1,476 (edited by flowreen91 14-04-2024 14:51:00)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

aloola wrote:

also for mpv I found this is a good shader for anime/real-life videos https://github.com/cunnyplapper/CuNNy/t … r/mpv/fp16

Aloola I tried the CuNNy-8x32-DS.glsl from your suggested link but i still see lots of blur compared to this one:
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 264#p84264
Do you know a CuNNy shaders combo that might improve visual clarity too? (i hate seeing blurred pixels in games and videos)
Thanks!

1,477 (edited by dawkinscm 14-04-2024 15:27:56)

aloola wrote:

mpc-BE + mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) + SVP RIFE give you the best experience and easy to config.

also for mpv I found this is a good shader for anime/real-life videos https://github.com/cunnyplapper/CuNNy/t … r/mpv/fp16

Thanks for the link. In general I tend to downscale to FHD rather than upscale because there is zero advantage to upscaling my own sources. But this could be useful for poor quality acquired stuff so I will give it a go. Also I don't use a PC for 4K HDR.

dawkinscm wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Today I tried MPC+MadVR with a simpler config and it still couldn't handle my full resolution rips using Rife. However saying all that I'm also happy running my files reduced to FHD since it uses around 40% less GPU with Rife v4.15v2.

I've been using RIFE since it became available and I never thought it could improve this much. BTW which is the full resolution of your rips and wich resolution its your display

1920x2160.

It's a odd resolution to use and also a odd screen resolution. Can you explain the reason for choosing that resolution in your rips?

1,479 (edited by Drakko01 14-04-2024 16:17:52)

aloola wrote:

mpc-BE + mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) + SVP RIFE give you the best experience and easy to config.

If I use mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) with MPC-HC or MPC-BE I don't get the best experience, the quality is very good, but I have a kind of stutter in slow camera movements or certain close ups,  no in panning movements. This is not present when I use Madvr. Maybe i got some settings wrong in MpcVR dunno.
BTW I always talking of Realtime Playback just for clarify.

1,480 (edited by dawkinscm 14-04-2024 16:46:35)

aloola wrote:

I just tried CuNNY and 4x32 is the best option matching FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4. But CuNNy 4x32 is similar to nnedi32 in that it's heavier on GPU, especially when using SVP.

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

I've been using RIFE since it became available and I never thought it could improve this much. BTW which is the full resolution of your rips and wich resolution its your display

1920x2160.

It's a odd resolution to use and also a odd screen resolution. Can you explain the reason for choosing that resolution in your rips?

I didn't choose it. This is the standard resolution for 3D blu-ray.

1,481 (edited by RickyAstle98 14-04-2024 16:45:22)

Anybody has mpv shader like Intel denoiser (which makes all videos looks pretty without quality loss)?

1,482 (edited by dawkinscm 14-04-2024 16:48:49)

RickyAstle98 wrote:

Anybody has mpv shader like Intel denoiser (which makes all videos looks pretty without quality loss)?

I wouldn't recommend ever using a denoiser unless you have poor quality sources. You say "without quality loss" but with any denoiser there is always a risk of losing high frequency detail.

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend ever using a denoiser unless you have poor quality sources. You say "without quality loss" but with any denoiser there is always a risk of losing high frequency detail.

This type of denoisers is without quality loss...

RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Which one is it? The Open Intel Denoiser?

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Yes, propably, I need denoiser for 720p sources, I dont prefer adjust sharpness level while watching 24>168 4.15v2lite!

1,486 (edited by dawkinscm 15-04-2024 13:55:02)

RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Yes, propably, I need denoiser for 720p sources, I dont prefer adjust sharpness level while watching 24>168 4.15v2lite!

*deleted*

dawkinscm wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

1920x2160.

I didn't choose it. This is the standard resolution for 3D blu-ray.

Oh, sure! I completely forgot about 3D movies, I haven't played one in years. I played them at the beginning of SVP on a 55-inch LG8500 and seeing 3D avatar at 60 fps was a true experience. Even with the artifacts of that time.

RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

BTW Apologies but I just did a Google search and the OID is the name that kept on coming up.  I didn't know that it was for images only until after you said yes and I investigated a bit more. So I am really interested in finding out the actual name of this Intel denoiser.

