Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

Check discussion here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/ … em-mobile/.

krneki
Hey, how r u? smile
haha nice, ok can you tell me what you did ?  What did you changed on PotPlayer? are you using Lav Filters?
I guess that the Auto Selection on PotPlayers Renderer, is EVR CP, because its the best in performance, you can check it out While you re playing X video, trailer, etc. Press Tab and the PotPlayers OSD will appear.
Try to set in Renderer " EVR CP " and use LavFilters ( copying the settings from the Performance Section only ) and Enable Cuda, i think if you take some advantage of your mobile graphics, it could give you more performane, lower you CPU usage some..if you can do that or if that happen we can try another settings for your SVPs Profiles smile.

Good Luck, i wait your answer, take care.

I just switched Video render from Madshi to Auto selection and applied your new recommended SVP settings. With this setting applied, PotPlayer will choose EVR Custom Present.

Now with LAV filters and CUDA, I think performance is similar to one before (DXVA without CUDA), check it out: http://shrani.si/f/A/dS/3kovHAYB/svp4.png

krneki
Thats better man, leave it, leave Lav Filters with Cuda enable.

Other recommendations:

1- When playback HD Movies with DTS or high bitrate, try to dont leave any app or whatever that you know that its consuming a lot of your CPU resourses, i mean if you leave your Windows in IDLE without do nohitng!!! and your CPU usage is like +10/15% for example then, thats bad!!!, its a waste so you have to save all the resourses you can at the time of use SVP + PotPlayer + Movie-DTS-High Bitrate or more than 23.976 fps ( 24 fps or more consume more CPU ).
2- Ok now try this with your SVP Profile and see what happen:

In this ORDER:
1- NORMAL
2- 13. Standard
3- Double the frame rate (2x)
4- FULL SIZE
5- 1 PIXEL
6- HEXAGON
7- TO PIXEL
8- DO NOT RECALCULATE
9- 32x32
10- NO OVERLAP
11- NORMAL
12- NORMAL
13- FRAME BLENDING
14- DO NOT REDUCE
15- Dont enable it.

Good Luck

I don't know what I pressed, but there is orange vertical line moving from left to right in PotPlayer - do you know what that is? It disappears if I turn off SVP.

Anyway, here are the results: http://shrani.si/f/27/NX/3FUNuUwm/svp5.png

p.s.: if I decide and turn of SVP - should I switch back to built-in PotPlayer filter or does LAV provide better quality?

krneki
orange vertical line moving from left to right in PotPlayer - do you know what that is?
Tearing test (Ctrl-Shift-T)

krneki
hahahha nice big_smile thats much better ah? i guess you can notice the differences now, i mean see it more smoother than before, right ?

in SVPs icon, make sure that " Tearing test " and " Demostration mode " are unchecked, maybe by acident you pressed it.

Try to use now the Lav Splitters and leave Lav Video Decoder, you need better Cuda performance that it can provide you and if you want more quality or you use madVR or enable " High-Quality Processing " in Lav Video Decoder, this will cost you more GPU performance big_smile but more quality. Try it if you want and if it does not affect you much performance then leave it enable. I just recommend it for better GPUs but you will not lose anything trying smile.

Hello all, thanks so much for your combined answers, I just donated $15 to this wonderful project, I wish I had more to give!

I hope I can get 295.73 working on my laptop, I've been using 295.51 this whole time thinking I was up to date... You know what's funny? I thought Open-CL was CUDA Language(C-L... get it?). I know it's wrong now, thanks to you guys, I thought you'd all get a good laugh out of that!  lol Thanks for clearing that up for me MAG79!

I just got done watching 15 minute test run of Transformers 3 in 1080p using EVR CP... I swear it looked smoother than when I used madVR! Maybe it's because I've been paying more attention lately, getting more familiar with how the SVP effect "Looks". So I have been noticing flickering and randomly dropped frames, no matter what SVP or madVR settings I try... EVR CP also gave me RGB32 output instead of YUV2 or whatever, and isn't RGB32 "the best" colorspace? I am confused because when I tried EVR CP with a 720p video I got very bad audio delay, so I immediately went back to madVR instead of trying to troubleshoot the problem. I will let you know if I have any luck, perhaps it will help people with slower computers? Thanks again for your time. I will try to post my benchmark results soon.

Maken1
I'm not sure if I completely understood you. So I leave Video Decoder settings changed to LAV (h264 is set to NVIDIA CUVID) and change Source/splitter settings as they are in your tutorial? What difference will that make? This is what I get in this case: http://shrani.si/f/l/gW/4uAxn9PN/svp6.png

Do I have to change anything else?

p.s.: what is the difference between SVP settings you provided to me on "Today 00:53:09" and "29-02-2012 20:24:12"?

Itchywolf
I just donated $15 to this wonderful project
Got it, thanks for your help!
May be we're not so communicative right now but it's because of ver.3.1 release preparations so please excuse us smile

Sorry, i was very busy with somethings, got distracted thanks to SVP -_- ( smile big_smile ), thanks to my new tweaks and High Quality ( uncoming ), i was watching a lot of animes, old movies, etc smoothy time!!! big_smile. No really sorry if im taking much for complete the guide, i play games and i was kinda busy with that too, im waiting for new version of SVP.

