126 (edited by x7007 26-06-2012 12:00:48)

Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

Hi,

There are some complications using the potplayer and all the settings, there are 2 guides which does the same thing but different settings, the aim for quality and some of the settings on 1st guide are the best while on the other guide there are extra settings to have more quality which aren't set on the 1st guide.

Look what i mean : http://imouto.my/madvr/
http://imouto.my/configuring-potplayer- … -decoding/

it says better settings but some of them are for his graphics card or some lower settings mode.

I really don't know what to use.

I have 3 Questions : What does it means when it shown on the movie details on the player P10 or something on just 720p mkv movie ? I had it once when i first installed poty and played with some of the settings to test.

2nd : What is the best to use, it's driving me crazy , NV12 or YV12 ? for everything ? or just 720p1080p Mkv , or there are different settings for 1080i or Xvid and such ?

3rd : On the guides they say use Dithering when avaliable , When do i need dither ?

I'll have to wait for your answers before i can see movies lool.

Please , Thanks

x7007

NV12 or YV12 ?

doesn't matter but SVP outputs in YV12

When do i need dither

to remove colour banding

128 (edited by x7007 26-06-2012 19:02:28)

Chainik wrote:

x7007

NV12 or YV12 ?

doesn't matter but SVP outputs in YV12

When do i need dither

to remove colour banding

So, to configure it like you said and that's it ? for MPC-HC like the other guide, ok cool.

And the conversion to use always TV 16-235 for my LCD Tv ? or automatically ?

And PotPlayer Live ? or PotPlayerPlayback , what's the difference ? cause i used PotPlayer Live and all the settings are difference and i need to set them there again if i change, really annoying :X

When do i choose or when can i see there are color banding ?

There are so many things about video i will never know how to get it the best quality with the best per performance cause there are so many filters > Settings > Media player > more settings > sound + video settings >

And i don't know anywhere else who can help me with that, my questions will never get fully answered so i will understand what to check or when to do it :X

What does it means when it shown on the movie details on the player P10 or something on just 720p mkv movie ? I had it once when i first installed poty and played with some of the settings to test. please answer this

Is the movie details are ok ?

Post's attachments

333.jpg 121.83 kb, 256 downloads since 2012-06-26 

x7007

Man, you've got too many questions, have you tried to google at least half of them?

When do i choose or when can i see there are color banding ?

Exampe

my questions will never get fully answered
yeah, why I'm not surprised?  big_smile

Hi Maken, first, thanks a lot for this guide, image quality is amazing smile

I followed the exact steps you listed, I set madVR scaling settings to the max (8 taps and scale with linear light) but I have one little issue with the CPU usage.

When I'm playing 1080p contents, my CPU usage can go as high as 65%, GPU usage is usually around 30-40% which is fine since I enabled the highest settings, but CPU worries me a little.

This is my system:

i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.35V
Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
MSI Z77A-GD65
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature 2
Seasonic X-650 Gold 80 Plus
Crucial Micron M4 128GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue 7200RPM
Corsair Obsidian 650D
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Can you please help me reduce CPU usage, without hurting the image quality? Maybe there's a setting I missed?

Thanks

HI ALL smile, EVERYTHING OK HERE? I HOPE
FIRST THAN NOTHING I HAVE TO SAY REALLY SORRY TO ALL SVP TEAM and USERS WHO WAS WRITING ME ABOUT MY GUIDE AND MORE, SORRY FOR NOT ANSWER YOU ALL BEFORE, I WAS VERY SICK sad BUT THANKS TO GOD IM BACK AGAIN AND I FINALLY RECOVERED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I WAS HAVING TROUBLES WITH MY EMAIL ( LONG HISTORY TO TALK ). I THOUGHT THIS WAS DELETED BECAUSE OF THAT BUT IM HAPPY THAT ITS NOT big_smile. I HAVE ALOT OF VERY GOOD UPDATES TO SHARE AND IM SURE YOU ALL GOING TO ENJOY AS HELL, IM USING LASTEST SVP AND I CAN SAY IS THE BEST OF ALL VERSIONS, THE SMOOTH QUALITY IS AMAZING!! YOU GUYS SVP TEAM ARE GURUS ON THIS THANKS. ALSO THIS LASTEST SVP + MY UPDATED SETUP GUIDE GIVE 2X MORE SMOOTH QUALITY THAN BEFORE AND IN SOUND I HAVE VERY GOOD UPDATES TO SHARE AS WELL.

