Re: Convert Videos to 60fps in just a few clicks

Ok, but you still never answered my question...  maybe I should re-word it.

Are you "throwing away" the non-DASH 720p format?

For now I'm throwing away non-DASH MP4 and WebM files.

I saw these DASH mostly for 360p videos that were in fact 240p, and I saw it in one case where MP4 was available twice in 720p: DASH and non-DASH.

If you see a specific video where the non-DASH MP4 should be downloaded, show it to me.

Some videos have Vorbis audio available but I can't redownload them because my local MP4 is higher quality. I might have to add an option to redownload only the audio and muxe that Vorbis audio with the local video. However, that won't work if the videos aren't exactly the same length.

54 (edited by Mystery 25-06-2015 18:03:58)

Here are the SIMPLEST instructions as to how to convert videos to 60fps in 7 easy steps

Alright... now it can download only the audio stream and merge it back with the video. I saw that not only did they lower the video bitrates, but they also lowered the audio bitrates from 192kb to 128kb. That's very unfortunate. So for videos I downloaded before I want to keep, even the AAC audio may be higher than the new Vorbis audio, so I have to compare the bitrate as well.

If the remote Vorbis bitrate is no less than 20% lower than the local AAC bitrate, I download the audio stream and merge it with the local video.

56 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-06-2015 03:08:45)

I think you are downloading the wrong AAC audio then - the DASH audio stream for 480p is 128kbps while the DASH audio stream for 720p is 256kbps.

Also, it's very possible that they may have downgraded the 720p vorbis at some point in time due to it being depreciated in favor of Opus audio (fmt251).

Let's this this HD video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

The best quality audio I'm seeing is non-DASH 720p with 192kb AAC audio. Then, I see only 2 DASH audios, AAC and Vorbis, and they're both 128kb. Unless I'm missing something?

Opus Audio? Is that implemented yet, are there currently videos using that format?

Wait... there were 3 unrecognized streams at the bottom. Could those be Opus audio and that the downloader doesn't yet support it? It doesn't have that format in its list of supported audio formats.

59 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-06-2015 07:00:25)

I don't know, I'm not looking with your downloader since even the one I personally use doesn't support Opus. tongue

I'm not sure how many of the are still accurate but here's a reference point for what was at one point at least accurate:

fmt139 = AAC 48kbps
fmt140 = AAC 128kbps
fmt141 = AAC 256kbps

fmt171 = Vorbis 128kbps
fmt172 = Vorbis 192kbps

fmt249 = Opus (unknown bitrate)
fmt250 = Opus (unknown bitrate)
fmt251 = Opus 160kbps

Oh, that's what FormatCode is! I'm only seeing 140 and 171 as recognized streams, and the 3 unrecognized streams are 249, 250 and 251.

So it looks like they downgraded AAC and Vorbis in favor of Opus which I'm ignoring so far.

61 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-06-2015 07:34:38)

With the downloader I use (CompleteYouTubeSaver), indeed it would seem that 192kbps Vorbis has been depreciated in favor of 160kbps Opus (I'm not surprised), but 256kbps AAC is still available...  maybe they changed the fmt value from what it used to be?

Thanks, those 3 format codes were exactly what I needed to fix it! There's VERY LITTLE online documentation about that! But I saw at one place that 249 is 50kbps and 250 is 70kbps. This will become one of the few downloaders that support Opus?

63 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-06-2015 08:14:09)

Technically the one I linked totally could support Opus by simply changing the fmt values - I did this on my own to support 60fps before it got added officially, and am tempted to replace the depreciated 192kbps Vorbis with Opus.

Speaking of which, I was digging around the extension's XPI archive and I can confirm that the fmt values I posted above for AAC are definitely correct since it's what the extension itself uses.  So if you're not getting any fmt141 listed, you may want to see if you can manually input and retrieve it...

EDIT: Yup, just made an "Opus mod" of it.  It still says OGG vorbis and saves stand-alone audio to an OGG container, but Opus actually natively uses the ogg container anyway (though with the file extension .opus) so everything works just fine.

Download link if you care:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tur9j … us-mod.xpi

OK I got the 160kbps Opus stream successfully. I'm definitely not seeing 256kbps ACC (code 141), but I have codes 266 and 313 that aren't recognized.

Searching online, 266 is MOV video type which I had never seen before. What's up with Mov? Is it good or should I ignore it?

I found a good list of format codes here: in the source code of another downloader smile
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/ … youtube.py

Now all streams are properly identified but I still see no trace of a 256kbps AAC. Do you see what format code it has?

65 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-06-2015 08:29:03)

Unfortunately I have no extra information than what I've already stated.  All I can say is to perhaps download the extension I linked to and try it yourself (it may be wise to try it in the PortableApps version of Firefox or the official portable version of Pale Moon).

