326 (edited by vuquanghai 21-01-2015 22:26:17)

Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

How can i use more GPU acceleration? My GPU only run at around 35%, but my CPU sometime up to 90%

P/s: Do you know how to show drop frame on-screen (like Ctrl + J in MadVR)? I want to check if my setting have any problem  smile

you re already using GPU acceleration.. right ? use more does not mean you will get more performance or lower CPU usage, all depend, also I cant help much because I don't kn ow what kind of file are you playing, what settings in Svp profiles are you using and I don't know your hardware specs.

press Tab in potplayer shows some info but what you want you get It if you right click on potplayer, go to filters then click on EVR CP

328 (edited by vuquanghai 22-01-2015 01:27:32)

Maken1 wrote:

I have a laptop with i5-4200U and Nvidia GT 750M 2GB GDDR5 with 6GB RAM

Here is my profile setting:
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss10/vuquanghai/4_zpshfoaxucs.png

Is this setting "optimization" for my hardware specs?

If in EVR CP show like this, there is no problem with my setting, right?
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss10/vuquanghai/1_zps5uglbp9a.png

But can EVR calculate the frame dropped from SVP? I meant, this renderer only catch the frame dropped from video's origin frame, not 60fps from SVP. If video play at 23fps, it will show 1 frame dropped, but if video play at 58fps, it will show nothing?

vuquanghai

1- That profile is ok for 720p and your hardware. Change " SVP shader " to " 13. Standard ( default ) ". But if you like 23. Complicated, leave it as its then.  Change " Motion vectors precision: " to " One pixel " like minimum because your hardware can handle it. Try " Half pixel (default) " and if you don't have performance lost with it then keep it, otherwise use " One Pixel ".

2- There is not problem with that, all is running ok there, if there is a serious drops / performance lost it will show it as well.

Maken1 wrote:

Thank for your helpful support smile
Now i have a great experiment on watching video smile

vuquanghai wrote:
Maken1 wrote:

Thank for your helpful support smile
Now i have a great experiment on watching video smile

Im glad to see that smile , thank to you too.  thanks

Update 3

-Added basic madVR settings in Extras

I used my MadVR's previous setting with SVP and ~100 frame dropped/second lol big_smile

vuquanghai wrote:

I used my MadVR's previous setting with SVP and ~100 frame dropped/second lol big_smile

I wonder.. what kind of files and abused settings you were using... ? smile

I recommend keep cpu always bellow 80%.

video info:

Video
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Main@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 1h 19mn
Nominal bit rate                         : 1 788 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 29.970 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.065
Writing library                          : x264 core 130 r2273 b3065e6
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0 / me=hex / subme=4 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=15 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=0 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=29 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=abr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1788 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

My SVP profile:
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss10/vuquanghai/Untitled_zpsttlcrc6w.png

My MadVR setting:
chroma upscaling: Jinc/3 taps/active anti-ringing
image upscaling: Jinc/3 taps/active anti-ringing
image downscaling: Spline/active anti-ringing

Only SVP usually take ~ 80% of my CPU big_smile

Before continue with MadVR settings and it Scaling Algorightms ( recommended settings ) I want to show you something just to give you idea more or less what to do depending of your preferences and files to use with this awesome Video Renderer. After this the " recommended settings " will be done by yourself, you will take mine as point to start.
We are in 2015 at this point the codec had been improved so much, video files are more smaller than before and with more quality, and the more bigger ones looks more stunning with their high video bitrate and more. Im fan of that kind of material, I used to find the best I could for collection, this mean you will do same only if that movie, anime, etc is your favourite right ? Problem is that many of us still have old comp hardware or slow internet ( for now im included in that list sadly  neutral ) for as much we like the best quality that's one of the most reason many of you will stop of downloading those high quality and bigger files in " Gigas " , reasons? well not enough patient to wait who knows how many hours / days to get it. The best option is going for small size in Megas or Gigas movies, animes and more to get them fast and the price to pay is have less image quality. You go get 360p in the worse cases video clips, animes and 480p DvDrips of the same, also 720p why not with low video bitrate as well then is when come MadVR as the best solution to minimize some the low quality. With a combination of Scaling Algorithms and settings you can achieve very good results!.

360p, 480p and 720p

Use the next examples as " an idea of how it work " in some scenerarios. Use " image upscaling " as default for anything less than 1080p

Without MadVR > http://i.minus.com/iX7ezOXrSK2YO.jpg

MadVR > scaling algorithms > image upscaling > Lanczos + 4 taps and anti-ringing filter activated:
                          http://i.minus.com/idElmFqeWGMgB.jpg
MadVR > scaling algorithms > image upscaling > SoftCubic + softness 70 and scale in linear light activated:
                          http://i.minus.com/ib1gHJ6OSnoWHB.jpg
MadVR > scaling algorithms > image upscaling > Mitchell-Netravali > anti-ringing filter and scale in linear light activated:
                          http://i.minus.com/ibv1bGeYZSB4DB.jpg

You can use " image doubling " but it need a very powerful GPU to make it better, some sharpening filters and more to make results better but all of that have high price: need decent GPU with decent power. Some settings + SVP can be killer resulting in insane framedrops, that's why its up to you find what are the best settings depending of your hardware capabilities and smooth quality tastes. Make some balancing between MadVR and SVP, leave some free room for both to don't stress too much your GPU and have decent framerates and performance while playing your stuffs. You could use your CPU if its powerful for SVP and leave GPU for MadVR but its well known that in SVP GPU acceleration enabled is better.

vuquanghai

I knew it.. lets say you are abusing madvr settings and violating your gpu smile

Maken1
Yeah, i guess so smile

but its well known that in SVP GPU acceleration enabled is better.