I WILL START TO UPDATE AND REWORK ON THIS AGAIN. AGAIN SORRY FOR NOT ANSWER YOU ALL BEFORE AND THANKS TO SVP TEAM FOR THEIR HARD WORK, DONT FORGET TO SUPPORT THEM AND KEEP USING THIS AND THANKS FOR NOT DELETE MY GUIDE.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

REGARDS.

MakeN

Conditioned wrote:

Thanks for this guide and SVP!

Any chanced of getting a comprehensive high quality guide? I really dont understand how to set it how its supposed to be for highest quality settings :L/

Hi, how you been?
Really sorry for the late answer, im back and wait for the upcoming update smile. I hope it answer all your questions.

Greetings.

Zachn wrote:

Hi Maken, first, thanks a lot for this guide, image quality is amazing smile

I followed the exact steps you listed, I set madVR scaling settings to the max (8 taps and scale with linear light) but I have one little issue with the CPU usage.

When I'm playing 1080p contents, my CPU usage can go as high as 65%, GPU usage is usually around 30-40% which is fine since I enabled the highest settings, but CPU worries me a little.

This is my system:

i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.35V
Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
MSI Z77A-GD65
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature 2
Seasonic X-650 Gold 80 Plus
Crucial Micron M4 128GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue 7200RPM
Corsair Obsidian 650D
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Can you please help me reduce CPU usage, without hurting the image quality? Maybe there's a setting I missed?

Thanks

Hi Zachn , how are you?

High and more CPU usage than half of your CPU capabilities playing 1080p ( 1920x800 )/ fullHD 1080p ( 1920x1080 ) content + SVP or custom AviSynth scripts for smooth them all is NORMAL. This change depending of many factors, which Players with X settings you are using on it, what kind of codecs are installed, in use and configured, what kind of Hardware you have and it limits, what kind of file you are trying to playback and smooth and more. I hope with the upcoming update i can answer / help this kind of situations but high usage on 1080p content + smooth them all is NORMAL, remember more smooth and shaders you want to use on your fav 1080p content so more performance will cost and in special if you want highest / extreme enhanced image quality.

I see you have a powerful pc there ah? mine is still old but its ok coz it was helping me alot to rework and spot very good things to now give me good performance and 2x more smooth than before thanks to lastest SVP. Also new drivers, updated players and more help, thanks for your interesting on my Guide, just forget it, unistall and delete all, wait for my upcoming updated Guide because is much better ( for me at least big_smile im more happy than before ) and it will be the best on PCs like your. I will answer all your questions all i can of course because my knowledge is limited but we have the SVP that will help me and you all as well with things that are beyong of my knowledge.

Sorry for the bad english, keep alert and coming to here again.

Main post is some updated with the new version of my guide dedicated for Highest Quality.

Maken1

I red your last guide. Great things. And 2/3 of it already realized in RimPack with Pot. I only did not add MadVR as render.
Try RimPack_Pot, may be you like it  wink

Rimsky wrote:

Maken1

I red your last guide. Great things. And 2/3 of it already realized in RimPack with Pot. I only did not add MadVR as render.
Try RimPack_Pot, may be you like it  wink

Hi Rimsky big_smile, how you been man? i hope that good.

Ohh ok wink exelent, i will check it out big_smile.

Its still not complete, im planning to add more important things, including images and more. I hope you like it as well once it get more complete.

Greetings.

137 (edited by Zachn 28-07-2012 17:54:04)

Maken1 Wrote:
Hi Zachn , how are you?

High and more CPU usage than half of your CPU capabilities playing 1080p ( 1920x800 )/ fullHD 1080p ( 1920x1080 ) content + SVP or custom AviSynth scripts for smooth them all is NORMAL. This change depending of many factors, which Players with X settings you are using on it, what kind of codecs are installed, in use and configured, what kind of Hardware you have and it limits, what kind of file you are trying to playback and smooth and more. I hope with the upcoming update i can answer / help this kind of situations but high usage on 1080p content + smooth them all is NORMAL, remember more smooth and shaders you want to use on your fav 1080p content so more performance will cost and in special if you want highest / extreme enhanced image quality.

