 1 left, and edit it to fit my crappy computer.
Perhaps I should try to use the profile selection again....

My question: is the SVP user profile forward-compatible?

Oh the other hand, version 3.1.4 doesn't play Real Video (.rmvb) files.... it doesn't smooth
the Real Video formats, which 3.1.3 does in the same computer. Is the support to the ancient format
dropped?

Another issue is the OSD, it seems to be gone. When I play the file at a different time it normally
display the status in green fonts, but it's now completely gone....

Again, thank you for your kind response!

Re: Real Video (.rmvb) don't works with SVP 3.1.4

wm4
after I rebooted my computer and install the Lite package, with the "Reset to default" checked, SVP didn't crash at start up anymore
Did you use SVPMgr.exe from archive?

each time I call a reset,I have to remove the other 3 profiles and have only 1 left
What are you talking about? Every Profiles Set contain 4 profiles.
What you see in the option "Video profiles" in the SVP tray menu?

is the SVP user profile forward-compatible?
Yes. From SVP 3.0 to SVP 3.1.4.

version 3.1.4 doesn't play Real Video (.rmvb) files
What player do you using? What decoder?

Is the support to the ancient format dropped?
No.

When I play the file at a different time it normally display the status in green fonts, but it's now completely gone
Have you ffdShow icon in the tray while playing?
What color of triangle in the SVP icon: green/yellow?

wm4 wrote:

each time I call a reset,I have to remove the other 3 profiles and have only 1 left
What are you talking about? Every Profiles Set contain 4 profiles.
What you see in the option "Video profiles" in the SVP tray menu?

Yes, there are 4 profiles by default. When I started using SVP 3.0 (a big THANK YOU for the great
application!) it always selected the wrong profile for me; as a result, I developed the habit
of only keeping one profile for all videos - until today when I reset the profile settings.

version 3.1.4 doesn't play Real Video (.rmvb) files
What player do you using? What decoder?

I downloaded the player and the decoders separately.

Player: MPC-HC 1.6.5.6366

Decoder: madVR 0.85.2, ffdshow rev 4499, Real Alternative 2.0.2, AviSynth 2.5.8

When I play the file at a different time it normally display the status in green fonts, but it's now completely gone
Have you ffdShow icon in the tray while playing?
What color of triangle in the SVP icon: green/yellow?

ffdShow icon: Yes.

SVP icon: green. It is actually working, the missing of the OSD messages just make it a bit less comfortable.

Re: Real Video (.rmvb) don't works with SVP 3.1.4

wm4
Real Video (.rmvb) files works now?