You meant SVP's GPU acceleration is better than MadVR?

vuquanghai
No, I did not mean that, that's different thing friend.

ffsss got a problem here SVP Team, by internet problem I was editing my thread then submit and I lost connection in the process and just saved half of what I did :S , now I lost all, I need to re-edit some stuffs again, my backup is else where ( no this comp ). Any change I can recover all or I just need to edit again ? thx

Hola Maken. Muy interesante tu trabajo para la configuración del Potplayer. Muchas gracias.

¿Sería mucho pedirte si puedes traducir al español tu guía? No soy muy bueno con el inglés y me parece que más de un hispanohablante que visita este foro, tampoco lo es.

Agradecido de antemano smile

Maken1
Sorry. We can't get previous content of edited message. I recommend to save its copy locally in your computer.

Bonzo65 wrote:

Hola Maken. Muy interesante tu trabajo para la configuración del Potplayer. Muchas gracias.

¿Sería mucho pedirte si puedes traducir al español tu guía? No soy muy bueno con el inglés y me parece que más de un hispanohablante que visita este foro, tampoco lo es.

Agradecido de antemano smile

Spanish:
Hola, Bonzo65 muchas gracias aun no lo terminado, lo tenia casi terminado pero ubo un problema y se borro todo y tengo que volver actualizar todo pero mejor asi, asi puedo resumir algunas cosas. 
Ya antes habia pensado en eso, no habia tenido tiempo ya que primero era terminar esta y luego hacer la misma en otro idioma ( Spanish ). Solo aqui esta la guia original , se ha hecho popular que otros me copian y luego lo pegan en X sitios y hacen dinero sad. Pero soy yo el que cambia todo y solo lo que esta aqui es lo original. Donaciones si son possible ayudarian acelerar paso terminar esto y hacer mucho mas, pero igual ya habia pensado en ello como dije, en la medida que pueda lo hago.
De Nuevo gracias y un gran saludo.

MAG79 wrote:

Maken1
Sorry. We can't get previous content of edited message. I recommend to save its copy locally in your computer.

Hi MAG79, how you been? alright no problem then, in some part was my bad and in other not, I was working in other comp/network and leave backup there , my network not that good, tried to update something and plop got disconnection while saving and lost all my changes sad , now re-editing again, resuming some stuffs and making few backups to avoid this again.  Thx friend hope another nice update for SVP when its ready.

im having problem trying to edit, even if I try to Preview or Submit, I get this " HTTP 500 Internal Server Error " .  cant update now because of that, idk if is this crap network or I have to try in another comp with other isp.

Hola Maken. Ante todo, muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

Es una pena lo que cuentas. Pero te aseguro que todo irá para mejor. Ya lo verás.

Respecto de ello, me permito hacerte unas sugerencias: sería bueno que pudieras poner tu guía en formato .pdf, accesible sólo a usuarios del sitio, y cada captura de pantalla con una watermark con tu nombre o la del sitio, a fin de evitar que otros tomen el crédito por algo que hiciste tú. Otra forma sería que a las capturas que ya existen en este thread, les pongas dicha marca watermark, por los mismos motivos.

Gracias, nuevamente. Un gran saludo.  smile

Hi Maken1. Do you use  fullscreen exclusive mode in MadVR? I use windowed mode there are no problem, but everytime i switch to fullscreen exclusive mode, there are a lot of frames drop. How can i fix this? sad

vuquanghai wrote:

Hi Maken1. Do you use  fullscreen exclusive mode in MadVR? I use windowed mode there are no problem, but everytime i switch to fullscreen exclusive mode, there are a lot of frames drop. How can i fix this? sad

hi, how you been?
No, I don't , you can just disable it, disable it.

Bonzo65 wrote:

Hola Maken. Ante todo, muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

Es una pena lo que cuentas. Pero te aseguro que todo irá para mejor. Ya lo verás.

Respecto de ello, me permito hacerte unas sugerencias: sería bueno que pudieras poner tu guía en formato .pdf, accesible sólo a usuarios del sitio, y cada captura de pantalla con una watermark con tu nombre o la del sitio, a fin de evitar que otros tomen el crédito por algo que hiciste tú. Otra forma sería que a las capturas que ya existen en este thread, les pongas dicha marca watermark, por los mismos motivos.

Gracias, nuevamente. Un gran saludo.  smile

Spanish

Hi, si gracias eso espero.
Si ya una ves lo intente pero fue un problema ya que luego PotPlayer lo habian cambiado y actualizarlo fue un problema, tambien no pude terminar la guia completamente debido al problema que tuve, estuve ausente por un buen tiempo y ahora regresandito, pero si luego pensare en hacer algo asi cuando ya alla algo mas definitive osea cuando ya alla mas una version mas tipo " final " por asi decirlo del PotPlayer que no alla que estarle cambiando mucho. Lo del logo en las capturas si ya estaba pensando en eso

Shader(2 Pass) Lanczos in latest PotPlayer beta, so good, very recommended!.

GPU damaged, waiting for other coming soon I hope.