I see you have a powerful pc there ah? mine is still old but its ok coz it was helping me alot to rework and spot very good things to now give me good performance and 2x more smooth than before thanks to lastest SVP. Also new drivers, updated players and more help, thanks for your interesting on my Guide, just forget it, unistall and delete all, wait for my upcoming updated Guide because is much better ( for me at least  im more happy than before ) and it will be the best on PCs like your. I will answer all your questions all i can of course because my knowledge is limited but we have the SVP that will help me and you all as well with things that are beyong of my knowledge.

Hey, thanks for your reply smile

In regards of what Player I'm using, I've followed all the instructions on your guide and I'm using PotPlayer.

I've set madVR to the highest scaling options as said, I don't have a problem with the CPU and GPU usage, both are strong and overclocked so it's not an issue, I just wanted to make sure it's normal to have a 50-60% usage when playing 1080p. I am also playing all contents with the Uniform setting in SVP for max smoothness, however, I didn't create profiles or used AviSynth yet, not even sure what it does. In regards of codecs used, player settings and DXVA - All according to your guide.

So far I'll keep things as they are atm, I'm satisfied with the quality, I'd love to read your new guide and setup everything from scratch, just let us know when it will be available, I'll make sure to check this page every few days.

Thanks again smile

Zachn wrote:

Maken1 Wrote:
Hi Zachn , how are you?

I see you have a powerful pc there ah? mine is still old but its ok coz it was helping me alot to rework and spot very good things to now give me good performance and 2x more smooth than before thanks to lastest SVP. Also new drivers, updated players and more help, thanks for your interesting on my Guide, just forget it, unistall and delete all, wait for my upcoming updated Guide because is much better ( for me at least  im more happy than before ) and it will be the best on PCs like your. I will answer all your questions all i can of course because my knowledge is limited but we have the SVP that will help me and you all as well with things that are beyong of my knowledge.

Hey, thanks for your reply smile

In regards of what Player I'm using, I've followed all the instructions on your guide and I'm using PotPlayer.

I've set madVR to the highest scaling options as said, I don't have a problem with the CPU and GPU usage, both are strong and overclocked so it's not an issue, I just wanted to make sure it's normal to have a 50-60% usage when playing 1080p. I am also playing all contents with the Uniform setting in SVP for max smoothness, however, I didn't create profiles or used AviSynth yet, not even sure what it does. In regards of codecs used, player settings and DXVA - All according to your guide.

So far I'll keep things as they are atm, I'm satisfied with the quality, I'd love to read your new guide and setup everything from scratch, just let us know when it will be available, I'll make sure to check this page every few days.

Thanks again smile

Greetings Zachn smile, good to see here again.

You said:" I've set madVR to the highest scaling options as said "
Ok this can be maxed for Powerful PC in especial GPUs but its not always necessary, i mean you will not do nothing or notice nothing if you cant notice the differencies when you set X value on them. If is that the case then the unnecessary high GPU usage will not worth and before try or keep X values on X Scaling options you first need to be sure that you understand and always keep in mid this:

-The CHROMA UPSCALING 'sharpness' or 'steps' setting can't be less than Luma Upscaling, and Luma Downscaling , this is my recommendation.
-The more Sharpness or Steps you use, the more Quality you get, BUT, MORE GPU CYCLES WILL BE USED, so make sure that your GPU is powerful enough to handle those high settings when combined with SVP. I recommend that you start with the values on the images at first, and later you can try more. Remember those higher settings will cost you more GPU performance.
-Scale in linear light on Luma Upscaling and Luma Downscaling will cost you a lot of GPU Performance so these settings are for powerful GPUS only.
-When using MadVR the video color settings from your video card drivers are not working, so if you want to use video color settings for your media you can set gamma with MadVR. You can set gamma,color and more with FFDSHOW without any problem, it will cost you some CPU usage depending of what settings and values you are trying to apply

as i said in my actual and work in progress Guide. This particulary will be more detailed while my Guide progressing more, of course basing of my understanding. This part is very important, any setting here will change the final possibilities you will have to use more things to take advantage of your GPU free resourses to enhanced much more the QUALITY with PotPlayer and SVP.

Again i say Yes, its normal to have half or more of your CPU and GPU usages when both are powerful enough when playing 1080p, in fact this is the true challenger that all PCs will face. If you find the way to obtain the best performance with heavy and high quality 1080p.. then everything and less than that will be nothing! for your PC big_smile that means less power usage, less heat, less noise ( from your Fans if they are set to auto adjust speed depending of it components temperatures ) and to do more thing at same time.

