26 (edited by UHD 20-11-2019 20:40:44)

Re: haloing issue

MAG79 wrote:

Rules to remove artifacts:
1. You need to see maximum frames as possible. So, you need to see all source frames. It is possible only with integer multiplier. x2, x3 and so on.
2. You need to see calculated frames with minimum artifacts. It is possible if calculated frames are close to source frames. Best choice is x3 multiplier. You will see one original frame and two calculated with delta 1/3 of interframe time.
3. This rule is individual but I like block artifacts with maximum smoothness:
frame interpolation: uniform
SVP shader: 10. by blocks
artifacts masking: disabled
motion vectors precision: one pixel (or half pixel)
motion vectors grid: 14 px
decrese grid step: disabled
search radius: small and fast (or small)
wide search: disabled
width of coarse top level: small
processing of scene changes: blend adjacent frames

Great post. Thank you!
I am going to have x5 multiplier in my next HTPC.

MAG79 wrote:

1. You need to see maximum frames as possible. So, you need to see all source frames. It is possible only with integer multiplier. x2, x3 and so on.
2. You need to see calculated frames with minimum artifacts. It is possible if calculated frames are close to source frames. Best choice is x3 multiplier. You will see one original frame and two calculated with delta 1/3 of interframe time.

I am curious can you please to watch alita battle angel 1080p sparks version. Specificly that ball game scene and tell me if you get artifacts around people while they are moving. I really want to understand if the problem is because of my specs.

cemaydnlar wrote:
MAG79 wrote:

I am curious can you please to watch alita battle angel 1080p sparks version. Specificly that ball game scene and tell me if you get artifacts around people while they are moving. I really want to understand if the problem is because of my specs.

post timecodes for bdrip

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:
MAG79 wrote:

post timecodes for bdrip

How do i do that ?

cemaydnlar
> alita battle angel 1080p sparks version
I put it into my downloads. Will closer look soon.

dlr5668 asks about exact time of scene when you "get artifacts around people"

31 (edited by cemaydnlar 23-11-2019 21:09:38)

MAG79 wrote:

cemaydnlar

Okey from 08:00 to 09:00 when alita goes outside and people walk infront of her or behind her (bicycle and cars too). That ball game starts 18:14 till 19.30 every scene like these two create a lot of artifacts in every movie that has scenes like that.

I have one more question. No matter which settings you choose even if you chose max smoothness your movies or animes never get smooth like in this video;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW97BTz_MJY
Why ?

32 (edited by dlr5668 24-11-2019 16:54:05)

cemaydnlar wrote:
MAG79 wrote:

cemaydnlar

Okey from 08:00 to 09:00 when alita goes outside and people walk infront of her or behind her (bicycle and cars too). That ball game starts 18:14 till 19.30 every scene like these two create a lot of artifacts in every movie that has scenes like that.

I have one more question. No matter which settings you choose even if you chose max smoothness your movies or animes never get smooth like in this video;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW97BTz_MJY
Why ?

Okay, downloaded bd remux 2k. Watch at 50 hz with mpv. Looks good to me
https://mega.nz/#!WroD0QDB!BO1cHGN7RCTi … KVR2A4rbxY

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:
MAG79 wrote:

cemaydnlar

Why ?

Okay, downloaded bd remux 2k. Watch at 50 hz with mpv. Looks good to me
https://mega.nz/#!PqQAGCCQ!RZoeSoDbA9Dx … Z5Z6QhChms

How can we compare them when you download a better version of mine. I said alita battle angel 1080p.sparks. You downloaded remux edition which is equal to original bluray disc.

cemaydnlar wrote:

How can we compare them when you download a better version of mine. I said alita battle angel 1080p.sparks. You downloaded remux edition which is equal to original bluray disc.

Just watch it and compare. Better source quality provides better SVP interpolation

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

Just watch it and compare. Better source quality provides better SVP interpolation

I did. The video you sent plays in slow motion which is because my monitor doesn't support it. So why should i download 2k videos when my monitor doesn't support it. Ahh nvm. I'm not curious anymore. I ordered a monitor with full hd and 144hz support. Will try svp with it when it works it works when not then it means svp is just a bad app.

cemaydnlar wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

I did. The video you sent plays in slow motion which is because my monitor doesn't support it. So why should i download 2k videos when my monitor doesn't support it. Ahh nvm. I'm not curious anymore. I ordered a monitor with full hd and 144hz support. Will try svp with it when it works it works when not then it means svp is just a bad app.