Drakko01 wrote:

If I use mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) with MPC-HC or MPC-BE I don't get the best experience, the quality is very good, but I have a kind of stutter in slow camera movements or certain close ups,  no in panning movements. This is not present when I use Madvr. Maybe i got some settings wrong in MpcVR dunno.

I think the lack of G-sync/freesync support causing this.
try the options video -> frame synch -> "Sync video to display" in MPC, it may fix the problem

aloola wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

I think the lack of G-sync/freesync support causing this.
try the options video -> frame synch -> "Sync video to display" in MPC, it may fix the problem

Thanks for your recommendation, it makes some scenes a little better, but I still see some stuttering that is not present when using RIFe+MPCHC+MAdvr.

1,491 (edited by Ironclad 21-04-2024 16:28:05)

It's been almost a year since DML via ort support was added to vsmlrt. It would be great if SVP added support for it as an engine option. Huge improvement over ncnn for Radeon and Arc.

> Huge improvement over ncnn for Radeon and Arc.

any benchmarks?

1,493 (edited by Blackfyre 22-04-2024 02:31:52)

Deleting old comment, fixed the issue.

Blackfyre wrote:

Deleting old comment, fixed the issue.

I tried the vs-mlrt you mentioned (the one from 2 days ago) and the only problem was not taking models from the v2 folders

instead build from the models/rife folder

I honestly dont remenber what I changed in the old vs-mlrt. Because I run into this problem before

1,495 (edited by Blackfyre 25-04-2024 20:50:39)

Drakko01 wrote:

I honestly dont remenber what I changed in the old vs-mlrt. Because I run into this problem before

All I done was disable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Restarted the PC, and it built after.

Didn't help though, none of 4.15 versions or 4.16 work at 4K without dropped frames on my RTX 3090

EDIT: This was a 'me issue', performance fixed.

Blackfyre wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

All I done was disable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Restarted the PC, and it built after.

Didn't help though, none of 4.15 versions or 4.16 work at 4K without dropped frames on my RTX 3090

Something is wrong, because 4.16 lite working at 4K with my RTX 4070 without dropped frames
But 4.15v2 (nonlite) is very strong, I down 2160p to 1800p - works!

RickyAstle98 wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

Something is wrong, because 4.16 lite working at 4K with my RTX 4070 without dropped frames

Bro, you can easily get 4K RIFE: use 4.4 to double your fps and sync to 48Hz refresh (for 24fps source). Honestly, it looks butter smooth. I would be hard-pressed to notice this vs 60/120. The magic is ensuring the output FPS matches your refresh.

1,498 (edited by RickyAstle98 25-04-2024 10:34:47)

RAGEdemon wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Bro, you can easily get 4K RIFE: use 4.4 to double your fps and sync to 48Hz refresh (for 24fps source). Honestly, it looks butter smooth. I would be hard-pressed to notice this vs 60/120. The magic is ensuring the output FPS matches your refresh.

I know about my 4070 capabilities, but in 4.4 too much artefacts (not critical but noticeable), secondly I dont need sync anything, GSync matches movies automatically! No magic at all!
My standard solutions for movies >
1) 4.4v2 1280x720 24>144
2) 4.9v2 1280x720 24>144
3) 4.15v2l 1280x720 24>144

1,499 (edited by dawkinscm 26-04-2024 12:11:00)

Done some more testing and I've learned or at least confirmed a few things. Not sure I see any real benefits with Tensor 9 and Tensor 10 seems to be moving further away from us. So I'm sticking with the last non LLM Tensor 8.6.1 along with the latest vslmrt to have the most up to date build defaults. Using BO=5 but I see no obvious difference to the default. 72fps seems to be the sweet spot for me which might be because the thrown away frames reduces the effect of certain fast movement artefacts. There's more but that about summarises it.

I noticed that setting the scene change threshold (rife_sc) to 100% is a very bad idea. And for some reason I noticed this specifically in The Last of Us)) At the change of scenes from dynamic to dynamic, it happens, I don’t even know what to call it, back and forth for a moment. This happens at any high values. I set it to 20%, everything was fine, but in a VERY dynamic scene I caught a freeze. I consider 25% optimal so far, smooth and the scene changes are almost adequate. What percentage do you bet on yourself? Do all models behave the same during scene changes? Has anyone tested models not based on artifacts, but specifically on scene changes?
I use MPC-BE+mpcVR+trt 4.15liteV2
The quality is almost always 4K with downscale to 1440P. x4