I hope this week be with more free time to complete this. Greetings to all good ppls here smile.

Regards.

Maken

krneki
Hey, there is somethings that you re not doing well man.
1- In PotPlayers OSDs it need to show you in Input and Output: YV12 , YV12 gives the best performance than the others, in your case you need more performance than high quality, in this case YV12 is Performance / Quality and RGB32 or YUY2 are good too but it need more Power.
2- You should see the differences man, in especial with fast escenes or objects when the camera moving arrounds, i mean less artifacts with moderate smoothness. The other id gave you was taking your off more smooth and give more artifacts in exchange of PERFORMANCE. The new one id gave you, is intermediate, a little bit more smooth with less artifacts in exchange of more CPU usage, to safe that extra CPU usage, use YV12 as Output in Potplayer if you dont use Lav Filters ( but i recommend you use Lav Filters ) so disable in PotPlayer " Built-in video processing filter ", use Lav Video Decoder and just enable YV12 only, in the 10bit section leave it as default ( all of this in Lav Filters Properties ).

Itchywolf
Hi my friend, how you been? big_smile i hope like me enjoying watching a lot of things big_smile XD thanks to SVP.
Naa its ok man, we re here to learn, and this Team is here to help us, so dont worry.
Wait till i finish my guide, then you will see new things.

Greetings.

Maken

Maken1
Thanks for explanation. However, in some movies I feel more comfortable if I watch them in original frame rate. What about in this case, what would be the best settings? I think quality should be preferenced in this case, what do you recommend?

Thanks to SVP Team for the release of SVP 3.1 big_smile, i was waiting for this to test and complete my guide. I hope you all the best. I was ultra mega busy, you wont believe me XD, i was watching a lot of old movies and animes with SVP all this time and some game got my atention too, sorry, now is time to take back this smile.

Hi all, thanks SVP Team for the SVP 3.1.1 , i will test it later and see how it going for me smile, i hope i can use it better, im still using the 3.0.6 that is stable for my system till now.

Greetings.

hey got very good news big_smile this is working now, good performance, im still testing and one thing by default this version make stutter and micro stutter alot, but once you create custom profile and change somethings, everything goes ok, i mean i dont have more ugly stutters ( that the default X profiles was doing ), i recommend you create new one, edit it, then stutter gone that happened in my case. I dont update, just unistall the previous version then install the new one. I have less Cpu usage spikes compared with 3.0.6 and the same happen with my GPUs with the BICUBIC option enable from Motion vector, etc. Ohh the Error that i mentioned before in other Thread about SVPs message error anytime if i change X settings on the profile or just jump to X second or minute of the movie... ITS GONE NOW thanks for this, i can go foward or backward and so and no problems big_smile.

Maken1
i mean i dont have more ugly stutters ( that the default X profiles was doing )

just can't wait for details  big_smile
btw there're 5 "default profiles" sets and they all different

Chainik

Hey chainik, finally big_smile manage to make this work on my system, very good, id found the best settings to save a lot of performance, give x2 more smooth quality than with 3.0.6 and with not much artifacts big_smile ( i think like -50% less artifacts than before ) . I can use my new settings even with 1080p 23.976 fps big_smile and max CPU usage arround 76/93% with it and with less resolution than that then less usage big_smile. BTW no more stutters once found the best settings for my system. My system cry more with Variable framerate in 1080p content, the rest is ok.

Later some screenies
Greetings.

Maken1
My system cry more with Variable framerate in 1080p content, the rest is ok.

use "Variable frame rate repair", SVP will force 2x algorithm

Maken1

Hey, just tell me is it better or worse than 3.0.6? That's all I need to know right now big_smile

Rimsky
Ohh man haha my bad you right, i forget that option, yes thanks now much better smile.

Greetings.

Chainik
YEs till now for me is much better!, i mean with 3.0.6 was ok, good performance in some cases, less artifacts after using some settings that sacrifice some smoothness, but with this new one is almost the same less artifacts ( i mean artifacts that not bother me so much after try some settings ) and the good new is this provide me better smooth quality than previous, so IN OTHER WORDS, YES THIS NEW ONE IS MUCH BETTER AND IS A KEEP TILL NEW CHANGES smile.

Greetings.

Hi all, hi all SVP Team, after all this time i was toying with my Overclocking, PotPlayer + filters and SVPs settings to get a little bit more performance.
I was testing change the video decoder and use CoreAVC 3.0.1 using Cuda, i noticed a little more smooth quality just in some cases than using Lav Video Decoder but, it was unstable i mean easy to crash and got stutter with some Videos, thing that not happen when i use Lav Filters, if someone want try to use CoreAVC for a moment and see your smooth quality, then try Lav Video Decoder then compare your experience. I was testing in my pc my settings with a GTX 560Ti ( from a friend ) i just can say that it VP5 + CUVID is the best i mean faster. Im saving money to buy one, this GPU handle SVP well, ok is not maybe the most powerful gpu for SVP i dont know but its very good at least much better than my two GTS 250 big_smile XD.
I need to reinstall Windows 7, once i got my Windows and system working like before then i will complete my new guide for the new SVP.

Greetings to all take care

Thanks for this guide and SVP!

Any chanced of getting a comprehensive high quality guide? I really dont understand how to set it how its supposed to be for highest quality settings :L/