26 (edited by Hennyo 02-01-2016 22:09:41)

Re: Huge CPU load

Good, -MPC-HC acceleration- Works.

Note that you have to repeat those steps because Optimus is broken..;
I haven't been able to get the MPC-profile to maintain/perpetuate/save the settings (Optimus sucks, remember?)..
Get used setting it each time you reboot. ;/

Yep I've seen this, maybe creating an entirely new profile with these settings should do the trick though?

28 (edited by the_darkang3l 09-01-2016 11:11:28)

Hi,

I'm having some issues myself, although the CPU usage doesn't seem to get at 100%, but the playback is not smooth.
I managed to make EVR in MPC-HC use my dedicated graphics, but no change.
It looks like it's dropping frames and constantly, more so on complex scenes, but fraps shows constant 60 fps, so that's weird. I really don't understand what's going on.
My specs are: Lenovo Y50, i7 4710QM 2.4GHz, 16GB DDR3L and GTX 860m 4GB GDDR5. I think it should be more than enough to run SVP at smooth 60 fps.
IDK what url to put in the img tags to upload images, I wanted to show you the EVR OSD and the SVP performance monitor.

edit: I'm using SVP free for now, as I want to make sure it works fine on my system first and if it does, I'll def buy the premium. I messed up with all the settings I found, changed all processing threads and such. Didn't change the application settings as I don't really know what they mean and can't even read the whole description.

I use EVR and now made it select the dedicated graphics, but no change. I tried madVR and the fps is horrible in full screen for some reason, even with all "sacrifice quality for performance" boxes ticked. I have attached the graphs. One is displayed and the other only shows as a link, have no idea why.

Post's attachments

evr.jpg 270.48 kb, 153 downloads since 2016-01-09 

svpgraph.jpg, 108.5 kb, 508 x 556
svpgraph.jpg 108.5 kb, 497 downloads since 2016-01-09 

29 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 09-01-2016 01:42:29)

the_darkang3l wrote:

Hi,

I'm having some issues myself...

Did you manually increase the amount of processing threads in SVP?

the_darkang3l wrote:

what url to put in the img tags to upload images, I wanted to show you the EVR OSD and the SVP performance monitor.

In preview post mode you can add any file as attachment to your post. It can be png/jpg picture. Browse from your hard disk.

So anyone here can help me or not?

you're trying to upscale up to UHD resolution with Intel's graphics
start with changing "resizer" option for EVR-CP in MPC-HC

or try to lower desktop resolution - just for the test

Who said anything about UHD? My laptop resolution is 1080p and my projector 1280x800. No up-scaling happening here. Also, neither CPU or GPU are used 100%, so I don't understand why it's stuttering.

the_darkang3l
Because of switchable graphics your Intel HD Graphics 4600 used to render the picture.
1. Use EVR custom with D3D Fullscreen option enabled. And choose Resizer without PixelShaders (PS): MPC-HC - View - Options - Output
2. Remove all pixel shaders from both lists (pre-resize and post-resize): MPC-HC - Play - Shaders - Select Shaders

Post's attachments

EVR_with_D3D.png, 33.62 kb, 660 x 500
EVR_with_D3D.png 33.62 kb, 498 downloads since 2016-01-12 

the_darkang3l
You didn't answer.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Did you manually increase the amount of processing threads in SVP?

SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - Processings threads - try 19 and above

36 (edited by the_darkang3l 12-01-2016 19:48:46)

I actually answer that question regarding processing threads, if you read carefully I said I tried all of them.  In MPC-HC I was already using EVR custom. I did change the resizer to bilinear now and checked the D£D Fullscreen and it does look better, less stuttering but it still stutters sometimes and doesn't look that fluid, before it looked more fluid when it wasn't stuttering, but was stuttering alot.

Should I use my dedicated graphics to run MPC-HC or internal? and what GPU acceleration for SVP? EVR custom OSD shows it's not using DXVA, no matter which graphics it's using.

edit: With these settings if I choose dedicated graphics to run MPC-HC, it freezes when I double click on it to make it full screen. Any other things I could try?

edit2: for resizer, it doesn't seem to matter if it's bilinear or bicubic, I don't see any differences.

37 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 12-01-2016 19:43:03)

the_darkang3l wrote:

EVR custom OSD shows it's not using DXVA, no matter which graphics it's using.

