Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

Hi. I'm new with SVP. I'm using PotPlayer + madVR + LavFilter. And today i want to try something new. I'm waiting for Guide v6.0 released. Thank Maken1 was made a great guide like this. Hope v6.0 will be released soon.
Sorry for my bad English smile

vuquanghai wrote:

Hi. I'm new with SVP. I'm using PotPlayer + madVR + LavFilter. And today i want to try something new. I'm waiting for Guide v6.0 released. Thank Maken1 was made a great guide like this. Hope v6.0 will be released soon.
Sorry for my bad English smile

Hi vuquanghai, thank you smile. yes I will, just testing last betas / finishing some stuffs then ready to go. by the way what do you need? make run svp only or ?

303 (edited by vuquanghai 04-01-2015 16:43:44)

Maken1 wrote:

Hi vuquanghai, thank you smile. yes I will, just testing last betas / finishing some stuffs then ready to go. by the way what do you need? make run svp only or ?

I want to try SVP once time at least and play video at 60fps. My current configuration with MadVR and Lavfilter can play a video at 60fps too, but i feel it not real and not smoth enought, like the video still play at 24fps.
I don't know if you could understand what i mean or not. Because my English not so good big_smile

I am looking forward for the Guide v6.0 to be released. Thank you for all the efforts @Maken1

reymondpadriga wrote:

I am looking forward for the Guide v6.0 to be released. Thank you for all the efforts @Maken1

Hi, yes just give me some more time, im finishing some stuffs here, been busy too much. Thanks to you too

306 (edited by reymondpadriga 18-01-2015 22:40:09)

Maken1

I am actually itching and can't wait now for the new Guide to be released.   neutral  Can you tell us any specific day or target date for it to be released?

For now i am using the full version of SVP.

reymondpadriga wrote:

Maken1

I am actually itching and can't wait now for the new Guide to be released.   neutral  Can you tell us any specific day or target date for it to be released?

Hi my country have 3 days with problems with the internet service, its national. I have setup almost everything images and more but I cant upload and edit until its not fixed because it never finish to complete upload and more. Once internet service is completely restore ill process to edit/upload. Sorry for the troubles and thanks for your patience

Internet service restore. ill dedicate all this week to update/upload the guide, keep in touch.

Hi Maken 1, can you tell me what is different between smooth motion of MadVR and SVP? Those functions all play video at 60 fps  smile

311 (edited by Maken1 19-01-2015 17:01:20)

vuquanghai wrote:

Hi Maken 1, can you tell me what is different between smooth motion of MadVR and SVP? Those functions all play video at 60 fps  smile

Hi as far as I know the smooth motion from MadVR does original source frame ( 23.976,24,25,etc ) x2 only .SVP does the same and with custom profiles you can make x2 or 60 and more but with better results. PotPlayer can do the same but only x2 of the original source frames and it does lots of ugly artifacts meh hmm and its not as good as SVP anyway but wait this one smooth the " hard scenes " but again the price is ugly artifacts im sure no one will like or? roll . I prefer use SVP only for smooth.

While installing Potplayer, I do not get Open Source Install guide. Please help

http://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file= … 3qoqwb.jpg

darshanjoshi wrote:

Hi, what version are you using? its x86? are you downloading official or beta from the link provided by my guide? im sure you re missing something from the steps.

vuquanghai
what is different between smooth motion of MadVR and SVP?
madVR's smooth motion is frame blending.
SVP does frame interpolation with motion compensation.

MAG79 wrote:

vuquanghai
what is different between smooth motion of MadVR and SVP?
madVR's smooth motion is frame blending.
SVP does frame interpolation with motion compensation.

Thanks for the help  smile

Update 1

Guide updated with the basic settings you need to start using PotPlayer and SVP. More coming later.

Enjoy

317 (edited by darshanjoshi 20-01-2015 04:46:58)

darshanjoshi wrote:

I have download from below link provided by you.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer

Downloaded this file

Download PotPlayer 1.6.51480 (direct link)    (19.4MB)

318 (edited by Maken1 20-01-2015 04:49:19)

darshanjoshi wrote:
darshanjoshi wrote:

I have download from below link provided by you.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer

Downloaded this file
Latest version:
1.6.51480 / 1.6.52150 Beta (January 15, 2015)

Still having the problem? uninstall previous version before install beta, and re-download this one
PotPlayer 1.6.52150 Beta (direct link): http://www.videohelp.com/download/PotPl … .52150.exe
just in case run as administrator

319 (edited by vuquanghai 20-01-2015 04:50:14)

I usual watch a bluray video encoded at 720p with bitrate ~ more than 8000 kbps and anime + tv show, what video renderer should i take? EVR CP or MadVR?
BLuray encoded with a higher bitrate than anime and tv show, am i need to switch between renderers usually?

320 (edited by Maken1 20-01-2015 06:00:47)

vuquanghai wrote:

I usual watch a bluray video encoded at 720p with bitrate ~ more than 8000 kbps and anime + tv show, what video renderer should i take? EVR CP or MadVR?
BLuray encoded with a higher bitrate than anime and tv show, am i need to switch between renderers usually?

