Topic: Access violation error

Hi there,

love your tool but the new version (30/12/2012) gives me a instant crash right after starting it (no video opened):

Exception EAccessViolation in module SVPMgr.exe at 00009A26.
Access violation at address 00409A26 in module 'SVPMgr.exe'. Read of address 00000018.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24358204/svp_crash.png

My System:
- AMD Phenom II 920
- Win7x64
- Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti, driver version 310.70

spyro

Re: Access violation error

spyro
Thank you for bug report.

Please put into zip-archive all files and subfolders from %appdata%\SVP 3.1\ folder and attach it here.
The error occurs when SVPMgr trying to read bool value from ini file.
Have you any antivirus installed? Maybe it blocking SVPMgr. Try to disable your antivirus software and reinstall SVP.

Hi,

sorry for my late response. Here's the ZIP-File you needed: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24358204/SVP%203.1.zip (I couldn't find the upload function.)

spyro

spyro
Thank you.

We found the bug. You need to delete %appdata%\SVP 3.1\ folder manually. Then launch SVP. It recreates SVP 3.1 folder with settings and will be work correctly.
We will fix this problem with wrong SVP 3.1 folder rights in next version.

5 (edited by spyro 14-01-2013 22:13:56)

Hi,

sorry, that didn't help (folder ist completely empty now). I'm getting the same error (same adress also).

spyro

spyro
We found that the problem occurs in All users folder c:\ProgramData only (it is hidden folder, you need to type it in windows explorer manually).
To avoid the problem You may:
1. once reinstall SVP and choose "for Local user" instead of "for All Users"
2. once delete SVP 3.1 folder from c:\ProgramData
3. run SVPMgr as Administrator every time
4. Wait for SVP 3.1.4. smile This error with access rights will be fixed there

Select your way. One of Four wink

7 (edited by spyro 15-01-2013 22:45:40)

Thank you, that helped! But I have to start SVP with admin rights now (if not, it will crash again). I guess, I just wait for the new version. Looking forward. smile