I uploaded second one (24 fps -> 60 fps). Non integral multiplier looks much crappier though (more artifacts)
https://mega.nz/#F!OyQ1EYBI!kLyVrQJiwC-FAmNw2LqUKA
https://youtu.be/3P9ODc7QQtQ (processing)

We can continue discussion once you get new toy (144 / 24 = 6 so its perfect for video) and watch these 2 samples without svp smile

37 (edited by cemaydnlar 24-11-2019 21:34:42)

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:

I uploaded second one (24 fps -> 60 fps). Non integral multiplier looks much crappier though (more artifacts)
https://mega.nz/#F!OyQ1EYBI!kLyVrQJiwC-FAmNw2LqUKA
https://youtu.be/3P9ODc7QQtQ (processing)

We can continue discussion once you get new toy (144 / 24 = 6 so its perfect for video) and watch these 2 samples without svp smile

See you also have those bad artifacts in ball game scene. No matter what you do this is the maximum you will get out of svp i guess.

cemaydnlar wrote:

See you also have those bad artifacts in ball game scene. No matter what you do this is the maximum you will get out of svp i guess.

Sure they are always be there. We just need to minimize it wink Uploaded 72 fps as well. Thats my go to profile

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

Sure they are always be there. We just need to minimize it wink Uploaded 72 fps as well. Thats my go to profile

The resolution of your videos are very high they play very slow on my pc. I don't understand if the video is smooth i only see artifacts can you do something about it xD

How can you use svp if you cant play 4k videos ? hmm My samples are already interpolated and your config

>ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 970

is good enough for playing 4k without svp

dlr5668 wrote:

How can you use svp if you cant play 4k videos ? hmm My samples are already interpolated and your config

>ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 970

is good enough for playing 4k without svp

It’s not because of my pc. It is because of my bad tv.

42 (edited by cemaydnlar 27-11-2019 10:39:53)

Okey so i tried svp with my new monitor guess what happened. Nothing changed at all it still has the same artifacts with 144hz mode;
I used these settings.

With your settings everything seems ok except smoothness. Actually when i change my settings to max smoothness i still see just a small amount of smoothness which makes your settings more reasonable.

cemaydnlar
Check if your screen displays all frames without jerks.
Use moving orange tearing test line to detect jerks: SVP menu - Unitilies - Fluency and tearing test.
It is important to see every frame without dropped frames and jerks.
Artifacts become more noticiable when jerks are present in video.

MAG79 wrote:

cemaydnlar
Check if your screen displays all frames without jerks.
Use moving orange tearing test line to detect jerks: SVP menu - Unitilies - Fluency and tearing test.
It is important to see every frame without dropped frames and jerks.
Artifacts become more noticiable when jerks are present in video.

Everything seems to be fine.

Damn. I wish I knew about these factors that affect artifacting. I too had unbearable artifacting, and because of a special need, I used 106 Hz. I don't remember now if I tried 120 Hz enough, which is more often too demanding for my hardware. The trial period is over, so now I can't try out the software with proper settings.
While my use case of 106 Hz would remain not an option, I would have been curious to see what the experience would have been otherwise. ):

sotesz wrote:

Damn. I wish I knew about these factors that affect artifacting. I too had unbearable artifacting, and because of a special need, I used 106 Hz. I don't remember now if I tried 120 Hz enough, which is more often too demanding for my hardware. The trial period is over, so now I can't try out the software with proper settings.
While my use case of 106 Hz would remain not an option, I would have been curious to see what the experience would have been otherwise. ):

For me 72hz is golden

Unfortunately my monitor doesn't do black frame insertion below 106 Hz ):

> black frame insertion
What model of monitor do you have? Is it flashing backlight technology or something else?

Yes, its flashing backlight. The monitor is Eizo Foris FG2421 .

very interesting and helpful thread....

currently my display is set at 59hz and i have svp set to 2.5, so for 23.9 movies i'm getting 59.8, is there a better setting i should be using?