And of course, since extensions aren't encrypted, you can view the XPI archive's contents by just renaming its file extension to .ZIP.  Considering you actually know how to code (unlike me), you might be able to make more sense of the contents of said extension (for this purpose it may be wise to at least refer to the Opus mod I made since I made a folder with copies of the modified files specifically for pointing out which files were the ones that I did modify, meaning they are the files that contain the info regarding formats and fmt values).

Ah... it seems YouTube didn't actually lower their quality. Rather, I've been downloading the wrong video streams!

Now I'm seeing the 600MB file that I had on my local computer. The downloader says 250kb but I think it's a mistake. The 600MB file I have on my computer has a 128kb AAC audio with it. But actually, that downloader failed to merge the audio into the video.

With the Natural Grounding Player, you can right-click on the file in the playlist and "Extract audio", and tell me what bitrate that file really has.

And now it's still not that simple to select the right stream. There are 2x 2160p WebM streams available: code 272 and 313. In case of doubt like this, would simply taking the highest format code be good enough?

The "right" file to download is 266, which is not MOV but really is MP4. Combined with 160kbps Opus audio.

I wonder how that downloader do to know the file size of all downloads right away. I was querying each URLs which takes time.

67 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-06-2015 09:17:43)

Uhhh, I checked my downloads with foobar2000 which reports bitrate in realtime during playback, and the audio was easily over 200kbps...

Maybe I should upload the 256kbps AAC file of that YouTube video in question just to prove that it actually exists? tongue

Regarding the 2x WebM streams, I have no idea - I've never seen that before. O_o

EDIT: And just to make sure I'm not crazy, I checked with MPC-HC as well, and yes it's definitely over 200kbps.

EDIT 2: I don't know if it makes any difference, but here's a copy of the AAC file anyway.  This was downloaded as a stand-alone audio file and then muxed into the proper M4A container automatically via CompleteYouTubeSaver + ffmpeg:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3daol82 … anford.m4a

Note that I don't plan on keeping this download available forever, I'll likely delete it in a few days or so.

EDIT 3: If you want, I could even provide a "pre-made" version of PaleMoon portable that is already set up to download the according 256kbps AAC audio save for the necessary menu choices to actually select the according download.

Mystery

When you will done with your experiments - will you share the results? smile
I was thinking about converting SVPtube into a downloadable "plugin" for SVP 4 and it could also include more intelligent video download mechanism...

69 (edited by Mystery 26-06-2015 19:12:12)

Both YTD Video Downloader and www.clipconverter.cc fail to download the best video format.

I looked at all the video streams one by one to see whether one would have been mis-interpreted and I definitely don't find that 256kb stream.

Complete YouTube Saver definitely downloads 256kb ACC at this URL

//r3---sn-j5caxh5nj5o-j0oe.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?id=437a08b6955af5fb&itag=141&source=youtube&requiressl=yes&ms=au&mv=m&mm=31&pl=21&mn=sn-j5caxh5nj5o-j0oe&ratebypass=yes&mime=audio/mp4&gir=yes&clen=11226600&lmt=1421394143029494&dur=352.107&upn=HrcakPuKNVc&mt=1435344694&key=dg_yt0&sver=3&fexp=9407141,9408142,9408420,9408710,9412491,9413006,9413155,9413503,9415052,9415560,9415828,9416048,9416126,9416144,9416456,9416729,9416846,952640&signature=0FE155AE3EBD09030F8EC53D102863736A5E52E2.2C58359C108562726726BEA8E0F0326322879DEE&ip=189.221.249.135&ipbits=0&expire=1435366409&sparams=ip,ipbits,expire,id,itag,source,requiressl,ms,mv,mm,pl,mn,ratebypass,mime,gir,clen,lmt,dur

If you open the web page in your browser and search "itag=141", however, you don't find it. It seems like it's not available anymore, but still is if you know how to request it... Complete YouTube Downloader seems to be doing something fancy here. Any idea?

Edit:
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/some-n … b&

None whatsoever.

The only thing I can suggest is asking the developer himself.

BTW, I'm going to guess that 256kbps AAC still exists for browsers and such that don't support Opus (particularly IE and Safari along with plain-old flash player).

https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/6099

72 (edited by Mystery 26-06-2015 21:34:07)

OK, after parsing the DASH Manifest, now it downloads the 256kb audio stream.

Damn it's not that easy to just download a video! Now I'm getting this error on some videos when trying to download the DASH Manifest File

Your client does not have permission to get URL

https://manifest.googlevideo.com/api/ma … om/key/yt5

Now that works except those that give me access denied for the DASH Manifest. You can then download WebM video + 256kb AAC audio into a MKV container for some videos.

Now that works except those that give me access denied for the DASH Manifest. You can then download WebM video + 256kb AAC audio into a MKV container for some videos.

For this video, the best version is the non-DASH WebM that is falsely marked as 360p, so I can't ignore those.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVCcqRKhrdo

The file size is specified for each video stream so I simply sort by Resolution and then by FileSize to get the best video. However, non-DASH videos don't have FileSize specified.

Access denied is because those DASH Manifest files need to be decrypted