Re: SVP Tube and Crunchyroll

For me everything is working as long as I'm using old website...Beta website has authentication issues with cookies and getting the stream, at least for me. I wonder if it's only me, or it happen to more people.

Ok, now Beta website is worldwide mandatory, and also new SVPTube is throwing a JSON 405 error, does anyone has any kind of luck with this new website site and SVP?

I followed the old thread about yt-dlp (2022.08.14) crunchyroll.py extractor, but they were stuck in Authentication process, and used Anonymous authenticaction, which is not nice for premium content.

Is now the time of giving up about Crunchyroll + SVP combo?

Thanks.

it is now the time to wait for yt-dlp update to fix crunchyroll for 1001st time

Ok, I think that's the issue they are handling there:

https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/5261

Hope they solve it with proper auth, because with Beta site, only anonymous auth was working...

Thanks.

more like this is the one: https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/5292

I think that github issue (https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/5292) , and this one (https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/pull/5294) will have the answer.

I'll try the changes on #5294 on my test device, but I need to check current Python version, as the new cipher suite required for login it seems it's better implemented in 3.10 (with TLS 1.2 and not the old SSL).

But I prefer to wait to stable updates for the productive unit, let's hope they merge it soon.

Thanks.

I tried changes proposed on #5294, and now I can open mpv, drag Beta (not beta anymore) Crunchyroll URL and drop it into mpv window, and the playback starts.

I'm using yt-dlp in 3.10 Python, which allows to get proper Crunchyroll stream, subs, and so on. But now my issue is SVP is not kicking in, always said "No active playback", except in a very few shows (i. e. Chainsaw Man Ep 01, Ep 02 is not working).

Is there a way to force SVP every time mpv is used?

Thanks.

must always work... check the log.

---
yt-dlp changes are commited several hours ago, so there will be a release soon enough, hopefully

I have something like this in my logs:

11:56:13.811 [W]: VideoPlayer: media file doesn't look like video, ignoring...

I'll wait for the release then. In Crunchyroll streaming, I can have SVP4 (120fps) or Anime4k shaders, but not both (first works fine with MPC-HC, second with vanilla mpv).

Thank you.

if i copy youtube links the player pops up for svptube however copying any video from cruncyroll nothing pops up not even an error. Can someone help plz sad

drg wrote:

if i copy youtube links the player pops up for svptube however copying any video from cruncyroll nothing pops up not even an error. Can someone help plz sad

Same for me, but good news is the backend software which provide that functionality is being upgraded to work with new Crunchyroll (not beta anymore) site.

I tried to move the new extractor.py and crunchyroll.py, which actually work for plain yt-dlp, to SVPTube, with no luck. And plain yt-dlp can load properly new Crunchyroll website, and open mpv, but SVP engine does not recognize the video stream which is displayed in the mpv player, so it doesn't kick in. Hence, no 120 fps interpolation.

I feel things are closer to get working all together, but more time is needed.

I've just tested new SVP version, with new yt-dlp update, and Cruncyroll (no longer Beta) is working perfect (capture link with clipboard, authentication with cookies, and MPV playback).

Thank you very much for the quick update! (The yt-dlp new release was 8h ago)

Does anybody knows why it takes so long to playback any anime or even downdload it? it's been an hour and it has only been able to download 30%.  I can play it normal on the web page