Re: Problem with SVP 3.0.5

Maybe overheating?
And what CPU-Z says about your cpu?

Noweol wrote:

MAG79 wrote:

CPU Throttling is absent - good

28 (edited by Noweol 09-11-2011 08:20:52)

Может, у него 2 ядра сгорели, а оставшиеся 2 работают в HT? Вот и 4 ядра, вот и ½ производительности. CPU-Z это покажет. Всякая ж ерунда может быть… Лично видел новый 2х ядерный Phenom II X6.

29 (edited by dsgnethu 09-11-2011 08:55:54)

MAG79 wrote:
dsgnethu wrote:

I know why SVP is not working after install. SVP manager has to be run as administrator!!!!

Can you start SVP normally by click and after fail put here SVP start log: %appdata%\SVP\Logs\Log.txt ?
What happen with SVP after that: is process still running?

I will do.

1. I start SVP normally and copy the logfile here.
2. After that, I start SVP by rightclick->run as administrator... and put the logfile here.

Noweol wrote:

Maybe overheating?

No overheating smile I put a Zalman cooler to the CPU and it's installed well.

dsgnethu wrote:

If U need any more information, please let me know

all topics about what we want know wink

MAG79 wrote:

Lets analyze results we have got.
1. CPU Throttling is absent - good
2. SVPmark results is low - bad
3. dpclat in green zone - good
4. CPU load in idle is 0 - good

So, we need detailed information about SVPmark results ("Run" at default settings, "Save to file" and put it here) and about your hardware (for example show AIDA64 HTML report).
First, fill your profile.

I updated my profile with my system details. If U need any more information, please let me know.

MAG79 wrote:

About SVPmark. Your results are very low. sad
Exactly half of the normal values: 859 vs 1768 (uNk).
Why number of threads is only 4? It should be 8.
HyperThreading enabled?

Just look at the tables.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=711

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=712

Tables shows all results with Core i7 9xx CPU at "FHD" resolution (GPU is on). Sorted by "CPU only" score.

I'll check the BIOS, but as far as I can remember, HT cannot be disabled. No option to do it.

I'm wondering, why would SVP needs CPU that much, if OpenCL enabled and it uses the GPU to calculate the frames...

Normally, on a system like mine, what would the normal CPU usage be during 1080p playback with SVP default settings?

dsgnethu wrote:

I'll check the BIOS, but as far as I can remember, HT cannot be disabled. No option to do it.

if HT=ON, why on your's screen of the "Perfomance graph" only 4 cpu?
in the device manager how many cpu? it must be 8 (4 real * 2 HT = 8 CPU)

35 (edited by Noweol 09-11-2011 09:24:34)

Run cpu-z and take a screenshot.
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=713
For example, Celeron has 2 cores and 2 threads.
Your CPU has to have 4 cores and 8 threads (if ht is on) or 4 threads (if it's off)

Post's attachments

SS.PNG, 40.64 kb, 416 x 402
SS.PNG 40.64 kb, 517 downloads since 2011-11-09 

Rimsky wrote:
dsgnethu wrote:

if HT=ON, why on your's screen of the "Perfomance graph" only 4 cpu?
in the device manager how many cpu? it must be 8 (4 real * 2 HT = 8 CPU)

Right. I'll doublecheck later today.

Noweol wrote:

Run cpu-z and take a screenshot.
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=713
For example, Celeron has 2 cores and 2 threads.
Your CPU has to have 4 cores and 8 threads (if ht is on) or 4 threads (if it's off)

Great, will do later today.

Thanks for everyone.

Maybe there's a cause, why everything shows 4 core instead of 8. There were a topic, about optimizing the boot process, where windows usually not uses all cores, and on that article, they suggested to set the cores to 4 (which windows uses for boot only). Apparently it seems, that it also limits the cores after the bootup. Thank You Microsoft... again!

Now I'm at my workplace, I'll try to find that setting and modify it to 8 or back to 0 (which means auto) later today, and will post up the results.

Thank You all! It may solve this problem.