You can starting to use my new Guide now, i was updating the main post with it, there is some images and settings that appear to be the same as the old guide but, there is new advises and concepts to fallowing.  You have new stuffs to try to keep you busy  tongue , you have to post here how its going, your new discover or changes and more, it will help me in my work.

Thanks

Finished the main important steps to set up PotPlayer before try SVP, the EXTRA step is still work in progress.
Added " 6- My personal SVPs custom profiles " to my guide, one simple custom profile as recommendation to start to play with your custom SVP profiles. You can find it in the first page > 3rd post.

ENJOY AND REPORT ISSUES, YOUR RESULTS, YOUR PERSONAL AND RECOMMENDED PROFILES AND MORE.

THANKS MORE IS COMING LATER.

MAKEN

Maken1
how you been man?

best of all!!!  wink

I forget to say - RimPack_Pot only in Russian.

I have two question:

1. Why did you use and advise Lav Video Decoder in spite of internal Pot Player Decoder. It good, it work, it return back decoded frames to memory

2. Haali splitter is more functionally than LAV Splitter
a) haali can merge linking video, offten in serials opening and ending cut in another file for econmy, haali deals with it fine, but with LAV Splitter subtitles and audio mistimes occur becouse LAV Splitter did't merge opening/ending to main file
b) haali can play various version in video file, for example directors/theatrical cinema versions in one file
c) haali icon in tray is more comfort for change sub/audio tracks than in player

So may be you change you gide in this points? LAV Video -> Pot internal decoder, LAV splitter -> haali

Maken1 wrote:

Greetings Zachn , good to see here again.

Ok this can be maxed for Powerful PC in especial GPUs but its not always necessary, i mean you will not do nothing or notice nothing if you cant notice the differencies when you set X value on them. If is that the case then the unnecessary high GPU usage will not worth and before try or keep X values on X Scaling options you first need to be sure that you understand and always keep in mid this:

-The CHROMA UPSCALING 'sharpness' or 'steps' setting can't be less than Luma Upscaling, and Luma Downscaling , this is my recommendation.
-The more Sharpness or Steps you use, the more Quality you get, BUT, MORE GPU CYCLES WILL BE USED, so make sure that your GPU is powerful enough to handle those high settings when combined with SVP. I recommend that you start with the values on the images at first, and later you can try more. Remember those higher settings will cost you more GPU performance.
-Scale in linear light on Luma Upscaling and Luma Downscaling will cost you a lot of GPU Performance so these settings are for powerful GPUS only.
-When using MadVR the video color settings from your video card drivers are not working, so if you want to use video color settings for your media you can set gamma with MadVR. You can set gamma,color and more with FFDSHOW without any problem, it will cost you some CPU usage depending of what settings and values you are trying to apply

as i said in my actual and work in progress Guide. This particulary will be more detailed while my Guide progressing more, of course basing of my understanding. This part is very important, any setting here will change the final possibilities you will have to use more things to take advantage of your GPU free resourses to enhanced much more the QUALITY with PotPlayer and SVP.

Again i say Yes, its normal to have half or more of your CPU and GPU usages when both are powerful enough when playing 1080p, in fact this is the true challenger that all PCs will face. If you find the way to obtain the best performance with heavy and high quality 1080p.. then everything and less than that will be nothing! for your PC  that means less power usage, less heat, less noise ( from your Fans if they are set to auto adjust speed depending of it components temperatures ) and to do more thing at same time.

You can starting to use my new Guide now, i was updating the main post with it, there is some images and settings that appear to be the same as the old guide but, there is new advises and concepts to fallowing.  You have new stuffs to try to keep you busy   , you have to post here how its going, your new discover or changes and more, it will help me in my work.

Thanks

Great! Thanks smile

When do you expect to have the entire guide finished?

Rimsky wrote:

Maken1
how you been man?

best of all!!!  wink

I forget to say - RimPack_Pot only in Russian.