Use EVR CP, it will give you performance,quality and will allow you use more settings in SVP that are more GPU dependant keeping it at decent usage. If your GPU is powerful enough you can use MadVR, increase more taps for example for better results of the upscaling but keep an eye on GPU usages, you don't want it to go too high when you use SVP because some settings you like cant be stable resulting in framedrops/performance lost.

I use MadVR for DVDs, anime 720p or 848x480 resolutions + so so bitrate. Also 1920x1080 with low bitrate but I rarely play that kind of files, only if I don't have more options. I try always to get decent quality then use EVR CP for increase performance and have more free room to play with SVP.

321 (edited by vuquanghai 20-01-2015 13:07:51)

Maken1 wrote:

http://cliffordgarstang.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Work_in_progress.png

Is this guide totally complete?

Some more question:
- Can i use LAV Splitter Source in source/spitter at Potplayer? What is different between LAV Splitter Source and LAV Splitter?
- Why your PotPlayer setting is different with mine? Include some default settings with "Recommended". I'm using PotPlayer 1.6.51480
- If i use ffdShow, so should i not need to use DXVA and un-tick this option. Is that rigth?
- What is Avisynth use for? I don't see anywhere you talk about Avisynth

322 (edited by Maken1 20-01-2015 15:13:46)

vuquanghai wrote:
Maken1 wrote:

http://cliffordgarstang.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Work_in_progress.png

Is this guide totally complete?

Some more question:
- Can i use LAV Splitter Source in source/spitter at Potplayer? What is different between LAV Splitter Source and LAV Splitter?
- Why your PotPlayer setting is different with mine? Include some default settings with "Recommended". I'm using PotPlayer 1.6.51480
- If i use ffdShow, so should i not need to use DXVA and un-tick this option. Is that rigth?
- What is Avisynth use for? I don't see anywhere you talk about Avisynth

hi

1-Is this guide totally complete?
No, but right now you have all the necessary settings to start using PotPlayer with SVP. Some other things that are optional will be added later.

2- Can i use LAV Splitter Source in source/spitter at Potplayer? What is different between LAV Splitter Source and LAV Splitter?
You can try to see what happen but better use the recommended " LAV Splitter ". Even if you check other guides its the same they set " LAV Splitter " only.

3- Why your PotPlayer setting is different with mine? Include some default settings with "Recommended". I'm using PotPlayer 1.6.51480
Because im using Beta and your version is not beta. If you go for beta, uninstall the not beta. You can update installing betas over betas without need of uninstall, your previous setting will be keep, but still you can make a backup just in case. Ill edit main op and put the use of betas as optional or recommended.

4- If i use ffdShow, so should i not need to use DXVA and un-tick this option. Is that rigth?
ffdShow raw video filter is needed to make SVP work, but when this is active DXVA and DXVA2 copy-back in PotPlayer not work, keep it un-tick. Don't worry much about it, the PotPlayer video decoders are good too and give decent performance.

5- What is Avisynth use for? I don't see anywhere you talk about Avisynth
I cant give a more in deep answer about this, but just know its something really importat that SVP need to work too.

323 (edited by vuquanghai 20-01-2015 16:25:08)

Maken1 wrote:

hi

1-Is this guide totally complete?
No, but right now you have all the necessary settings to start using PotPlayer with SVP. Some other things that are optional will be added later.

2- Can i use LAV Splitter Source in source/spitter at Potplayer? What is different between LAV Splitter Source and LAV Splitter?
You can try to see what happen but better use the recommended " LAV Splitter ". Even if you check other guides its the same they set " LAV Splitter " only.

3- Why your PotPlayer setting is different with mine? Include some default settings with "Recommended". I'm using PotPlayer 1.6.51480
Because im using Beta and your version is not beta. If you go for beta, uninstall the not beta. You can update installing betas over betas without need of uninstall, your previous setting will be keep, but still you can make a backup just in case. Ill edit main op and put the use of betas as optional or recommended.

4- If i use ffdShow, so should i not need to use DXVA and un-tick this option. Is that rigth?
ffdShow raw video filter is needed to make SVP work, but when this is active DXVA and DXVA2 copy-back in PotPlayer not work, keep it un-tick. Don't worry much about it, the PotPlayer video decoders are good too and give decent performance.

5- What is Avisynth use for? I don't see anywhere you talk about Avisynth
I cant give a more in deep answer about this, but just know its something really importat that SVP need to work too.

Thank for your support smile
- Can i continue use current PotPlayer version, or i have to install the Beta version to work with SVP?
- About Avisynth: i only need to install Avisynth and don't need to config anything,  just don't worry much about it, than i can use SVP now. Is this right?

vuquanghai

- install the most recent beta and remember uninstall 1.6.51480 before install beta.
- yes, dont need to config, just keep it installed that's all. Even if you decide to don't use SVP anymore ( it will be sad ), don't uninstall it. You could need it later.

Update 2

-Added Extra
-Added the use of LAV Video Decoder ( optional ) for PotPlayer in Extra