Drakko01 wrote:Any tips, scripts, or guidance would be highly appreciated.
Best tip I can give: any of the top models on artificialanalysis.ai, with a $20 subscription, can run tests like this with you. They'd probably reach the same conclusion mine did:
SVP can't run R81 as is. R80 dropped the old plugin API (API 3) and svpflow, which every SVP profile loads, still uses it. R81's big changes are for VapourSynth's own GPU filters, which SVP doesn't use. SVP's plugins do the heavy work themselves, so a faster VapourSynth can gain nothing with svpflow and at most about 1% with RIFE.
I made a small add-on plugin that sits between R81 and SVP's old plugins and translates the old API to the new one, so R81 can run SVP. With it, R81 gives identical frames (to R73 too) and the same speed as R79. R79 is faster than SVP's R73 (svpflow about 6% at 1080p, more at 4K), but the VS-R79 package already has that.
To try it anyway: VS-R81.zip, same steps as VS-R79, just point VSSCRIPT_PATH to C:\VS-R81\Lib\site-packages\vapoursynth\vsscript.dll instead (full steps in the README inside). My tip is to stay on VS-R79 until svpflow gets updated.
You can check it here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … XX-S2JMOXD
Stopped using RIFE some time ago. But I gave R79 a try and I think the only difference I found is that it took mpv a little longer to start up with SVP. But I'm not 100%. sure about that.