Topic: Multiple Profiles for same resolution?

I'm trying to setup two profiles to select depending on if i'm watching cartoons/anime or live action tv/movies. Rather then it be depending on the video's resolution since they both can come any resolution. I would like to be able to select an active profile. Is there a way to do this that i am unaware of? or maybe it would be a cool new addition if its not already implemented.

Re: Multiple Profiles for same resolution?

Oh, I've been meaning to ask this too smile

I usually have to change the setting manually.

This would be awesome, but I can't think of any practical way that would make thing possible yet convenient to use without some sort of AI programming.

No. It is not implemented.
And you are right. SVP can't automatically detect type of video: for example is it anime or movie?

I think that manual switching between 2 sets of profiles by Shortcut Key would be practical and likely the best solution.

e.g. Ctrl + Alt + A for Anime profiles
Ctrl + Alt + T for Tv/movies

But by that logic it shouldn't be limited to specifically that but instead be user-customizable - in particular, some people hate high framerates and interpolation for movie content but are perfectly fine with it for video game footage and content.

7 (edited by droiyan7 16-03-2015 07:41:12)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

But by that logic it shouldn't be limited to specifically that but instead be user-customizable - in particular, some people hate high framerates and interpolation for movie content but are perfectly fine with it for video game footage and content.

I think that can be arranged with current system. Movies are always 24FPS (unless get back to the a silent film era, or HFR films those have high framerates by native) and others comes with 30+ FPS usually. So you just need to set two profiles for each resolution. 24 FPS and 30 FPS.

But make it user-customizable is good idea. Maybe some people would find benefit from switching 3 sets of profiles   cool

Also it's not good to just assume that the likes of video game footage will always to 30fps - I myself have come across game footage in both 24fps and 25fps even though the games themselves did not run at those framerates not multiples of said framerates.

I tried to install SVP in a separate directory but it still uses shared settings =[

10 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 20-03-2015 06:50:05)

datboishagg wrote:

I tried to install SVP in a separate directory but it still uses shared settings =[

You could probably do it with Sandboxie, but just note you'd also have to run the media player in Sandboxie as well.

datboishagg
install SVP in a separate directory but it still uses shared settings
It must be so because SVP uses one settings folder for all versions and intances of version. I think it is usefull.
When install SVP you can choose what settings folder to use: for All users or for Local user.