I have two question:

1. Why did you use and advise Lav Video Decoder in spite of internal Pot Player Decoder. It good, it work, it return back decoded frames to memory

2. Haali splitter is more functionally than LAV Splitter
a) haali can merge linking video, offten in serials opening and ending cut in another file for econmy, haali deals with it fine, but with LAV Splitter subtitles and audio mistimes occur becouse LAV Splitter did't merge opening/ending to main file
b) haali can play various version in video file, for example directors/theatrical cinema versions in one file
c) haali icon in tray is more comfort for change sub/audio tracks than in player

So may be you change you gide in this points? LAV Video -> Pot internal decoder, LAV splitter -> haali

Greetings Rimsky smile

You said: 1. Why did you use and advise Lav Video Decoder in spite of internal Pot Player Decoder. It good, it work, it return back decoded frames to memory ?
A: Sorry i did not understand much.. you ask me why im using or recommending these Video Decoders?
You also said: It good, it work, it return back decoded frames to memory ?
A: What is good ? Lav Video Decoder or PotPlayer Video Decoder ?

Just in case, i was talking and recommending use these Video Decoders because both are good, in the case of PotPlayer Video Decoder, with the lastest versions of PotPlayer it comes very good to provide more compatibility and performance in case if someone encounter X problems using Lav Video Decoder then that person can try the other alternative Video Decoder ( Pot Video Decoder ). Im using PotPlayer Video Decoder because the performance it provide me.
Lav Video Decoder + CUDA as alternative for try to lower some GPU usage for NVIDIA users.

You said: 2. Haali splitter is more functionally than LAV Splitter
A: Yes, i also use Haali Splitter but only for MKV and MP4 and the rest is set by PotPlayers Splitters. Id recommended Lav Splitters for the ones who like to use them, but thanks i should recommend another Splitter as alternative or maybe as you said recommend Haali Splitter only.  But you recommend me use Haali Splitter for all file types or only for ?

Thanks Rimsky big_smile

Zachn wrote:

Maken1 wrote:

Greetings Zachn , good to see here again.

Again i say Yes, its normal to have half or more of your CPU and GPU usages when both are powerful enough when playing 1080p, in fact this is the true challenger that all PCs will face. If you find the way to obtain the best performance with heavy and high quality 1080p.. then everything and less than that will be nothing! for your PC  that means less power usage, less heat, less noise ( from your Fans if they are set to auto adjust speed depending of it components temperatures ) and to do more thing at same time.

You can starting to use my new Guide now, i was updating the main post with it, there is some images and settings that appear to be the same as the old guide but, there is new advises and concepts to fallowing.  You have new stuffs to try to keep you busy   , you have to post here how its going, your new discover or changes and more, it will help me in my work.

Thanks

Great! Thanks smile

When do you expect to have the entire guide finished?

Greetings Zachn smile

All depend, i cant give you an exact date for finish it but i think id gave you and to all enough stuffs to start to play with.
To keep you all busy and learning at the same time while im testing more things that will be posted on the EXTRA section, before those new settings being posted on the EXTRA section ( settings to enhanced alot the image quality and audio ), im thinking in post later part of my results, once im happy with them then post it on the main post.
Have you try everything that id posted in the main post? i need peoples feedback, if there a problem or question is the idea or you want to know just something espesific?

Maken1

how much words...  wink

English is not native language for you and for me, and this is the problem.

1. LAV Video Decoder is recommended for MPC becouse MPC internal filters does not support DXVA2 copy-back decoding.
But PotPlayer internal decoders support it, so sensibly to use internal PotPlayers DXVA2 decoders instead LAV Video Decoders.
Becouse it good for stability reduce filters between videofile and FFDShow RAW
You chain: videofile - splitter - video stream - PotPlayer filter - LAV video decoder - FFDShow RAW = 6 parts
My recommended chain: videofile - splitter - video stream - PotPlayer DXVA2 - FFDShow RAW = 5 parts
In some cases unnecessary videofiler before FFDShow RAW may corrupt FPS value for FFDShow RAW, so SVP didn't resolve correct FPS and algorithms.

2. Haali splitter is a little bit faster then LAV splitter.
I recommended to install LAV splitter first, and over it haali splitter.
Haali take itself mp4, mkv, ts, and other supported files, and for LAV splitter remain flv, web-m, etc.
If haali can not split videofile - LAV take itself and split them.
Our team take an advice, test this method and find it good, so it realized in SVP full distributive and RimPack.

By the way: no matter CUDA or DXVA2 HW decoding in LAV Video Decoder becouse CUDA and DXVA2 simply interface for one videochip engine. So no difference in speed between it.
And only Intel QuickSynk may take advantages.

