26 (edited by Fortune424 01-05-2023 15:30:32)

Re: Adding realEsgran upscalers to SVP?

cemaydnlar wrote:

realEsgran seems to be a bit of a pain so i tried madvr with mpc but the quality is far behind from anime4k. If you guys have a solution to that or at least some setting recommendations that is maybe close to anime4k i would appreciate the effort.

Anime works so well because of the simple lines and lack of motion blur. I don't think anything really exists for film/generic content that produces results as good as Anime4K does for Anime (in real time). You could try NVIDIA's new Video Super Resolution. It's only compatible with MPC right now though as far as I know, and the quality is pretty similar to MadVR with artifact removal, debanding, denoising, etc enabled. https://github.com/emoose/VideoRenderer … ag/rtx-1.1

Fortune424 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

realEsgran seems to be a bit of a pain so i tried madvr with mpc but the quality is far behind from anime4k. If you guys have a solution to that or at least some setting recommendations that is maybe close to anime4k i would appreciate the effort.

Anime works so well because of the simple lines and lack of motion blur. I don't think anything really exists for film/generic content that produces results as good as Anime4K does for Anime (in real time). You could try NVIDIA's new Video Super Resolution. It's only compatible with MPC right now though as far as I know, and the quality is pretty similar to MadVR with artifact removal, debanding, denoising, etc enabled. https://github.com/emoose/VideoRenderer … ag/rtx-1.1

I watch 1080p content on 1080p monitor. Since i do not do upscaling process i am unfortunately unable to use rtx super resolution. Madvr on anime also looks worse than anime4k. Anime 4k has a better denoise, better color enhancement setting. I couldn't find a good color enhancement setting on madvr and denoise settings do not give the clear view experience that anime4k gives.

If there is an enhancement tool that can be used with mpv like anime4k which is for movies instead of animes i would be glad to learn.

28 (edited by AutoClickers 02-05-2023 12:31:04)

cemaydnlar wrote:
Fortune424 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

I watch 1080p content on 1080p monitor. Since i do not do upscaling process i am unfortunately unable to use rtx super resolution. Madvr on anime also looks worse than anime4k. Anime 4k has a better denoise, better color enhancement setting. I couldn't find a good color enhancement setting on madvr and denoise settings do not give the clear view experience that anime4k gives.

If there is an enhancement tool that can be used with mpv like anime4k which is for movies instead of animes i would be glad to learn.

You can try FSRCNNX

here is the link: https://github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlo … es/tag/1.1

https://github.com/stax76/awesome-mpv#shaders

there are a lot of shaders out there.

for general use, I only use AMD FSR, very lightweight and good enough to upscale anything.

I don't know why but i can't activate shaders.

I am pasting glsl file to shaders folder in appdata-mpv. I am writing this line to mpv.conf file in the mpv folder with the executable app glsl-shader="~~/shaders/NVScaler.glsl"

Nothing happens. I click shif-i and press 2. Normally there should be the name of the glsl file but i don't see it. What am i doing wrong ?

31 (edited by Fortune424 03-05-2023 20:09:47)

cemaydnlar wrote:

I am pasting glsl file to shaders folder in appdata-mpv. I am writing this line to mpv.conf file in the mpv folder with the executable app glsl-shader="~~/shaders/NVScaler.glsl"

Nothing happens. I click shif-i and press 2. Normally there should be the name of the glsl file but i don't see it. What am i doing wrong ?

You can try putting the whole path to the file into glsl-shader="~~/shaders/NVScaler.glsl" so it reads glsl-shader="C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\mpv\shaders\shadername.glsl"

You may also want to try copy/pasting the shaders folder and the mpv.conf into your SVP install directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64"

Supposedly the %appdata% one takes precedence, but it can't hurt to manually overwrite whatever is in there as well.

If that fails, are you sure you are using a shader that activates regardless of if scaling is required? You've mentioned you're watching 1080P content on a 1080P screen, so if it works when you play lower res content but not at 1080P then the shader probably only works for scaling.

Fortune424 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

You can try putting the whole path to the file into glsl-shader="~~/shaders/NVScaler.glsl" so it reads glsl-shader="C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\mpv\shaders\shadername.glsl"

You may also want to try copy/pasting the shaders folder and the mpv.conf into your SVP install directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64"

Supposedly the %appdata% one takes precedence, but it can't hurt to manually overwrite whatever is in there as well.

If that fails, are you sure you are using a shader that activates regardless of if scaling is required? You've mentioned you're watching 1080P content on a 1080P screen, so if it works when you play lower res content but not at 1080P then the shader probably only works for scaling.

It works when i open a 720p movie. What i need is an enhancement shader that also works with 1080p content on 1080p monitor. I will use madvr till i find one that works great.

Chainik wrote:

not sure running two models simultaneously is a good idea

Instead if being unsure, why not test it or even implement it and let the user decide?
There are GPUs around that are bored just from doing RIFE. Why not give them the chance to also do animejanai?

I recently caught myself not using SVP4 Pro as I had to decide between animejanai and RIFE. That was quite a sad moment.

A bit off topic, but maybe related; I run different AI Models simultaneously quite often. Like Stable Diffusion and KoboldAI.