26 (edited by WolfyAmbassador 07-06-2014 14:29:11)

Re: SVP vs 120/240hz TVs with motion interpolation?

Chainik wrote:

WolfyAmbassador
Any possible way to fix?

I've already said - crop the edges and leave only the "clean" frame.

Alright, I'll try that. Will it work for every video, or do I have to manually crop every new video?

depends...
auto cropping can't do it for you if the border is not black

28 (edited by WolfyAmbassador 07-06-2014 15:15:12)

Chainik wrote:

depends...
auto cropping can't do it for you if the border is not black

Alright, tried cropping it,  didn't help. I recorded the issue with my phone camera to get a better idea of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyyG_LelPSA watch that. I went around the edges of the video. Basically, no matter what crop size, it still shows that problem.

"this video is private"

Chainik wrote:

"this video is private"

Oops, I thought anyone with the link can see the video. I went to private just because I don't want to get flagged for copyright of the video within SVP. Anyway I fixed it. You can click on it now.

I can hardly see anything on this ... video big_smile

In fact it'd be more helpful if you upload small part of the source video and post here the exact SVP settings (Information - Additional information)

Chainik wrote:

I can hardly see anything on this ... video big_smile

In fact it'd be more helpful if you upload small part of the source video and post here the exact SVP settings (Information - Additional information)

How do I go about doing that?

ok, several video frames (w/o cropping) may be enough

"File -> Save image" in MPC-HC

you can even catch one interpolated frame and post it here too

34 (edited by WolfyAmbassador 07-06-2014 19:42:07)

Chainik wrote:

ok, several video frames (w/o cropping) may be enough

"File -> Save image" in MPC-HC

you can even catch one interpolated frame and post it here too

Okay I got pictures:

Here's one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … p=sharing. You can see the the distorted mess on the edges near the border of the video.

Another: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … sp=sharing

Now look at these two pictures below with a similar scene; one has the issue, and the other doesn't.

Here is the one with the distortion surrounding the video borders: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … sp=sharing

Here is one with no issues: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … sp=sharing

So the problem seems to happen with certain frames maybe? When you play the video, it appears to be flickering when those bad frames are being played.

Another thing. I tried a few different cropping option and it's the same result. It's also a thing only seemed found on the GPU acceleration.

never seen anything like this  hmm

give me the exact SVP settings (Information - Additional information)

and is there any place where I can download this video file?

36 (edited by WolfyAmbassador 07-06-2014 20:38:19)

Chainik wrote:

never seen anything like this  hmm

give me the exact SVP settings (Information - Additional information)

and is there any place where I can download this video file?

I don't think there is a specific setting, but it usually happens videos lower quality than HD, and it isn't just this video. I just used it as an example.

really, it's hard to guess

can you give me the specific file with specific settings that produce this error in 100% cases?

you can take some video from YouTube with SVPtube for example...

---

and is this happens on that AMD A6 system? what is the video driver version used?

Well it looks like somebody else is having this issue: http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1854. Yay, I'm not the only one! LOL. Okay maybe I wasn't paying attention enough to the stuff you told me, because the guy on that thread is giving similar solutions to what you gave me.

OMG my ADHD is kicking in big time, either that or I am plain dumb and not listening properly.

WolfyAmbassador
Well it looks like somebody else is having this issue

No, he's not  big_smile
Don't you see the artifacts are completely different?

Chainik wrote:

WolfyAmbassador
Well it looks like somebody else is having this issue

No, he's not  big_smile
Don't you see the artifacts are completely different?

But it seems based off of the same problem. He probably has different settings, and it looks different. idk, at least hd content works.

Dude, I am getting the same artifacts as that other guy I linked you to (just spotted it)! Along with the ones I showed you. It's a apparently a problem with GPU acceleration as stated in that link.

Dude  big_smile
Those artifacts are from the not cropped video frame. Believe me, I know.
If you really are "getting the same artifacts as that other guy" then just crop that damn video at last  lol
Otherwise just give me the information I need to try to figure out what is wrong in your case.

BTW, do you never sleep? May be it's the root cause?

Chainik wrote:

Dude  big_smile
Those artifacts are from the not cropped video frame. Believe me, I know.
If you really are "getting the same artifacts as that other guy" then just crop that damn video at last  lol
Otherwise just give me the information I need to try to figure out what is wrong in your case.

BTW, do you never sleep? May be it's the root cause?

Giving the information is pointless, because it doesn't matter what link or video, it's an issue with the whole program. Especially the case where SVPtube links crash the MPC-HC. That's why I skip those steps and just try to find solutions  big_smile

WolfyAmbassador
Please take screenshot of GPUZ window on your system and post it here.

GPU-Z snapshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_ … sp=sharing

WolfyAmbassador
Giving the information is pointless

ok then  lol

Chainik wrote:

WolfyAmbassador
Giving the information is pointless

ok then  lol

I was mainly referring to the fact of providing videos and links of SVPtube videos that crash which I figured was pointless, since I know those weren't the issue. I meant they're an issue with the program and on my end, not the links or videos. Knowing that the programs are the issue, I wasn't going to send links or information that're not going to show up as an issue with you, this goes for some of the other stuff you requested me to do as well beside SVPtube.

Don't get me wrong but I have no idea what to do on my side to get the similar result. Unless I can do this - I can't do nothing to fix it.

Chainik wrote:

Don't get me wrong but I have no idea what to do on my side to get the similar result. Unless I can do this - I can't do nothing to fix it.

You can't, because it's only on my side. Like I said, there's no specific video or link that crashes, a video can work one time, an it'll crash the next time. It can happen with any random video. So if I gave you the link to the video that crashed my MPC-HC player, it might work again on my side by the time you get to play it. It's a random occurrence with any random video. You can basically just launch a video from SVPtube yourself and experiment with it that way, because if I gave you the link, it'll just be the same result.

I'm not talking about SVPtube but about artifacts on frame edges.