145 (edited by Zachn 29-07-2012 20:44:05)

Hi Maken,

I tried your new guide, and I've followed your Case 1 scenario:

Use EVR Custom Present as Video Renderer + Lav Video Decoder as Video Decoder for less CPU usage at cost of more GPU usage and this last thing can be minimized some using Nvidias Cuda or DXVA2 only if your Video Card is powerful, if your Video Card is older and slower, IS NOT RECOMMENDED to use EVR CP. If you try EVR CP + SVP high settings + older and slower Video Cards the results will be horrible, unplayable and annoying as hell. Are we clear about this?

So I'm using EVR Custom Present with LAV as a Video Decoder but I actually got the reverse result.

Instead of having lower CPU usage at the cost of higher GPU usage, I now have high CPU usage of 50-60% and my GPU usage has reduced to 25% max.
When I'm using madVR with 4-8 taps in upscaling and linear light enabled, my GPU usage hits around 40% and I think that the image quality is a bit better.

I also tried using PotPlayer's internal decoders with EVR but the result was the same. It seems like for me the best option is to use madVR for best GPU usage, but I can't seem to reduce CPU usage.

Also, should I use Haali Media Splitter instead of LAV? I'm not sure what to do...

Right now, I deleted everything, cleared Registry with CCleaner and I'm waiting for your reply to start again from the beginning.

Thanks

Rimsky wrote:

Maken1

how much words...  wink

English is not native language for you and for me, and this is the problem.

1. LAV Video Decoder is recommended for MPC becouse MPC internal filters does not support DXVA2 copy-back decoding.
But PotPlayer internal decoders support it, so sensibly to use internal PotPlayers DXVA2 decoders instead LAV Video Decoders.
Becouse it good for stability reduce filters between videofile and FFDShow RAW
You chain: videofile - splitter - video stream - PotPlayer filter - LAV video decoder - FFDShow RAW = 6 parts
My recommended chain: videofile - splitter - video stream - PotPlayer DXVA2 - FFDShow RAW = 5 parts
In some cases unnecessary videofiler before FFDShow RAW may corrupt FPS value for FFDShow RAW, so SVP didn't resolve correct FPS and algorithms.

2. Haali splitter is a little bit faster then LAV splitter.
I recommended to install LAV splitter first, and over it haali splitter.
Haali take itself mp4, mkv, ts, and other supported files, and for LAV splitter remain flv, web-m, etc.
If haali can not split videofile - LAV take itself and split them.
Our team take an advice, test this method and find it good, so it realized in SVP full distributive and RimPack.

By the way: no matter CUDA or DXVA2 HW decoding in LAV Video Decoder becouse CUDA and DXVA2 simply interface for one videochip engine. So no difference in speed between it.
And only Intel QuickSynk may take advantages.

Rimsky THANK YOU!!! for your recommendations!!! big_smile you helped me with somethings that i was wondering...

One thing.. what is your recommendation for set Haali and Lav Splitters on PotPlayers " Source/splitter Filter " section? for example i set Haali splitter for MKV and MP4 only and the rest with Pots Built-in Source/splitter.

On my guide i will recommend use PotPlayers Video Decoder and Haali Splitters.

Zachn wrote:

Hi Maken,

Use EVR Custom Present as Video Renderer + Lav Video Decoder as Video Decoder for less CPU usage at cost of more GPU usage and this last thing can be minimized some using Nvidias Cuda or DXVA2 only if your Video Card is powerful, if your Video Card is older and slower, IS NOT RECOMMENDED to use EVR CP. If you try EVR CP + SVP high settings + older and slower Video Cards the results will be horrible, unplayable and annoying as hell. Are we clear about this?

So I'm using EVR Custom Present with LAV as a Video Decoder but I actually got the reverse result.

Instead of having lower CPU usage at the cost of higher GPU usage, I now have high CPU usage of 50-60% and my GPU usage has reduced to 25% max.
When I'm using madVR with 4-8 taps in upscaling and linear light enabled, my GPU usage hits around 40% and I think that the image quality is a bit better.

I also tried using PotPlayer's internal decoders with EVR but the result was the same. It seems like for me the best option is to use madVR for best GPU usage, but I can't seem to reduce CPU usage.

Also, should I use Haali Media Splitter instead of LAV? I'm not sure what to do...