If your video is not 8bit AVC/h.264 then that would be expected.  This will therefore result in higher CPU utilization.

Also, if your video is 10bit AVC/h.264, HEVC/h.265, or VP9, then decoding it will take even more CPU utilization.

Btw instead of writing 1000 words it could be much more useful to send a bug report from the Manager...

I said before that CPU utilization never reaches 100%, around 50% mostly. Also it seems if I have D3D checked in MVC-HC, when connected to my projector, in full screen it changes my resolution to 1080p and refresh rate to 59 I think, which makes my screen smaller. That's something I don't want.

40 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 12-01-2016 21:32:36)

the_darkang3l wrote:

I said before that CPU utilization never reaches 100%, around 50% mostly.

Do you have an i3 or an i7?  Because that's pretty normal with SMT/hyperthreading.

the_darkang3l wrote:

Also it seems if I have D3D checked in MPC-HC, when connected to my projector, in full screen it changes my resolution to 1080p and refresh rate to 59 I think, which makes my screen smaller. That's something I don't want.

That to me sounds like the fault of MPC-HC's automatic resolution changer and not D3D fullscreen.

I've put all my specs in my first post, I have an i7 4710QM 2.4 GHz quad.

Yea, I think that MPC-HC is changing the resolution, but how do I fix that?

On the fullscreen settings the use autochange fullscreen monitor is unchecked. I tried with that and checked it, unchecked all modes and added the one for the projector, just clicked the add button and was there, 1280x800 6Hz, but it didn't do anything, it still changes the display mode. I'm not sure exactly what that does, but the screen size is smaller and the image is washed out, looks really bad.

Any way to stop it from changing the display mode in full screen with D3D checked?

Also, when there is movement, the image looks like a painting, is that something SVP does to make it smooth, or is there something I did wrong? It kinda ruins the quality.

Post's attachments

mpc1.jpg, 114.28 kb, 650 x 491
mpc1.jpg 114.28 kb, 482 downloads since 2016-01-12 

mpc2.jpg, 118.45 kb, 648 x 488
mpc2.jpg 118.45 kb, 483 downloads since 2016-01-12 

Just to confirm before you try anything else, do you use MadVR or EVR custom?

It's really annoying when I have to repeat stuff. I mentioned EVR custom more than once in my posts, so yea, I'm using EVR custom. For some reason, madVR works fine in window, but in full screen I get like 15-20 fps tops.

So now it looks pretty good with D3D and it seems the painting effect is not noticeable, but can't use it with my projector as MPC-HC is changing my display mode in full screen with D3D checked. It looks less smooth, but in a way I prefer it than perfectly smooth, as it looks weird for now.

How can I stop MPC-HC from changing my display mode in full screen? I posted some screenshots in my previous post, maybe I need to change something else there?

My specs (again): Lenovo Y50
CPU: i7 4710QM quad 2.4GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz
GPU: integrated intel HD4600 graphics and dedicatd GTX 860m 4GB

I've uninstalled everything and installed Shark007 codecs and MPC-BE with madVR. Selected dedicated graphics to run MPC-BE and now it looks good. Tested with the projector and it doesn't change the display mode. The only problem is SVP doesn't work now, lol. I have added ffdshow raw video filter to external filters in MPC-BE and SVP tryes to start but gives an error saying avisynth not found, please reinstall it. It was selected when I installed SVP, the MT one. I tried reinstalling SVP a few times, also added avisynth 2.6 and still says it doesn't find it. How can I make SVP work with MPC-BE, or fix the avisynth error?

I hope MPC-BE is a 32-bit version? big_smile

Yes it is.

do you see both 'avisynth.dll' and 'devil.dll' in the windows/syswow64 folder?
what's the size of 'avisynth.dll' file?

try to manually replace it with the one from SVP4_install_dir/plugins/avisynth.dll

Yea, I managed to fix it thanks to a guy on overclock.net forum. Avisynth wasn't present in sys32. Now it runs smooth even without lowering the settings in madVR, the fps counter does flicker at 59-60 on a 1080p video, but that's a matter of tweaking now. Thanks for help. I'll soon buy the premium version to have more control over settings.

still the question remains what was wrong from the beginning o_O

Not sure, I guess MPC-HC? or some codecs maybe...