Strange, that I experienced no any slowdowns on any other programs. Since the computer is well and running without any freezes or so, I don't have to use the task manager, so I did not realize that Win7 actually uses only 4 cores (maybe 2 physical and 2 HT, or I don't know how Windows distributes the cores). Also I don't have to use the device manager too much times, since there were no any problems with the computer before smile

39 (edited by Rimsky 09-11-2011 11:42:31)

dsgnethu wrote:

Maybe there's a cause, why everything shows 4 core instead of 8. There were a topic, about optimizing the boot process, where windows usually not uses all cores, and on that article, they suggested to set the cores to 4 (which windows uses for boot only). Apparently it seems, that it also limits the cores after the bootup. Thank You Microsoft... again

not only for boot, select number of cores you disable other cores
read manuals carefully!

find it: msconfig.exe - boot - additional parameters - 0 or 8 or disable it

you CPU is very powerfull so you don't see difference beetwen all cpu cores and half-cores wink

Rimsky wrote:
dsgnethu wrote:

Maybe there's a cause, why everything shows 4 core instead of 8. There were a topic, about optimizing the boot process, where windows usually not uses all cores, and on that article, they suggested to set the cores to 4 (which windows uses for boot only). Apparently it seems, that it also limits the cores after the bootup. Thank You Microsoft... again

not only for boot, select number of cores you disable other cores
read manuals carefully!

find it: msconfig.exe - boot - additional parameters - 0 or 8 or disable it

you CPU is very powerfull so you don't see difference beetwen all cpu cores and half-cores wink

Yes, maybe that's happened. Only for this very CPU intensive application, SVP.

I'm wondering what would be the normal load for CPU as well as GPU w/default settings of SVP.

41 (edited by Rimsky 09-11-2011 12:39:59)

dsgnethu wrote:

I'm wondering what would be the normal load for CPU as well as GPU w/default settings of SVP

dont try - dont know  wink

after changes parameters - number of cores at boot - restart PC!

Rimsky wrote:
dsgnethu wrote:

I'm wondering what would be the normal load for CPU as well as GPU w/default settings of SVP

dont try - dont know  wink

I hope Chainik or MAG79 knows the answer smile

43 (edited by Rimsky 09-11-2011 12:59:34)

dsgnethu
it depands on many conditions: bitrait, frame size, FPS, splitters, renders, decoders, weather on the Mars  big_smile
best splitter today is Haali
fastest render - overlay in XP or EVR in Vista/Se7en

and you dont present results of 3dmark

Rimsky wrote:

dsgnethu
it depands on many conditions: bitrait, frame size, FPS, splitters, renders, decoders, weather on the Mars  big_smile
best splitter today is Haali
fastest render - overlay in XP or EVR in Vista/Se7en

and you dont present results of 3dmark

I'll present my results, after I get to home. I think that damn core setting would solve my performance issues with SVP. I just wanted to ask, that usually, what CPU/GPU load could I expect on a system like mine, when playing 1080p MKV movies.

I just want to know an absolute general load. This system a little bit high-end, that's why I want to know.

If there is 30% CPU/90%GPU load in general on a system like mine, and I get 80/80, it means that something is still wrong in my system. If I get let's say 35/91, I'll be happy, because not too much deviation from the general numbers smile

dsgnethu wrote:

what CPU/GPU load could I expect on a system like mine, when playing 1080p MKV movies

60% / 10%

MAG79 wrote:
dsgnethu wrote:

what CPU/GPU load could I expect on a system like mine, when playing 1080p MKV movies

60% / 10%

Thanks MAG! Could SVP evolve in a way, that using the GPU more and the CPU less? Is there a way to give more job to the GPU?

Or future releases are going exactly this way?

47 (edited by Rimsky 09-11-2011 16:47:33)

dsgnethu
i7-920/x6 and higher CPU do all right without GPU-acceleration, they strong enought for high SVP settings
but may appears bugs on socalled Intel Graphics, example cinema with subdivided FPS played mistimings

dsgnethu wrote:

maybe 2 physical and 2 HT

Let's take a closer look at very simple SVPmark synthetic calculations. No codecs, no avisynth, even no real video here.

Your results: 447 in single-threaded mode and 1003 in multi-threaded. 1003/447 ~= 2 = number of physical cores.
And compare it with real i7-960: 462 in single-threaded (almost the same value) and 2042 in MT. 2042/462 ~= 4 wink

So... BIG THANK YOU ALL! That damn setting which speeded up the boot process, cut the performance in half. For boot, no option to set 8 cores, msconfig let only choose 0 (default - auto) to 4.

Now, SVP runs smoothly with all videos at around 30-50% CPU load. Very nice smile Maybe I can try higher SVP settings now...

So there's only one issue remains, SVP works only if I run the SVP manager by rightclick run as administrator...

I'll post up logfile later. Now I can watch some videos big_smile

dsgnethu wrote:

SVP works only if I run the SVP manager by rightclick run as administrator...

I don't know may be there was another "great" topic about "optimizing Windows"?  big_smile

=======
BTW, if you're running player as administrator you have to run SVP manager as administrator too wink