Right now, I deleted everything, cleared Registry with CCleaner and I'm waiting for your reply to start again from the beginning.

Thanks

Zachn i see something is happening that maybe you dont know yet, i have an idea but i need your help with something as well big_smile ok?

First lets only concentrate about PotPlayers configuration and later we use SVP ok? We need to see how the configurations work for you then i need you to try this:

1- From Installations section, do steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 ( skip 5 for now ).
2- From PotPlayer configurations section, do steps 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 only.
3- Set EVR Custom Present as Video Renderer.
4- From VIDEO DECODERS section > Case 2 > do steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
5- From AUDIO section, you know what to do.
6- Again Playback any FullHD 1080p or 720p video or movie you have for a moment and make sure to see how much performance and low cpu usage you have. It can be any Clip from Trailers or Movies in mkv or any AVCHD. At this point check now your CPU usage without SVP with the files you was trying to play or when you CPU was arround 50 / 60% that bother you smile. If you can try to take screenshot(s) of your CPU usage and post here to see it better also if you can to provide me the specs of the file you are trying to play it would be good.

Because i dont know what settings are you using on your SVPs custom profiles if is the case you are or if you dont have any custom profiles then i need to know which Profile SVP use for that file(s) you was trying to play, that settings could be high settings because your CPU power. Lets skip SVP for now until you get high performance on PotPlayer first, then in that way we make sure that PotPlayer is not totaly the problem ( the problem that bothers you about your 50/60% CPU usage ). Id posted some basic steps to configure and start to play with SVP and you can find it on the first page - 3rd post, check it out as well.

Maken1

Haali: avi, mp4, mkv, ogg/ogm

PopPlayer: Mpeg1, MPEG2 PS/TS becouse PopPlayer must have information about DVD menus, chapters

System splitter: ASF becouse ASF is proprientary Microsoft format

LAV Splitter: etc. Just register LAV Splitter in system, you dont need to add it in PP, PP find LAV Splitter by the format video.

And make a tip in your guide: spliters, filters, decoders must be choosen as register filter, not as file.
If not you may get error in case of two versions of splitter or decoder or filter. Even version the same.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Did you try rimpack already? I undestand that russian pack is difficult, so try it in virtual machine, install it press "Далее" and check the settings
Exuse me but I very busy and could not take a time for english version

149 (edited by Zachn 30-07-2012 09:21:13)

Maken1 wrote:
Zachn wrote:

Hi Maken,

Thanks

Zachn i see something is happening that maybe you dont know yet, i have an idea but i need your help with something as well big_smile ok?

First lets only concentrate about PotPlayers configuration and later we use SVP ok? We need to see how the configurations work for you then i need you to try this:

1- From Installations section, do steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 ( skip 5 for now ).
2- From PotPlayer configurations section, do steps 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 only.
3- Set EVR Custom Present as Video Renderer.
4- From VIDEO DECODERS section > Case 2 > do steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
5- From AUDIO section, you know what to do.
6- Again Playback any FullHD 1080p or 720p video or movie you have for a moment and make sure to see how much performance and low cpu usage you have. It can be any Clip from Trailers or Movies in mkv or any AVCHD. At this point check now your CPU usage without SVP with the files you was trying to play or when you CPU was arround 50 / 60% that bother you smile. If you can try to take screenshot(s) of your CPU usage and post here to see it better also if you can to provide me the specs of the file you are trying to play it would be good.

Because i dont know what settings are you using on your SVPs custom profiles if is the case you are or if you dont have any custom profiles then i need to know which Profile SVP use for that file(s) you was trying to play, that settings could be high settings because your CPU power. Lets skip SVP for now until you get high performance on PotPlayer first, then in that way we make sure that PotPlayer is not totaly the problem ( the problem that bothers you about your 50/60% CPU usage ). Id posted some basic steps to configure and start to play with SVP and you can find it on the first page - 3rd post, check it out as well.

Ok, thanks for this, I'll get home and try again. I'll update you soon.
If I understand you correctly, this is what I have to do:

1. Don't install LAV and SVP
2. Install PotPlayer, ffdshow, madVR, AviSynth and configure the player before we move on, right?

In regards to SVP profiles, I didn't change anything except I set Uniform for Max Smoothness instead of Adaptive, everything else was left at Default.

Maken1
Zachn
Guys, you know overquoting is evil?